Sailings cancelled

jdg623

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm sure you'll be fine. Not sure why Jewel didn't get the free FCC

Not sure you'll get those dbl points, though.

I was scheduled for the Jewel on the 9th. I am getting a full refund plus FCC

• Like 3

1 hour ago, megr1125 said:
Dear valued Travel Partners,

As partners, we are committed to bringing you the latest news and updates as soon as we receive them.

As a result of the ongoing COVID-related circumstances around the world, and in abundance of caution, Royal Caribbean International is pausing operations for the following ships:
  • Vision of the Seas’ return to cruising is postponed until March 7, 2022
  • Serenade of the Seas sailings from January 8 – March 5, returning after dry dock on April 26, 2022
  • Jewel of the Seas sailings from January 9 – February 12, returning on February 20, 2022
  • Symphony of the Seas sailings from January 8 – January 22, returning on January 29, 2022
We regret having to cancel your clients’ long-awaited vacations and appreciate their loyalty and understanding. Our top priority is always the well-being of our guests, our crew and the communities we visit. Despite stringent health and safety measures, including vaccination and testing requirements for guests and crew, and extensive contingency planning, we have had to move forward with this decision.

Our teams will continue to consider every option and resource to keep cruising safe and enjoyable as the world and the cruise industry continue to adapt.

Guests affected by these cancelations will be notified shortly and presented the below compensation options to consider, provided they did not already cancel under our Cruise with Confidence policy.

**For Serenade & Symphony of the Seas departing January 8, 2022, and Jewel of the Seas departing January 9, 2022:
  • Booked guests will receive a 100% refund of all funds paid, which will be returned to the original form of payment. Additionally, a 100% Future Cruise Credit will be issued in hopes of welcoming your clients onboard with us in the future.
ALL OTHER IMPACTED SAILINGS: 

grid
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate the current environment. Stay healthy and safe!

That's generous if I read it correctly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well that truely sucks.  Figures that's what happens too. :classic_sad:

With the shortage of tests, they should be worth double on the open market.  You can save them for a later sailing but that certainly wasn't your thought when you bought them. 

Well I don't think we can say we didn't see this coming. A pause of some of these ships was needed, 

• Like 3

I wish they would have extended use of FCC into next year. We are pretty solidly travel booked this year, it's going to be a challenge to fit that free cruise in - but rest assured, I'm up for it 😅

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Rightly so. Many of those people are probably already in transit to the port area or very soon to be. 

This was really the only way to make things right. So many people were already en route to Miami or already there. We were just two hours from getting on a plane. Since we paid for a full suite, the 100% FCC + refund will make us whole and more financially. So a good bet we will sail RC again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MillyBean said:

Oh no!!  That stinks.  I hope they don't cancel any more.. We are on Allure in 16 Jan.  

On same sailing -- we dodged a bullet (so far).  Feel bad for those on the cancelled sailings. 

Will need to keep a close eye for anymore cancellations.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

OB, so you are still going?  

My head is spinning. I am rarely this indecisive about anything. I have a really good price on both the cruise and flights, really like my cabin location, and I need some warmth after digging out the house, my parent's house, and the office from this snow today. But the right and left side of my brain are having a battle.😐

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Lost 2 on Jewel, the 9th and 15th. Wish they could have done this a bit earlier in the am, before I took the COVID eMed test.

I had a steal of deal on solo balconies too. Will never see that again.

Hope Oasis on the 23rd is still a go, that was a L&S from Empress 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My head is spinning. I am rarely this indecisive about anything. I have a really good price on both the cruise and flights, really like my cabin location, and I need some warmth after digging out the house, my parent's house, and the office from this snow today. But the right and left side of my brain are having a battle.😐

I was in the same position. In the end Royal made the decision for us.

• Like 2