Just entered isolation/quarantine on Constellation

Quarantined

On 1/6/2022 at 2:10 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Thank you for posting and I hope you get better soon and your wife stays testing negative.

I found it very distressing that they expect you to quarantine for the entire rest of the cruise.  What happened to the promise that if you catch Covid they will arrange for private transportation home?!?!  Did you ask them about that?  Besides being triple vaxxed and therefore believing I would not get deathly ill if in fact I did catch Covid, that was one of my key consolations - to think if I did get sick I would not be stuck in a cabin for days on end but could get flown home.  It seems like that promise went down the tubes.

ps

Thank you for being considerate and getting tested right away instead of taking a chance and potentially infecting many others!

The problem with leaving ship in a country outside US is that you will not be able to get on a plane with + covid. You would also be subject to the isolation rules of that country and be stuck in a sub-par covid hotel till the get good and ready to release you. look int it.

1 hour ago, ToGoAroundTheWorld said:

The problem with leaving ship in a country outside US is that you will not be able to get on a plane with + covid. You would also be subject to the isolation rules of that country and be stuck in a sub-par covid hotel till the get good and ready to release you. look int it.

But at the time,  Celebrity was promising free private transportation home so flying commercial did not apply.  And you would be going directly to that transport, so would not be stuck quarantining in any port. That was then.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

But at the time,  Celebrity was promising free private transportation home so flying commercial did not apply.  And you would be going directly to that transport, so would not be stuck quarantining in any port. That was then.  

Are any future cruisers concerned that these promises made when we booked are no longer being fulfilled?

13 minutes ago, chamima said:

Are any future cruisers concerned that these promises made when we booked are no longer being fulfilled?

Absolutely.  The cruise lines started abandoning their promises when Covid surged during the holiday cruises.

I think that’s horrible … they wrote their own promises to make people feel comfortable enough to cruise during the pandemic.  They seemed to follow through until there were too many cases.

I think any changes to their Covid promises should only apply to new bookings. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

So they aren’t now BUT have stated those booked can get a full refund. Have you cancelled yet?

2 hours ago, chamima said:

Their actual policy says "if needed" in regard to private transportation home. I'm not sure if that was always on there but it has been at least since last summer and well prior to any final payment dates.

59 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Their actual policy says "if needed" in regard to private transportation home. I'm not sure if that was always on there but it has been at least since last summer and well prior to any final payment dates.

It also didn't state WHEN they would send you home...immediately versus endo of quarantine, end of cruise, etc....

5 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

So they aren’t now BUT have stated those booked can get a full refund. Have you cancelled yet?

No full refund. Not sure where you found that idea. 100% future cruise credit.  That's very different.  A full refund if you can't cruise due to testing positive, but not if you utilize their 48 hour prior to sailing  guarantee. And for the record,  I did not cancel and probably won't, if it's anyone's business which it isn't.  I just am of the mind that promises should be kept and in this instance I believe Celebrity is not keeping their published, at the time official,  promises.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chucknmarilyn said:

I don’t have the exact date that the policy changed. I can tell you it was was included without the “medically necessary” caveat on 8/23 when we booked our Edge cruise in October. In fact it was one of the main reasons we felt comfortable booking the cruise along with the posts describing the low number of passengers and great service from the staff onboard. 

Prior to booking our October cruise I read several posts detailing the occasional need to transport guests from the ship to their homes via private plane. 

• Like 2