Allure of the seas January 8 - live ish

Fitefly333, I think you are correct in that there is a Diamond and a Pinnacle Lounge these days. However,  we were on a RC ship a number of years back where everyone had to use the same Capt’s Club lounge no matter their level due to the higher level lounge being unavailable due to some issue or other. More space was needed to hold everyone so they used a smaller show venue with tables all around and some chairs could be placed in groups. I thought perhaps if pax numbers are way down on the ship perhaps only one lounge might be used is all. 

Now don’t  get me wrong. I will really enjoy being able to easily find a deck chair and not have to constantly be bumping into people on the promenade, etc.  (IF the ship keeps a lower passenger count.)  Yet  I also like to people watch and I don’t like venues to be TOO empty. Probably the only one on this thread worried about too FEW passengers! So I was glad to see the about how good  the band is, and people standing around listening & watching, and/or dancing!

Edited by mlbcruiser
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Do they still have Negra modelo at sabor?

I agree. Food is decent there.  Nothing to right home about, but it is good.  However, I love the atmosphere at sabor and given the current Covid situation it is nice to have a completely open air restaurant.  It is a great place for lunch too and a drink (or 3).  

I completely forgot to ask! I'm sorry! We're back for lunch in a few days and I'll ask if I can remember 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Dinner was decent. Nothing to write home about. Your typical Mexican food. More great service though. The guac was very good20220110_185112.thumb.jpg.c488c94021a109fd583b7fb427e601f4.jpg20220110_185944.thumb.jpg.2645b65fbbbbddbbe3c8b70104bb15a0.jpg20220110_185947.thumb.jpg.d17116f0f629c62e76209516d73649b3.jpg20220110_191400.thumb.jpg.2cf52b6fd1d5d0818b2bb207dc0a0921.jpg20220110_191403.thumb.jpg.c172786d705e10f1b95144581624de46.jpg20220110_193750.thumb.jpg.07770a09b4d5803970b9b2f8b5a13ceb.jpg

MDR was fantastic tonight. Rack of lamb has always been good on Royal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dixiejen said:

Wow. You’d think with all the restrictions they have in place they could find SOMEONE who could turn the game off IF they decided to put on the 10:00 show!  Thinking they would want to make those who were willing to cruise with them during Covid extra happy, but…

Its on the aqua theater screens now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

WOW! I am wayyy out of the fashion loop at an older age. :classic_biggrin:

Same here! I guess ‘formal night’ should be in quotations! But no reason we old folks can’t show them how it’s done!🤣🤪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting live while on the ship.  My wife and I will be on the Allure next week.  

I know you have the drink/dining packages, but have you seen any onboard discounts being offered for the specialty dining venues to try to get more people?

5 hours ago, kevin_p said:

Thanks for posting live while on the ship.  My wife and I will be on the Allure next week.  

I know you have the drink/dining packages, but have you seen any onboard discounts being offered for the specialty dining venues to try to get more people?

I haven't seen any, but I haven't paid much attention to it either though. I'm sorry 

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

No. I was going to make the posts in the tipping thread when I was on it. Couldn’t remember which terminal had the conveyor belt so I texted hubby who is in South America to get the answer. While I was waiting on him I opened another window with CC. Was reading that and then saw I still have the 3 quotes waiting for me to take care of. Forgot to change back to the correct thread and ended up posting them here. Asked the mods to remove it so hopefully they will.

It happens to me too . 😀

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Showing my ignorance.  Which time zone, must be an hour ahead of us in the Northeast,

i dont think they have daylight savings time or the 10 degree weather we are having in Boston this morning

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Goooood morning from what appears to be a beautiful day in St Maarten!20220111_063908.thumb.jpg.afa9a351e9cb673bcb6d16d5f53d1a8e.jpg

It appears you are a day early to St Maarten due to on-board scheduling changes.  How does that work for those that have excursions paid/planned in advance - both private at thru RC?

Edited by Buckeye_Tom
  • Like 1