1/30/22 sailing - full refund or FCC?

megs193

I am supposed to be sailing on Allure of the seas on 1/30/22 so I have already made my final payment. My husband and I have decided that we don’t want to go for a few reason but the main ones being the change in mask policy and the fact that we won’t be allowed to stay in our suite to quarantine if necessary and will be moved to deck 2.  Will we be eligible for a refund and will a FCC be our only option?  If a FCC is the only option, how long will we have to use it? TIA!

Just now, megs193 said:

I am supposed to be sailing on Allure of the seas on 1/30/22 so I have already made my final payment. My husband and I have decided that we don’t want to go for a few reason but the main ones being the change in mask policy and the fact that we won’t be allowed to stay in our suite to quarantine if necessary and will be moved to deck 2.  Will we be eligible for a refund and will a FCC be our only option?  If a FCC is the only option, how long will we have to use it? TIA!

Full refund. Call them

I just wanted to update in case anyone else had the same question. We booked through Costco travel.  I called them and was on hold for a little over an hour.  I told them I was canceling due to the new policies and they gave me zero issues. They put me on hold for 10 minutes to call Royal and came back and told me I was getting a full refund to my credit card. This included a non-refundable deposit that I assumed would be given as a future cruise credit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, megs193 said:

I just wanted to update in case anyone else had the same question. We booked through Costco travel.  I called them and was on hold for a little over an hour.  I told them I was canceling due to the new policies and they gave me zero issues. They put me on hold for 10 minutes to call Royal and came back and told me I was getting a full refund to my credit card. This included a non-refundable deposit that I assumed would be given as a future cruise credit. 

Thank you for the update glad it worked out for you!

2 hours ago, megs193 said:

Did you have to specify which policies you had a problem with?

When I called to cancel my 1/29 Symphony cruise- for a refund they had to leave the cruise active until I get the refund back on my credit card which would be after the cruise.

Is that normal or was the agent wrong.

I was afraid to cancel since she said they can’t issue any proof it was cancelled.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Letting her know that what she was reading here on the Royal Boards would not necessarily apply apply to Celevrity.

I see you you haven't changed any.  

Guess I'm different, if I know nothing about the question I just don't post on the thread.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I answered the OP question about Allure of the Seas, canceling that cruise. Never answered anything about Celebrity cruise unlike what you did.

And yet instead of just passing by my post you felt inclined to leave a snarky comment just like you do with so many posts that dont meet your standards.  

Yet you had no problems in asking me for advice which I gladly gave when you were having issues either your L&S and wanted policy information.

SMH. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And yet instead of just passing by my post you felt inclined to leave a snarky comment just like you do with so many posts that dont meet your standards.  

Yet you had no problems in asking me for advice which I gladly gave when you were having issues either your L&S and wanted policy information.

SMH. 

Just  I guess I'm used to  your posts   always being informative because you comment on things you know because you are in the business and know all the policies.

Just was really surprising to me to hear you post on something I guess you didn't know about. Just didn't aspect an answer like that from you.

Sorry

57 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Letting her know that what she was reading here on the Royal Boards would not necessarily apply apply to Celevrity.

And Ken, the rest of us on Cruise Critic really appreciate your knowledge, insight, and the time you spend trying to answer questions and share your experience.  Your helpful contributions are the kind of posts cruisers look for on Cruise Critic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

They had to leave the cruise active until I get the refund back on my credit card which would be after the cruise.

They don’t have control over what shows in the planner - RCI IT does and when/how a cancelled sailing disappears is a crap shoot. 

3 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

When I called to cancel my 1/29 Symphony cruise- for a refund they had to leave the cruise active until I get the refund back on my credit card which would be after the cruise.

Is that normal or was the agent wrong.

I was afraid to cancel since she said they can’t issue any proof it was cancelled.

When I cancelled my Jan 16 Harmony cruise, I was told the reservation would remain on the website until "the back end" worked the cancellation.  The rep was issuing something to them that I was cancelling and wanted a full refund. 

The reservation was on the website for 3 days and then it disappeared, so I am guessing it is being processed.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, megs193 said:

Thank you we are on the 1/22 cruise on Allure.  My son has covid but it said we would have to show a positive test within 14 days of sailing for a refund.  I assumed we would just get a FCC.  Thank you for this information.