Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

The guests didn’t like to be interrupted by the performers while dinning or have “action” near them while eating so they stopped the shows.  They prefer a quiet dinning experience.

Shows on Edge were later in the evening, not dinner time.

Loving your review, thanks so much.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's called an Infinite Veranda and it's not a real balcony. You can look up the multiple and I mean multiple threads on the Celebrity board that talk about this type of cabin. In a nutshell it's really an Oceanview room with a large picture window that can open from topdown and create a large opening to the outside. There are bifold doors that can close off the small area right in front of the window to create a faux balcony, or you can leave the bifold doors open and create a larger room. Bottom line the 'Balcony' area is actually the inside part of your cabin

Thank you for the explanation!

• Like 2

Following along.  Enjoyed your Mardi Gras review.  We were on MG in October and were looking forward to another cruise on her next week, but decided to cancel.  We have been contemplating trying Celebrity.  Can't wait to hear about your cruise! 

• Like 1

Seth Rudetsky is serius xm Broadway station dj

he takes a group on a cruise several times a year and brings 3 Broadway celebrities with him. They perform for the group every night and at end of cruise they do a variety show.  We went with him 2 times and are scheduled to cruise with him and Celebrity to the Norwegian Fjords in July. 
He and the group are on the Apex this week.  If you can get an invite to the last show, go. 

• Like 1

I am enjoying this review so much.  We were on the Apex last October for the TA.  It was an exceptional cruise!  There were ~1200 passengers onboard with 1100 crew . . . Amazing service.  The food throughout the cruise was excellent.  

enjoy!  I am positive you will.

Thank you for taking us along.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ccohen314 said:

Seth Rudetsky is serius xm Broadway station dj

he takes a group on a cruise several times a year and brings 3 Broadway celebrities with him. They perform for the group every night and at end of cruise they do a variety show.  We went with him 2 times and are scheduled to cruise with him and Celebrity to the Norwegian Fjords in July. 
He and the group are on the Apex this week.  If you can get an invite to the last show, go. 

A couple of my neighbors are part of Seth's group. I can't wait to hear about the show for the passengers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, true45 said:

Thank you 

Great pictures 

We were on Summit in October - 329 guests.  The Oceanview was wonderful but Apex seems fantastic.

Can’t wait to sail Jan 15.

Don’t worry we will save you some food!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

A couple of my neighbors are part of Seth's group. I can't wait to hear about the show for the passengers.

Wow!!  That sounds amazing!!!  I am going to try to see how to get an invite to the show.  That sounds absolutely fantastic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark.Jules said:

So happy to be following along with you.  We are eagerly awaiting our cruise in March.  Thank you for the photos; they bring so much more to a review.  Smooth sailing.

Thank you so much !!!  I hope the review will live up to your expectations!!!

• Like 1

Loving your review, Thank You for doing this.  I have a B2B scheduled on Apex the first two weeks of March.   I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind. Since masks are now mandatory at all indoor venues, are guests required to wear a mask in the solarium when not in the pool or hot tub?  Also, are guests required to wear a mask during spa treatments, massages etc?  

• Like 1

@BennyBrun Thanks so much for the live review! We unfortunately had to cancel this exact sailing and I am pretty down about it. We've rebooked for April but I will vicariously follow along and wish best health to you and your travelling party.

Some questions if you get the opportunity, and don't mind:

• Is your cabin one of the ones with a sofa only, "trundle bed" or a "single sofa bed"? There were a few missives when Edge launched as to whether using the "trundle bed" was like sleeping in a drawer, but I know a lot of people on the roll call were only parties of 2 and might not be in those rooms. On some deck plans this is listed as "single sofa" or "double sofa".
  • What does cash pricing look like for bottles/draft beer at Craft Social? We will have the "Always Included" package so I think we can get things up to $9, but wondering whether it's worth upgrading to the premium package onboard (despite one of our party not drinking much - I'm sure my wife and I can make the upgrade worthwhile if there's a decent beer selection.)
  • Firsthand experience with Eden entertainment? (I know you said "no shows" - but is that everything, even later in the evening?) I also don't like intense audience participation.
  • Do they have pen pricing in the Montblanc store readily available, or is it one of those "if you have to ask you can't afford it" situations? 🙂

Enjoy your voyage!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MACruisers said:

Loving your review, Thank You for doing this.  I have a B2B scheduled on Apex the first two weeks of March.   I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind. Since masks are now mandatory at all indoor venues, are guests required to wear a mask in the solarium when not in the pool or hot tub?  Also, are guests required to wear a mask during spa treatments, massages etc?  

I my personal opinion (not here to debate about it) people who have not been on the APEX or are on the APEX are making a big deal about it than the actual cruisers on the ship.  People are wearing their mask even without all the signs / reminders / posted stickers.  I rarely see anyone without it and there might be one or two now wearing it but I think they just forgot to wear it from wherever they are coming from.  No one is making a huge deal about it.  You just have to wear it from point A to point B.  Once you are there, sitting / stationary you can take it off and no one will bother you. ( I have not been to the theater yet).  If you are at the Solarium you do not have to wear the mask.  If you are at the spa doing a treatment that’s between you and the therapist and you can ask.  There are no signs posted at the spa about mask that I can find or see.  I will look harder tomorrow and dig deeper. We don’t like wearing the mask but we understand why so we wear it while in transit.  Once we are there we remove it as long as we don’t feel crowded or can be close contacted traced lol.