**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

7 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Those are presumably the "have you been exposed" type questions, right?  

Wouldn't they wonder why I'd be booking a test 13 days out, when I'm indicating (technically falsely) that I've been exposed recently or something similar?   

I'm afraid that if I wait to book a test closer to our embark date, all the slots will then be full, since they seem to go really fast.  

I just went back and checked. It turns out I misread the 2nd question but I would still answer "Yes" to the first prior to a cruise:

Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?

15 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Those are presumably the "have you been exposed" type questions, right?  

Wouldn't they wonder why I'd be booking a test 13 days out, when I'm indicating (technically falsely) that I've been exposed recently or something similar?   

I'm afraid that if I wait to book a test closer to our embark date, all the slots will then be full, since they seem to go really fast.  

If you leave your home to go to the grocery store or any other place with people then the response of yes would be accurate and truthful. The only way replying yes to the first two questions would be false or dishonest is if you never leave your home. 

For those who had covid recently, how long did it take for you to test negative afterwards with a rapid ( not PCR) test..I know this is going to vary....just trying to get an estimated time frame from anyone who actually experienced this...our cruise is being rebooked due to positive result and I'm trying to get an idea how soon we can reschedule. 

What is done at the "pre cruise screening"? Or is that just your basic stuff at the terminal desk with just a fancy name? Is there a database that they look you up to ensure you really are negative for COVID or do they just review your negative results from wherever you get it done? Thanks.

I apologize for asking a question that’s probably been asked a thousand times. What do we have to submit to prove our vaccination status?  Do we send our card or bring it to check in?  Do they check our states medical data base? 

Thanks!

20 hours ago, lindya said:

For those who had covid recently, how long did it take for you to test negative afterwards with a rapid ( not PCR) test..I know this is going to vary....just trying to get an estimated time frame from anyone who actually experienced this...our cruise is being rebooked due to positive result and I'm trying to get an idea how soon we can reschedule. 

I just had Covid diagnosed on 1/13.  I tested positive all the way through 1/21/22. I finally got my negative test the following Monday, 1/24/22.  My co-worker who was sick (that I caught this from) got her negative result about 1/18  She clearly had Covid before me, but still I was frustrated that I had to keep away from my husband for that full 10+ days.  I made my husband test on 1/21/22. He was negative.  Hoping he's still negative because our cruise is this Saturday!

Can anyone tell me how to use this silly Emed and the Navica app?  I tried downloading the app. It asked me if I was ready to test.  That didn't seem right, so I stopped the download.  I'm sure this is in the thread somewhere also!  I have so much to do, I don't have time to hunt. Appreciate any tips. Do I need an appointment with Emed??  It's certainly not clear on their website.

7 minutes ago, Motorcycle Gma said:

I just had Covid diagnosed on 1/13.  I tested positive all the way through 1/21/22. I finally got my negative test the following Monday, 1/24/22.  My co-worker who was sick (that I caught this from) got her negative result about 1/18  She clearly had Covid before me, but still I was frustrated that I had to keep away from my husband for that full 10+ days.  I made my husband test on 1/21/22. He was negative.  Hoping he's still negative because our cruise is this Saturday!

Can anyone tell me how to use this silly Emed and the Navica app?  I tried downloading the app. It asked me if I was ready to test.  That didn't seem right, so I stopped the download.  I'm sure this is in the thread somewhere also!  I have so much to do, I don't have time to hunt. Appreciate any tips. Do I need an appointment with Emed??  It's certainly not clear on their website.

I found the answer, thanks to whomever posted this....  

We used the same tests for a Princess cruise last December, we both passed!  When you get the kits, download their app, very easy.  Tests were easy, logged on and we had a person monitor the test.  They exit the screen but leave a timer on, at 15 minutes someone else came on and asked us what the results were, I dont think they could actually see them.  Once they accept your response they submit your results in your app. also send you and email.  Very smooth process for both of us.  When were went to the terminal we just showed the app. with results......very easy, good luck!!!!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Motorcycle Gma said:

I downloaded the Navica app and don't tap the ready to test. .you sign in to emed.com when you are ready and have the test in front of you and your phone set up.(we used our cell phone). The navica app is to obtain the results 

My friend had to pay 100 dollars for a new test at port. She was lucky it was available. Two days means two days, sail on saturday get tested thursday or friday. No exceptions. 

