How's the Pizza on Apex?

AF-1

I am looking to cruise with Celebrity in the future.  I have only been on Royal Caribbean, NCL, and Princess.  I have tried the pizza on these lines so am curious about the Apex or Edge.  Thanks for your answers

As native New Yorkers we problematically find the pizza in the buffet irresistible. Thin enough to fold in half and walk with, and if completely in Saturday Night Fever mode, thin enough to double up and fold. 

Cheese only, please. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just had some great pizza a few hours ago.

Asked the server to heat up 4 slices to make em more toasty & extra crispy.  Done.  No problem.  Great service.

Earlier in the afternoon, we asked to make a special whole pizza with all the meats & onions.  Came back 15 minutes later.  Done.  Delicious...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Just had some great pizza a few hours ago.

Asked the server to heat up 4 slices to make em more toasty & extra crispy.  Done.  No problem.  Great service.

Earlier in the afternoon, we asked to make a special whole pizza with all the meats & onions.  Came back 15 minutes later.  Done.  Delicious...

wow,  this is great info.  Thanks for your feedback.  all the best to you

11 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

As native New Yorkers we problematically find the pizza in the buffet irresistible. Thin enough to fold in half and walk with, and if completely in Saturday Night Fever mode, thin enough to double up and fold. 

Cheese only, please. 

I grew up in Jersey;  so I know the fold.  Thanks for your feedback.  Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not the best pizza I've ever had but pretty good and often enjoy it.    They have a huge variety and last cruise they had a Blue Cheese and Bacon.    Really yum.

Thanks for your feedback,  cheers

17 hours ago, jj6961 said:

The pizza on Apex is very good. It’s all the way at the aft of the buffet area, they also make fresh calzones.    They will make you a custom pie in a to go pizza box if requested.  

I thank you for your feedback.  I love to eat a slice when cruising.  Cheers

17 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

Well, I have had it on the Edge before - not recently, but I can tell you it is pretty darn good.  I say I will not go on a cruise and eat pizza, and I wind up eating the pizza.  

I too don't book cruises to eat pizza;  however, I eat it on every cruise;  so now that I have been on several different lines;  I am doing a comparison between lines.  Since I have not yet sailed with Celebrity,  I wanted feedback.  My good friend only sails Celebrity and he's been bugging me for a year to sail with him.  So I will have to book a cruise on either Apex or Edge

We were on the Silhouette at the end of Nov and I couldn't stand their pizza. We were then on the Summit at the end of Dec and their pizza was quite good. So it definitely varies from ship to ship. Maybe even between sailings of the same ship depending on where they are able to source ingredients from.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, owensjro said:

We were on the Silhouette at the end of Nov and I couldn't stand their pizza. We were then on the Summit at the end of Dec and their pizza was quite good. So it definitely varies from ship to ship. Maybe even between sailings of the same ship depending on where they are able to source ingredients from.

I would agree that where the provisions are obtained;  would make a difference on the taste of food

While I certainly question the location of the pizza shop on Apex (all the way astern, behind walls, a good hallway walk from all the other buffet food stations), I do not question the quality of the product.

All my previous cruises were on Freedom- and Oasis-class ships, and the pizza at Sorrento's is passable at best. It's excusable, given the numbers they do. On Apex, the pizza is made from fresh, hand-pulled dough. And it's delicious. 

I will say it would be nice to have pizza available into the late night (like Sorrento's), because after some heavy drinking and sweating in the night club, it would have been great to have a slice and a beer to end the evening.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BEAV said:

Is pizza better on Apex than, say, Millennium? 

You know, because Apex is so much newer than Millie?

Not been on Apex, but the pizza on Equinox was much better than what they had on Millennium. 

The space and setup for it was better. 

On 1/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, RedneckBob said:

Was on Apex last month. Pizza was good. Like bbq pizza the best. Just location is wrong. Should not be in back of ship

The location is right where it should be for those of us who hang out on the rear decks 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 7:52 PM, sakigemcam said:

Cheese only, please. 

Grew up in same neighborhood as Tony Manero (Bensonhurst, Brooklyn) and Lenny's Pizzeria on 86th Street where he got the double slice was always my go to. I think they still have the poster from 1977 hanging on the wall.

1 hour ago, Andrewgary said:

Grew up in same neighborhood as Tony Manero (Bensonhurst, Brooklyn) and Lenny's Pizzeria on 86th Street where he got the double slice was always my go to. I think they still have the poster from 1977 hanging on the wall.

Growing up in Boston, and eating pizza in the North End, pizza on a cruise ship does NOT compute, IMHO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1