Celebrity in Port Canaveral?????

Reijo

Does anyone know why Celebrity doesn't cruise out of Port Canaveral?  That is our favorite cruiseport and closer to home.  Tampa has a Celebrity ship but it's an older, smaller one.....which is okay BUT....why not cruise out of Port Canaveral?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reijo said:

Does anyone know why Celebrity doesn't cruise out of Port Canaveral?  That is our favorite cruiseport and closer to home.  Tampa has a Celebrity ship but it's an older, smaller one.....which is okay BUT....why not cruise out of Port Canaveral?

?????, LOL, we get it you have a question

• Haha 1

I think with Disney, Carnival, and Royal having a lot of docks, there just was not that much room.

NCL doesn't go out of Cape C but the Gem from NYC stops by for a visit.

I mean Hal and Princess usually go out of Miami and F Lauderdale as well.

Might have to do with combining cruises with theme parks and which cruise lines have more kids.

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think with Disney, Carnival, and Royal having a lot of docks, there just was not that much room.

NCL doesn't go out of Cape C but the Gem from NYC stops by for a visit.

I mean Hal and Princess usually go out of Miami and F Lauderdale as well.

Might have to do with combining cruises with theme parks and which cruise lines have more kids.

Yes, NCL does sail from Port Canaveral and has for several years.

9 minutes ago, esther e said:

Yes, NCL does sail from Port Canaveral and has for several years.

oh sorry I did not realize about NCL but I now see that the Escape was moved up to Port Canaveral

I guess P Canaveral is used when the others are full.  Escape use to go out of Miami and now I read that the new Prima will also.

But for the most part, HAL and Princess do not do Port C

3 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

How many Celebrity ports do you think there should be in Florida?

How about one in Jacksonville, too?

Royal Caribbean sails out of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and Tampa. Carnival the same but I believe they sail out of Jacksoville also.

Edited by MISTER 67

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh sorry I did not realize about NCL but I now see that the Escape was moved up to Port Canaveral

I guess P Canaveral is used when the others are full.  Escape use to go out of Miami and now I read that the new Prima will also.

But for the most part, HAL and Princess do not do Port C

Unfortunately  I would love to see these 3 sail from there.

• 2 years later...

UPDATE Fyi... princess & celebrity  will be here in port Canaveral  end of 2024!   The new parking garage will hopefully  be open as well..

Carribbean  princess & shilouett will be the main ships but occasionally  a new one is supposed  to come..

• Like 1

From MSN:  

A Celebrity Cruises ship will begin sailing out of Port Canaveral late next year, as Celebrity will become the seventh cruise brand at the port.

The Celebrity Equinox will begin Caribbean sailings from Port Canaveral on Dec. 3, 2024, the cruise line announced Tuesday. It said it will have 20 cruises from Port Canaveral, running through April 19, 2025.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:45 AM, Livin Life said:

Apex is coming to Port Canaveral in October 2025

glad we are booked on APEX in Jan 2025 out of Pt Ev..  Long drive either way but for us it is an easier trip to Pt Ev from mid west coast fl

59 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

What I cannot believe is that for summer 2025 there are no Celebrity cruises out of Fort Lauderdale or Port Canaveral only out of Miami and that is the Beyond. Why???? 

Reflection will do short Caribbean cruises for summer of 2025 but they will not be announced until late March. Unsure what the port will be. Those itineraries are going on sale 2 months later than originally planned so something happened that caused a delay. Port Everglades is always light in the summer and they seem to have a lot of construction and projects going on around that time. Beyond homeports in Miami from May 2025 to at least April 2026. 

Royal Caribbean Group's terminal G at Port Miami will be rebuilt and completed in ~2027. As part of that plan Royal Caribbean Group agreed to double passenger volume so it's fairly likely you see more Celebrity ships in Miami in the future. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212