UK - proof of vaccination

CruiseCrew123

31 minutes ago, little britain said:

Received email yesterday and they are still offering $99 at port for us on 22/1.

We will use drive through Walgreens.
Back up is our hotel offers tests( free but PCR only so could take too long for the results to come back); and we are also taking some tests with us where you upload the results ( Chronomics £18.04pp) and they send you the certificate.  That’s 4 options… sure one will work! 🤞

Great thankyou  - I will double check if we can get a port test . And will check out the chronomics too. I have family who live near Port Everglades who said at the moment it's crazy and places like Walgreens have no availability for testing...but guess it changes day to day 

1 minute ago, anniedave said:

Great thankyou  - I will double check if we can get a port test . And will check out the chronomics too. I have family who live near Port Everglades who said at the moment it's crazy and places like Walgreens have no availability for testing...but guess it changes day to day 

Walgreens opens up appointments 7 days out. CVS is 14 days but you can’t access CVS site from England to book but perhaps your rellies could book for you? 

22 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

proof.jpg

Beware that above "global" information although linked to the UK site is aimed at US cruisers where there is no universal vaccine certification, as in the following FAQ shown above that refers to the CDC.

On our last Silhouette Sept/Oct cruise if you did not have NHS certification at Southampton in the form of App or printed, you were refused boarding.

All country / port cruise specific instructions are sent out before boarding.

Edited by Stevio

9 hours ago, SuseyQ said:

So am I right in thinking that if I get a lateral flow test in England on the 12th February as a fit to fly test before flying to USA on the 13th, I can use the same test results for boarding ship on the 14th?  

Yes, this is what we did for our November cruise.

14 hours ago, anniedave said:

Can I ask what everyone from the UK is doing about testing ? 

Flying morning of 19th - boarding lunchtime 21st so more than 48 hrs.

I had an email & they have taken away the option of a £99 at port test. The options are paying  someone to come to you - hotel etc but says up to 3 days for results. Or ordering a video test - but you have to have it shipped to a US address. I have family in Florida who say at the moment it is nearly impossible to get a test. 

We are on the same schedule as you; fly 19th and board on 21st. We are currently thinking of testing the morning of 19th before we fly which should be ok because the current rules are the test must be two days (rather than 48 hours) before the cruise. So if the cruise leaves on 21st, a test on the 19th is fine regardless of the time of the test. We followed the same schedule for our November cruise and no problems.

1 hour ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Our flight is at 9.40 am  on 19th Express test have appointments at 6am at terminal 5 for fit to fly . Which I think will then cover us for both the flight and cruise departing on 21st ? Anyone done this ?

We are on the same flight and will probably do this. We used express test in November and result tooks less than an hour.

I have found that Collinson do pre-departure testing too at Heathrow although at a Centre outside the airport. I used Collinson for a day 2 PCR at Luton and they were pretty good.

https://collinsonselftest.com/products/london-heathrow-airport-park-and-test

What expresstest 'test' are people using. Was not too obvious as does not seem to be at Terminal 5 (we are flying BA).

A Sticky for pre-departure tests for UK resident would be great. 

Receied an email from Cruise Critic today about UK cruisers but it was out of date, thus useless.

8 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I have found that Collinson do pre-departure testing too at Heathrow although at a Centre outside the airport. I used Collinson for a day 2 PCR at Luton and they were pretty good.

https://collinsonselftest.com/products/london-heathrow-airport-park-and-test

What expresstest 'test' are people using. Was not too obvious as does not seem to be at Terminal 5 (we are flying BA).

A Sticky for pre-departure tests for UK resident would be great. 

Receied an email from Cruise Critic today about UK cruisers but it was out of date, thus useless.

Express Test at T5 - Lateral Flow Antigen Fit to Fly Test (We used this back in November for our Celebrity cruise out of Miami). 

Edited by HazeyT

The Collinson site does not take bookings until 7am. We fly at 9.40am thus would not suit my anxious constitution. May help some. We fly on the 5th March for a 7th March cruise. In retrospect three nights of one night would have been preferable. Would cancel and rebook but our Business Class flight booked at height of Covid is now twice the price.