Edited by geckoaz
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

My friend had to pay 100 dollars for a new test at port. She was lucky it was available. Two days means two days, sail on saturday get tested thursday or friday. No exceptions. 

Or Saturday...🙂

Edited by day-day
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Does anybody know if the Medically Proctored e-Med Binax tests can be done overseas in preparation for flying home to the U.S.?

Depending on the airline, yes.  When we were flying home from the Dominican Republic they were an option for American Airlines.  That was last summer and more airlines are now accepting them.

3 hours ago, scoutfinch72 said:

Depending on the airline, yes.  When we were flying home from the Dominican Republic they were an option for American Airlines.  That was last summer and more airlines are now accepting them.

Thank you for the reply.  I wasn't so much concerned about whether or not the airline will accept the tests, rather can you actually do the e-med test from outside the U.S. is my question.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:21 AM, KattyPoo said:

My sister and I both have appointments at Walgreens to get the Rapid Diagnostic Test (IDNOW) for our upcoming cruise.  Will this test work or should we reschedule for the PCR or antigen test?

That one should work

On 1/30/2022 at 8:39 PM, lindya said:

I retested positive at 10 days and negative in 17 days with an at home test

• Thanks 1

I am glad that I ordered more tests than needed. I ordered 2 from Inspire and they were hand delivered by my USPO. I order 2 from Optum which were delivered by Fedx. Fedx left package on the ground by my door and they were wet and dogs destroyed them. Now I do not have backups but at least I still have 2. Fedx does not care and said file a claim. I now have to pray that the 2 test I have are not damaged. None of our clinics around here have the Rapid tests.  Testing Friday to leave Sunday. (HOPEFULLY) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slavigne5577 said:

I am glad that I ordered more tests than needed. I ordered 2 from Inspire and they were hand delivered by my USPO. I order 2 from Optum which were delivered by Fedx. Fedx left package on the ground by my door and they were wet and dogs destroyed them. Now I do not have backups but at least I still have 2. Fedx does not care and said file a claim. I now have to pray that the 2 test I have are not damaged. None of our clinics around here have the Rapid tests.  Testing Friday to leave Sunday. (HOPEFULLY) 

Hope all turns out well for you...everything is so frustrating right now..

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 7:20 PM, lindya said:

I downloaded the Navica app and don't tap the ready to test. .you sign in to emed.com when you are ready and have the test in front of you and your phone set up.(we used our cell phone). The navica app is to obtain the results 

So I got my Binax in the mail but have no instructions on what to do other than download the app.  It also says that I am not supposed to open the box so if there are any instructions inside then they are not helping.  🙂

Based on your post it looks like when it is test time we simply go to emed.com.  Is that correct?  Do we not have to set an appointment time in advance?

Any help is appreciated.

20 minutes ago, eppler said:

So I got my Binax in the mail but have no instructions on what to do other than download the app.  It also says that I am not supposed to open the box so if there are any instructions inside then they are not helping.  🙂

Based on your post it looks like when it is test time we simply go to emed.com.  Is that correct?  Do we not have to set an appointment time in advance?

Any help is appreciated.

I have not done the test yet but, have watched several YouTubers do it.  Yes, you will go to the site & hit "Start Test".......it will guide you through.  Do Not Open the box until they tell you to.  Also, make sure you have a space to lay the test card on where it won't be disturbed for 15 min.  

Go watch some on youtube do the test.  It was so helpful to me.  I've watched someone do it at home, in their hotel room & even at the airport....LOL

I was nervous about doing it myself but, not now, I think this will be pretty simple.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yes..on all that..log into emed.com when everything is set up..Definitely watch a YouTube video ..just search Binax proctored test...that helped alot..no instructions in the box you DO NOT open till they tell you..all the instructions are given during the call and no appt needed..they are there 24/7

• Like 4

13 hours ago, eppler said:

Any help is appreciated.

This is a 20 minute video which will show the whole Binax test being done by a person preparing to take a cruise.  It is very good at showing you what to do (and at one point, what not to do  😄)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1