Just in case........

Labber 2

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just to reiterate,  if you are quarantined in Europe, you cannot guarantee that your hotel room tv will show any programmes in English, let alone movies on demand.  

@wowzzjust curious which European countries, other than Spain which has already been widely reported, have been insisting on positive passengers being offloaded to their quarantine hotels? 

1 hour ago, ozscotart said:

@wowzzjust curious which European countries, other than Spain which has already been widely reported, have been insisting on positive passengers being offloaded to their quarantine hotels? 

Well, Italy and Greece to name just two.

As it is an EU protocol,  every country has to follow the same rules.

20 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Good idea about downloads.  I just got a new phone for our trip this year as it was necessary; however, we canceled the trip because of the covid before final payment per our doctor's instructions.  

Totally stupid question, but how do you hook up your phone to the TV to watch the downloads?  Can you do that in the rooms?  We tried on the Grand class with a portable DVD player and brought DVDs which all came out new that we didn't see for rainy days and it would not work.  They told us it was not possible.  Hmmmm.

I was able to hook up my iPhone to the TV on the Regal, but not able to on the Majestic.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:01 AM, Keksie said:

Don't forget to pack a fever reducer, Dayquill, Nyquill, something for a sore throat and a cough.  Along with pepto and imodium.  Might save a trip to the med center.  😉

But if people are feeling bad shouldn’t they call the medical center? Isn’t this encouraging people to treat themselves and not report symptoms?  This is the type of stuff that I’ve always brought with me but now I’m wondering if it’s a good idea?

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

10 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

But if people are feeling bad shouldn’t they call the medical center? Isn’t this encouraging people to treat themselves and not report symptoms?  This is the type of stuff that I’ve always brought with me but now I’m wondering if it’s a good idea?

I would still contact medical for sure. But, you could just have a cold or the flu.  In any case, I’d want to be prepared.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I think many people would not report their symptoms,  knowing that they and their companion could spend 10 days apart in a hotel room, should they test positive for Covid. 

Which is why many cruisers in Europe are deciding to stay on board, rather than taking a test to be allowed ashore in countries such as Portugal. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think many people would not report their symptoms,  knowing that they and their companion could spend 10 days apart in a hotel room, should they test positive for Covid. 

Which is why many cruisers in Europe are deciding to stay on board, rather than taking a test to be allowed ashore in countries such as Portugal. 

People should always report their symptoms because not doing so could possibly mean death for someone else. You just never know anymore.

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The problem is right now people are thinking “Oh, I just have a cold” but they actually have Covid.  Crazy times.  

So true.  But for us, we would report it and get tested.  If they quarantined us, so be it.  We can cruise again in the future. I would be sad though. 😔

Crazy times for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm not sure about today's environment but in the past Princess has always quarantined a person if they reported to medical with symptoms like Noro.

I might be a little hesitant to let them know I wasn't feeling that great unless it continued for a day or so. 

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'm not sure about today's environment but in the past Princess has always quarantined a person if they reported to medical with symptoms like Noro.

I might be a little hesitant to let them know I wasn't feeling that great unless it continued for a day or so. 

That's the thing. In today's environment, in Europe,  quarantine on a ship because of Covid is not possible.  

11 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So true.  But for us, we would report it and get tested.  If they quarantined us, so be it.  We can cruise again in the future. I would be sad though. 😔

Crazy times for sure.

I'm sure that morally, that is the correct thing to do.

But, in practical terms,  if you have a slight sniffle, but know that a positive test result will mean that you and your travelling companion will be disembarked, sent to a mediocre hotel for a week or more, and have to rearrange all your flights home, with potentially major costs if your companion tested negative, you might think twice before declaring your condition. 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But, in practical terms,  if you have a slight sniffle, but know that a positive test result will mean that you and your travelling companion will be disembarked, sent to a mediocre hotel for a week or more, and have to rearrange all your flights home, with potentially major costs if your companion tested negative, you might think twice before declaring your condition. 

What’s the alternative?  Go about your business and possibly infect many others?  Would you avoid others on the ship?  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

What’s the alternative?  Go about your business and possibly infect many others?  Would you avoid others on the ship?  

Yes, try and stay in the cabin/balcony, room service meals etc.

23 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Did you "cast/airplay" it or have some sort of cable to connect it to the TV?

I used a cable with an HDMI adapter. These are the instructions for the Regal Princess and possibly some ships prior to that class. Depends on model of TV. Some you can unplug the HDMI cable from the ship's input and plug in your own.

"Connect your HDMI device to the HDMI port on the left side of the TV. Use the open HDMI above the ethernet port that the OceanView box uses.

Using the remote, launch one of the live TV channels. The bridge camera or the ship information channel usually work, but you may have to try one of the live TV channels (e.g. MSNBC).

Reach under the middle of the TV to find the on-TV directional jogger. Press in once to open the circular four-way menu, then toggle left and select the input selector. A menu will open on the right side of the TV. There should be a red dot next to "Live TV" (if the dot is next to HDMI, you didn't do step two correctly). Toggle down to HDMI and select it. This should successfully switch the input to your HDMI device."

• Thanks 1

If you do go to medical with just a cold and test negative there is a chance you still get quarantined for 24 hours until you test negative a second time. 

If you have allergies just be prepared with your own meds.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I wouldn't think twice. I would rather take the chance over thinking I might be a spreader. I do plan on bringing some test kits with me on my next cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

If you do go to medical with just a cold and test negative there is a chance you still get quarantined for 24 hours until you test negative a second time. 

If you have allergies just be prepared with your own meds.

Exactly.

I'm not willing to be confined for no reason unless I test positive. 

• Like 1