Onboard Riviera Jan. 4

Nymich

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Nymich, good morning.  See you tomorrow.  It looks like the Regent is current at the spot that we may dock.

Thank you for providing all these information.  It has been very helpful during these difficult times.  You will be a tough act to follow.

I will buy you a drink during the next two weeks.

What have you done with the drink package?  Did pick the Select Drink package as you O’Life option?  Did you upgrade?  Just wondering what you did and what you would recommend.  Are you pleased with your choice?

Thanks

We did not get the drink package or the O Life.  As for drinks we are buying as we go..... All non alcoholic drinks including specialty coffees being included is a huge plus. Oh and Good Morning!  🙂

Edited by Nymich
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We board in March for our first cruise on Oceania. I’m interested in the red wines that are offered with the drink package so any info you can give would be much appreciated!!

The list on Oceania's site is pretty accurate to what I saw on the 12/23 cruise for wines by the glass.  All of these would be included in the drink packages - https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1700/Terrace-Cafe-Wine-list.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We board in March for our first cruise on Oceania. I’m interested in the red wines that are offered with the drink package so any info you can give would be much appreciated!!

Mostly “swill” (seriously). They are generally $10-15 USD/bottle retail in the US.

The value of the booze packages is cocktails. Bring your own wine and/or check out the O “bin end” list the minute you board. 
Likewise, the “7 bottle” deal is mostly cheap stuff with the occasional “loss leader” thrown in. When we’ve bought the 7 bottle deal, it’s often been 7 bottles of a single wine (like Mirabelle sparkling.

2 minutes ago, Nymich said:

BOTH of us are negative for the next cruise!  This after many days right next door to a quarantine guest who is disembarking tmrw.

So we did 4 tests in 10 days.  First was at home ag emed on Jan. 3.  Second was at POM Jan 4.   Third was on Ship prior to Barbados and Fourth today on Ship for the next leg.

• Like 1

More on the testing process:

Each time they tested they called 3 or 4 cabins and had them call 00.  One can only speculate why?  Could have been a positive or they needed another test.  It was not because they had not reported for their test as those were announced by name and cabin after 11am when testing was to be complete.

When I see the number of cruise cancelations and shortened cruises worldwide it makes me admire how O seems to be a step ahead ........for now anyway.  Let's hope this continues. 

Edited by Nymich
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nymich said:

BOTH of us are negative for the next cruise!  This after many days right next door to a quarantine guest who is disembarking tmrw.

Congrats on your being negative.  Would you know what type of cabin the quarantined passengers next door to you are in?

47 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Mostly “swill” (seriously). They are generally $10-15 USD/bottle retail in the US.

The value of the booze packages is cocktails. Bring your own wine and/or check out the O “bin end” list the minute you board. 
Likewise, the “7 bottle” deal is mostly cheap stuff with the occasional “loss leader” thrown in. When we’ve bought the 7 bottle deal, it’s often been 7 bottles of a single wine (like Mirabelle sparkling.

Good info, thanks. Knew about the "bin end" deal";  who is it that we ask about that?

2 minutes ago, jazznruby said:

Good info, thanks. Knew about the "bin end" deal";  who is it that we ask about that?

Just ask the wine waiter  they will bring the folder with all the bottled wines offered  & Bin end list is usually at the back of the menu

You may also find the list  at the bar area in Horizons

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Just ask the wine waiter  they will bring the folder with all the bottled wines offered  & Bin end list is usually at the back of the menu

You may also find the list  at the bar area in Horizons

Thanks, Lyn.

2 hours ago, pilgrimage said:

The list on Oceania's site is pretty accurate to what I saw on the 12/23 cruise for wines by the glass.  All of these would be included in the drink packages - https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1700/Terrace-Cafe-Wine-list.pdf

I should probably know this, but I forgot already.  The wine and beer selection is the same for the Select package and the premium package upgrade?  The difference between the two is the Select is only beer and wine with lunch and dinner, while the Premium is anytime and included the cocktails/booze as listed?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I should probably know this, but I forgot already.  The wine and beer selection is the same for the Select package and the premium package upgrade?  The difference between the two is the Select is only beer and wine with lunch and dinner, while the Premium is anytime and included the cocktails/booze as listed?

Thanks.

Yes - that's correct.

• Like 1

Nymich, if you decide to take the trolley over to Bayside tomorrow, be advised that  the stores open at 10 AM.

The Wodapalooza CrossFit competition is taking place in the park this week.  Bring your workout clothes.  You would have had to register already.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jazznruby said:

Also, doesn't O have a "premium" wine list that's not published that you ask for? Is it the O Club list?

Yeah, that O Club wine is top shelf. 

They do have good wines onboard, it's just none of them are in a drink package or by the glass. You have to pay the bottle price. 

• Haha 1

Nymich, if you decide to take the trolley over to Bayside tomorrow, be advised that  the stores open at 10 AM.

The Wodapalooza CrossFit competition is taking place in the park this week.  Bring your workout clothes.  You would have had to register already.

I will be working out at Waves.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Thanks.

Correct about the wine choices: both packages are the same and it’s only about 1.5 dozen items which are the same in every location onboard.

The Prestige package is mostly for folks who want spirits. And there’s value there primarily if you drink better booze, multi-booze concoctions and doubles. 
So: a couple of double “side cars” with Hennessy VSOP, Cointreau and fresh lemon juice (ask nicely to avoid the citrus mixer) anytime then the mediocre wine-by-the-glass at meal time  is where you’ll see the value of the $60/package (which includes the 18% gratuity). But, it only works if that’s your daily routine.

As I’ve suggested before, bring your own wine, go to “happy hour,” get invited to officer dinners, go to O Club events, etc

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yeah, that O Club wine is top shelf. 

They do have good wines onboard, it's just none of them are in a drink package or by the glass. You have to pay the bottle price. 

And, as with any cruise line, the bottle price is mostly outrageous at 200-300% markup (often significantly more than a land restaurant would charge) .

Bring a $75 NorCal Pinot Noir and pay the $25 corkage. Same bottle (if they have it) onboard might list for $225 + gratuity.

2 hours ago, Nymich said:

Maitre d Jaccques just told me 600 guests tomorrow.  We had 690 with plenty of room!  Yippeeeeeey if this is true this going to be AWESOME!!!!

Have you heard where we are going?   We have not received an updated itinerary.