How's the Pizza on Apex?

AF-1

On 1/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, AF-1 said:

I am looking to cruise with Celebrity in the future.  I have only been on Royal Caribbean, NCL, and Princess.  I have tried the pizza on these lines so am curious about the Apex or Edge.  Thanks for your answers

You don't go on a cruise looking to eat pizza.   Think about the frozen food aisle at a local grocery store and it tastes like that.  Bland.  But if you like those brands, you will be happy.

On 1/7/2022 at 10:24 AM, phoenix_dream said:

From the Chicago area so we are very picky with pizza!  We found the Apex pizza to be quite good, for a cruise ship pizza at least.  

thanks for the feedback.  I have been in chicago and love the deep dish pizzas

On 1/7/2022 at 1:01 PM, keesar said:

You don't go on a cruise looking to eat pizza.   Think about the frozen food aisle at a local grocery store and it tastes like that.  Bland.  But if you like those brands, you will be happy.

I don't agree with your assessment.  On Princess cruises I see them making the dough and spinning it in the air;  so they are not using frozen crusts.  

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, Andrewgary said:

Grew up in same neighborhood as Tony Manero (Bensonhurst, Brooklyn) and Lenny's Pizzeria on 86th Street where he got the double slice was always my go to. I think they still have the poster from 1977 hanging on the wall.

I don't think any cruiseline can compete with NY pizza

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hey folks! 

This is Leandro one of the pizzaiolo's / pizza boyz of Celebrity Apex, surprised that I found this page in google aha. We are beyond grateful and appreciate your feedbacks! Please let us know what kind of pizza / calzone we can do for you next time you guys are in apex! Ciao!!  👍🍕

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, leangranflor said:

Hey folks! 

This is Leandro one of the pizzaiolo's / pizza boyz of Celebrity Apex, surprised that I found this page in google aha. We are beyond grateful and appreciate your feedbacks! Please let us know what kind of pizza / calzone we can do for you next time you guys are in apex! Ciao!!  👍🍕

Thanks for all the hard work on late nights! My wife was super happy with the gluten free requests being accommodated on the Dec 17 sailing 😁

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, leangranflor said:

Leandro,

Thanks for posting on.  We have eaten pizza in a lot of places.  Of course, in Italy is our favorite.

We will be on Apex for the January 7th and14th sailings.  We are looking forward to meeting and tasting your pizzas. 😋

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leangranflor said:

Hey folks! 

Hi Leandro…

I hope you are still on Apex when I sail in December.  I love Celebrity pizza 🍕.  
Susan 

Only have been on Millie, which probably has the worst pizza across X per the comments above. Not the best pizza you have ever had, but really really good and satisfying when you had 6 drinks in the past hour and half and need something salty and carby.

• Haha 1

Pizza is very good, this is an area where high quality ingredients are used.  They can make you anything you want if you're willing to wait.  Ask for a calzone but be sure to specify "with sauce" or "no sauce (and when ready ask for sauce on the side)" as different pizza makers may make them differently

Another tip, on a sea day the buffet opens at noon and the pizza line gets long as many are waiting for the pepperoni pizza.  Try to arrive 10-15mins early, get your pizza and a table.

3 hours ago, Texed said:

Leandro,

Thanks for posting on.  We have eaten pizza in a lot of places.  Of course, in Italy is our favorite.

We will be on Apex for the January 7th and14th sailings.  We are looking forward to meeting and tasting your pizzas. 😋

See you!! 

On 1/2/2023 at 3:30 PM, leangranflor said:

Hey folks! 

Hey Leandro @leangranflor, thanks for chiming in! We are on the Apex this weekend, on the 7th of January and one of us LOVES pizza. We'll definitely stop by to taste some of your hard work. 🙂 😋 PS - loved this simple and unexpectedly pleasurable thread to read on CC. 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So we are back!  💥💥

Was able to meet some of the folks from last cruise!! just wanna say thank you for dropping by. We are back in the same original position since the oven was calibrated during the busy - holiday cruise. 

Have a nice day yall.   

🫡🫡🫡

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 1:30 PM, leangranflor said:

Hey folks! 

Great post. Based on your post alone, we'll try a slice on our March Apex cruise. Disclaimer. We've never had a cruise line pizza. Now only if you could make a cannoli for dessert. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2023 at 3:17 AM, gkbiiii said:

Pizza: poor compared with Princess or MSC.

Celebrity's pizza is very good, and the oceanview cafe pizza is almost identical to the normal Princess pizza.  Princess does step it up a notch with the pizza In Alfredo's, their pizza restaurant. 

Edited by D C
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, D C said:

Celebrity's pizza is very good, and the oceanview cafe pizza is almost identical to the normal Princess pizza.  Princess does step it up a notch with the pizza In Alfredo's, their pizza restaurant. 

I would say it is extremely poor, worse than Royal, for a "modern luxury line."

22 hours ago, davekathy said:

Great post. Based on your post alone, we'll try a slice on our March Apex cruise. Disclaimer. We've never had a cruise line pizza. Now only if you could make a cannoli for dessert. 

A wide variety of dessert! We serve 3 types of cannoli during italian buffet in ocean view cafe. See ya on March!! 🌊

• Thanks 1