**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

10 minutes ago, Ireallyneedavacation said:

Can those of you with proctored tests give me the shelf life? We have a cruise in April and another in July. I am weighing if buying the 6 from Emed would be more cost effective…..that is if testing is still required.

The proctored tests I bought in January expire in November.

Has anybody successfully used the iHealth Verified COVID Test Service for their Carnival pre-cruise testing?  The proctored service is $20 and can be used in conjunction with the free iHealth COVID tests that I received recently from the government:  https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service. I've searched the forums and found only one person saying just today they were successful with it, but it was for a Norwegian cruise.  Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Wouldn't that be up to your health insurance provider and not CVS? Since when were tests for travel at CVS free before ? 

That was my thought too. When we did tests for our last two cruises I had to give them all my insurance info and upload pics of our insurance cards when I signed up for the tests. 

40 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I would order a 6-pack from emed.com

We had 4 people in our group, so I ordered the 6 pack. I'm glad I did because one test kit was missing a swab! You have no idea of the integrity of your kit until you open it in front of the proctor. A kit with a missing component is like throwing $25 in the trash. They are easy to use, but they seriously need to package them in a clear container so you know what's in (or not in) the box.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PhotoMike said:

We had 4 people in our group, so I ordered the 6 pack. I'm glad I did because one test kit was missing a swab! You have no idea of the integrity of your kit until you open it in front of the proctor. A kit with a missing component is like throwing $25 in the trash. They are easy to use, but they seriously need to package them in a clear container so you know what's in (or not in) the box.

Out of the two we opened, one was correctly packaged, the other had both an extra liquid and an extra testing pad. If they had thrown a second swab in there, we would have a spare (but not proctored) test! I guess they're spitting so many out of the production line that exacting packing is obviously lacking.

Tom

21 hours ago, pkster said:

Has anybody successfully used the iHealth Verified COVID Test Service for their Carnival pre-cruise testing?  The proctored service is $20 and can be used in conjunction with the free iHealth COVID tests that I received recently from the government:  https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service. I've searched the forums and found only one person saying just today they were successful with it, but it was for a Norwegian cruise.  Thanks in advance.

This is what I plan to do on Wednesday, I am hoping it works and is accepted! I'll report back. 

3 hours ago, dogtaur said:

This is what I plan to do on Wednesday, I am hoping it works and is accepted! I'll report back. 

Great, I look forward to reading your report.  Thanks!

Edited by pkster

On 3/28/2022 at 7:09 PM, pkster said:

Great, I look forward to reading your report.  Thanks!

20 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

yes,please post back.

TLDR: iHealth proctored test worked fine and was accepted by Verifly

I just had my daughter (11-years old) do the proctored iHealth rapid antigen self-test, the orange box ones we got from the government. Since I already had the unopened test, I only had to buy the testing service. It is $24.99. I selected an online appointment time. They send you a link to click on to start the meeting. They verified my daughter's photo ID with her passport. They tell you exactly what to do. Then the camera has to stay aimed at the test for 15 minutes. When the timer is up, they instruct you to hold the test up to the camera. They confirm the results (negative) and immediately send an email. They confirm that you got the email before they disconnect. I uploaded the results to Verifly, they were accepted! My daughter is "ready to sail" according to Verifly. 

Here's the link to the service: https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

Edited by dogtaur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

41 minutes ago, dogtaur said:

TLDR: iHealth proctored test worked fine and was accepted by Verifly

I just had my daughter (11-years old) do the proctored iHealth rapid antigen self-test, the orange box ones we got from the government. Since I already had the unopened test, I only had to buy the testing service. It is $24.99. I selected an online appointment time. They send you a link to click on to start the meeting. They verified my daughter's photo ID with her passport. They tell you exactly what to do. Then the camera has to stay aimed at the test for 15 minutes. When the timer is up, they instruct you to hold the test up to the camera. They confirm the results (negative) and immediately send an email. They confirm that you got the email before they disconnect. I uploaded the results to Verifly, they were accepted! My daughter is "ready to sail" according to Verifly. 

Here's the link to the service: https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

Very useful information! Thanks for sharing! 👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, figgarro said:

I would guess that this would work as well for the flowflex tests.  That is the brand that I got from the Gov't.  They offer a Video Proctor for $20.

https://www.azova.com/flowflexvideo/

About how long did it take for Verifly to approve the test results? 

Verifly approved the test result in just a couple of minutes. 🙂 

Just off Carnival Legend Sunday, had a great time but used masks in public areas and avoided crowds as much as possible.  It was our first cruise since the pandemic, and for me it was like hitting the RESET button on living life again!  

Thank you to all for the very useful help and information on this thread.  

VeriFLY was accepted at Baltimore.  We were able to upload all our data to it and that was all they needed to see at the terminal, then of course security screening, boarding passes and passport checks. 

We used CVS for rapid antigen tests 2 days prior to boarding though we are fully vaccinated and boosted so we could have done it a day earlier than that.  There was no cost to us.  We had results by text with a PDF file attached in about an hour. 

Thank you all!   m--

5 hours ago, figgarro said:

I would guess that this would work as well for the flowflex tests.  That is the brand that I got from the Gov't.  They offer a Video Proctor for $20.

https://www.azova.com/flowflexvideo/

About how long did it take for Verifly to approve the test results? 

Will Azova or iHealthLabs provide online proctored service for non-Azova, iHealth or Gov't tests?  Someone traveling in our group has access to the BinaxNOW tests through his gig in the public service works.  Just not sure how to arrange the online proctored test part.  

2 hours ago, MickCruiser said:

Will Azova or iHealthLabs provide online proctored service for non-Azova, iHealth or Gov't tests?  Someone traveling in our group has access to the BinaxNOW tests through his gig in the public service works.  Just not sure how to arrange the online proctored test part.  

From the iHealth Verified COVID Test Service for Travel FAQs:

• Only the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (“iHealth test”) is eligible for the iHealth Verified COVID Test Service (“service”) with an iHealth proctor on our online platform. Feel free to use an unused iHealth test you already have, or purchase yours today here.

I've got to imagine it would be the same for the any other proctoring service provider as well, as there'd be no way for them to verify the legitimacy of another company's product.

9 hours ago, MickCruiser said:

Azova proctors multiple brands, but unfortunately I haven't found any site that proctors the BinaxNOW OTC tests.

50 minutes ago, 5xGrandma said:

I heard on the radio this morning that the CDC removed all requirements for travel on cruise lines. They are leaving up to the cruise lines to do what they want.

That happened weeks ago. Regardless, all Carnival ships continue to abide by the CDC's rules.