UK - proof of vaccination

CruiseCrew123

23 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Have up loaded my NHS covid pass for proof of vaccination but Celebrity have said they can’t validate it . What have others used ? 

I took a photo front and back of the UK vaccination card.For a few days the status said 'validating in progress " then eventually it went to green. 

2 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

That’s weird as in the UK that’s not a recognised proof . Not all the family were even given them 

Celebrity ask for original vaccination certificates so we will take these as well as  our NHS covid pass which we have used for European travel. I believe that your GP can issue a certificate with the dates/batch numbers of the vaccines.

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Have up loaded my NHS covid pass for proof of vaccination but Celebrity have said they can’t validate it . What have others used ? 

When we cruised in November we used our NHS covid pass successfully. We did this via the app. You need to make sure all your detail can be seen, so maybe that's the problem? We did a landscape and portrait shot, I think, to make sure all details were captured.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HazeyT said:

When we cruised in November we used our NHS covid pass successfully. We did this via the app. You need to make sure all your detail can be seen, so maybe that's the problem? We did a landscape and portrait shot, I think, to make sure all details were captured.

I wonder if we are just trying to be too organised as pass is only valid till 7 feb 😕

5 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I wonder if we are just trying to be too organised as pass is only valid till 7 feb 😕

That could be it! We sail again on 21st Feb so not doing our vaccination status yet.

Edited by HazeyT
Error

7 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Ring 119 and request a paper copy of your vaccine record.

I found in Southampton in the summer the staff found this easier than you fiddling about trying to find them on the App.

Back in the Summer for the Southampton cruises it wasn't possible to put details of vaccination status in the Celebrity App. The Celebrity App has been updated since then so you can now do this. Nevertheless, I agree it's a good idea to take a paper copy of you vaccination certificate or pass (we took paper copies of both)

I encountered the same issue this week. I contacted X and was told that there’s a known issue with the app identifying UK vaccination docs at the minute and was assured as long as I presented an NHS doc at the port I’d be fine. 

That said, I’ll still be giving it another go closer to the time!

9 hours ago, HazeyT said:

That could be it! We sail again on 21st Feb so not doing our vaccination status yet.

Had exactly the same problem . Sailing 21st Feb too. Also asking for most recent vaccine date so does that mean dose 2 or booster ? - I didn't get a card for my booster.

Can I ask what everyone from the UK is doing about testing ? 

Flying morning of 19th - boarding lunchtime 21st so more than 48 hrs.

I had an email & they have taken away the option of a £99 at port test. The options are paying  someone to come to you - hotel etc but says up to 3 days for results. Or ordering a video test - but you have to have it shipped to a US address. I have family in Florida who say at the moment it is nearly impossible to get a test. 

So am I right in thinking that if I get a lateral flow test in England on the 12th February as a fit to fly test before flying to USA on the 13th, I can use the same test results for boarding ship on the 14th?  

17 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I would escalate if I were you.   I believer you are being given incorrect information -  escalate to a Manager or Supervisor.

Celebrity FAQ

image.thumb.png.b96738e80ec70cc9ccac34164321921e.png

RCL is more explicit and Celebrity should also abide by the same guidelines.

image.thumb.png.13c99fc06b9a78e09edfaf94ee23d3b0.png

11 hours ago, anniedave said:

Can I ask what everyone from the UK is doing about testing ? 

Flying morning of 19th - boarding lunchtime 21st so more than 48 hrs.

I had an email & they have taken away the option of a £99 at port test. The options are paying  someone to come to you - hotel etc but says up to 3 days for results. Or ordering a video test - but you have to have it shipped to a US address. I have family in Florida who say at the moment it is nearly impossible to get a test. 

Received email yesterday and they are still offering $99 at port for us on 22/1.

We will use drive through Walgreens.
Back up is our hotel offers tests( free but PCR only so could take too long for the results to come back); and we are also taking some tests with us where you upload the results ( Chronomics £18.04pp) and they send you the certificate.  That’s 4 options… sure one will work! 🤞

6 minutes ago, anniedave said:

I uploaded our government electronic  covid passes yesterday- says still validating so just waiting to see if they are accepted 

Just get and take the printed version works great and no problem if WiFi is down or your tablet runs out of power. Check in staff also prefer the printed version.

• Like 1

From a previous thread I found out that Project Screen supervised antigen tests would be accepted. About £32. I did a trial using one for a trip to France last month. Whilst the supervised aspect was not required it was easy using an App on my iPhone and had a brief video call with someone in the Philippines. Delivered next day by DPD

I cannot imagine the PDF version of the vaccination would not be accepted. All the details of the shots are there. 

Hopefully Celebrity will realise that not only US citizens go on their cruises and they have to administrate themselves accordingly.