The new NCL mailing is out...

ew101

The new 8.5/11 NCL brochure arrived in the mail.  "Feel Free to Take a Peek at Your Next Vacation."  I notice no one in any photo is wearing a mask and the black stack smoke has been carefully airbrushed away.   I get it these were printed in October, but my reading of the Lanham Act of 1946 Lanham Act - Wikipedia would seem to indicate these should have gone to the recycling and not the post office.     

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ew101 said:

The new 8.5/11 NCL brochure arrived in the mail.  "Feel Free to Take a Peek at Your Next Vacation."  I notice no one in any photo is wearing a mask and the black stack smoke has been carefully airbrushed away.   I get it these were printed in October, but my reading of the Lanham Act of 1946 Lanham Act - Wikipedia would seem to indicate these should have gone to the recycling and not the post office.     

And?

12 hours ago, ew101 said:

So what?  What is it that you are promoting?

• Thanks 1

ok, since i havent gotten this mailing, for the sake of argument   i'll assume you are correct... so what! no masks, no smokestacks thats the fault of the photographer 

did the brochure give you the correct information about cruises, ports of call, and prices? if so, isnt that what a brochure is for? did it include false or inaccurate information? 

methinks you dost protest (way) to much.

if you think there is a problem, either throw away the brochure, or book with a different line. while i agree there is a lot to complain about with ncl, dont nit pick. as they say:"dont sweat the petty stuff, and dont pet the sweaty studd) 

47 minutes ago, complawyer said:

ok, since i havent gotten this mailing, for the sake of argument   i'll assume you are correct... so what! no masks, no smokestacks thats the fault of the photographer 

did the brochure give you the correct information about cruises, ports of call, and prices? if so, isnt that what a brochure is for? did it include false or inaccurate information? 

methinks you dost protest (way) to much.

if you think there is a problem, either throw away the brochure, or book with a different line. while i agree there is a lot to complain about with ncl, dont nit pick. as they say:"dont sweat the petty stuff, and dont pet the sweaty studd) 

7 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

I thought it was a beautiful, well made brochure. But keep in mind, this IS the Cruise Critic forum so anything goes. 

Speaking of sweating and beautiful, I think the 'passengers' in the brochure were way too good-looking.

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2022 at 6:46 PM, RYMOMA said:

So then every magazine out there should be recycled for false advertising. 
airbrushing of models and false articles

toss it all… it will make my job at the post office easier…. 

It might make the job easier, but it will also eliminate overtime and overtime pay. be careful for what you wish for.😉

• Like 1

airbrushing of models is just awful! also one home show i watch puts pancake face on all the realtors, even the men! they look like dolls. who likes airbrushing, ick? 

all natural is the best so if the NCL ad doesnt have natural then i think we need to burn it! 😉

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

It might make the job easier, but it will also eliminate overtime and overtime pay. be careful for what you wish for.😉

I am management. 
salary pay. I don’t get any OT even when I worked 80 hours one week in December