We are staying at the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Apparently a great hotel and they are providing free testing although PCR! Apparently 24-48 returns according to site. Would be fine for folk in FL for three nights or as a back up. Hope they change it to LFT antigens.

https://www.riversidehotel.com/health-safety

https://book.curative.com/sites/34010?date=2022-01-11

7 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

From a previous thread I found out that Project Screen supervised antigen tests would be accepted. About £32. I did a trial using one for a trip to France last month. Whilst the supervised aspect was not required it was easy using an App on my iPhone and had a brief video call with someone in the Philippines. Delivered next day by DPD

I cannot imagine the PDF version of the vaccination would not be accepted. All the details of the shots are there. 

Hopefully Celebrity will realise that not only US citizens go on their cruises and they have to administrate themselves accordingly. 

You are correct that they will not accept a copy of a Vac card but they do accept printed test results from a pdf.

We are cruising in February.  I am fully vaccinated and boosted!  I would like to ask a favour.  Could somebody whose flown from the UK to the USA the day before or two days before explain what test we have to do for the cruise.  I have read and re-read the documentation but I'm struggling.  I do not think I'm thick but maybe I am!  I'm ok with printing off my pdf for my vaccinations and I'm flying with BA so I'm going to read through that and wondering if my test to fly will be good enough for the cruise.  I think a step 1, step 2 guide would really help - maybe not just me!  Thanks in advance.

I have read what people have written but a straight forward guide might be helpful.

Edited by hopeless holiday booker

2 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

We are staying at the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Apparently a great hotel and they are providing free testing although PCR! Apparently 24-48 returns according to site. Would be fine for folk in FL for three nights or as a back up. Hope they change it to LFT antigens.

https://www.riversidehotel.com/health-safety

https://book.curative.com/sites/34010?date=2022-01-11

When are you at the Riverside? We are there 20-22/1 but the site to book has not been updated past the 15/1 yet. 

ps: and yes, it is a fabulous hotel, I always stay there - my 5th time I think! 

Edited by little britain

57 minutes ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

We are cruising in February.  I am fully vaccinated and boosted!  I would like to ask a favour.  Could somebody whose flown from the UK to the USA the day before or two days before explain what test we have to do for the cruise.  I have read and re-read the documentation but I'm struggling.  I do not think I'm thick but maybe I am!  I'm ok with printing off my pdf for my vaccinations and I'm flying with BA so I'm going to read through that and wondering if my test to fly will be good enough for the cruise.  I think a step 1, step 2 guide would really help - maybe not just me!  Thanks in advance.

I have read what people have written but a straight forward guide might be helpful.

Aside from proof of vaccinatation, which sounds like you are sorted on, under current rules you need to show proof of a negative COVID test taken at least two days prior to your boarding date (So, if you board on a Monday, you need a test taken on the Saturday or Sunday before boarding). The test can be an rapid antigen test (what we call a lateral flow test in the UK) but this must be a supervised test. Lots of providers in the UK - usually called a "Fit to Fly". 

1 hour ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

I would also recommend you download the Verifly App for your BA flight - as it makes check in faster/easier. Your test to fly to the US will be suitable for the cruise provided that the test was taken no more two days prior to cruise boarding day. 

5 hours ago, HazeyT said:

Express Test at T5 - Lateral Flow Antigen Fit to Fly Test (We used this back in November for our Celebrity cruise out of Miami). 

Hazey T - very trivial in the grand scheme of things but as you used the service just wondered how long the process took? We have an airport lounge booked but thinking if we are gonna lose about an hour testing it's probably not worth using the lounge ! Thanks 

4 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Hi. I think we may have been on one of the UK staycation cruises with you back in the summer. We are on the 7 march cruise along with our adult kids. They fly out of T5 on 5th March and so I’ll send them the link thanks. We will be in Florida for a week pre-cruise so will have to sort something out for ourselves too. 

3 hours ago, HazeyT said:

I would also recommend you download the Verifly App for your BA flight - as it makes check in faster/easier. Your test to fly to the US will be suitable for the cruise provided that the test was taken no more two days prior to cruise boarding day. 

Thank you for both answers.  That makes it nice and clear for me!  I should be able to do it from the UK and not worry about booking something in America

I will download the verify app.  Thanks.