The Daily for Tuesday 01/11/2022

richwmn

Today is Learn Your Name in Morse Code Day, Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend Day, and National Shop for Travel Day

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on.--Robert Frost

Meal Suggestion for today - Easy Grilled Corn with Chipotle-Lime Butter
Drink of the Day - Berry Burst
Wine of the Day - Williams Selyem 2019 Vista Verde Vineyard Late Har
Destination of the Day - Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam Destination Cristobal, PA eta 1/12

Rotterdam Destination Falmouth Jamaica eta 1/12

At Sea Pacific

Zuiderdam Destination Panama Canal eta 1/12

Cabo San Lucas, MX

Koningsdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Nieuw Statendam 08:00 - 15:00

Ships Without Passengers

Corfu GR

Volendam

Zaandam

Limassol CY

Oosterdam

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam

Anchorage

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US

Nieuw Amsterdam

Noordam

0111NAmerica.thumb.png.6d4e399ea54853cb4e08c15784ed0071.png

0110Europe.thumb.png.c347a1b0613306e8f6f38eedc16542eb.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 16

Good morning, Daily friends, from frigid NJ...thermometer says 17 degrees right now, and only supposed to get up to 25.  Bright blue skies, so I'll patiently wait for the sun to make its way over the building to shine into my office.  I've got a big chunky sweater to wear while I wait...

I remember trying to learn Morse Code as a girl scout, but that was a very long time ago.  As cold as it is today, no puddles...just ice!  Shop for Travel Day is something I can really get behind...been searching for the possibility of renting a big house for the family in Virginia Beach or the Carolinas this summer, but I must be way too late for the best houses; so many are already booked up.

I like the quote - so true...no matter what happens, life really does go on.

Broke the news to my daughter last night that the baby shower I wanted so badly to have in person for her will go virtual.  Though the logistics of getting everyone in one spot to celebrate in person would have been a bit of a challenge, covid is the real reason we feel we shouldn't gather in a large groups.  Her mother-in-law would have had to join virtually regardless, so this way we're all in the same boat, so to speak.  My sister will help me set up a big Zoom meeting for us all, and I found a website that assists with pre-styled invites and an easy way to link her registry.  She was very excited when I told her about it, so we'll do our best to make it fun and memorable.

Sending prayers and good thoughts to all on the care list...shout outs to those celebrating.  Make today a good one!

• Like 36

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

It's very cold here -17C (2F).

Interesting days.  I tried learning Morse Code several years ago when I got my amateur radio licence, but I didn't.  It's far to cold for a puddle here.  I'd love to shop for travel.

Great quote.

Grilled corn sounds good, I'll save that for summer.  Hope the drink and wine are good.

Prayers for everyone!

A celebration for friends of ours, their DD had their first grand child (a boy) a few days ago (about 2 weeks early)!  Then the next day, their DDIL had their second grandson!  Two grandchildren in 2 days, they are over the moon!  Everyone is healthy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

Edited by puppycanducruise
  • Like 37

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  I love to shop for travel but it's been on hold for some time now.  I don't know my name in Morse Code and will not step in a puddle.  I love the Frost quote.  I'll pass on the meal and have not been to Tasmania.  I was supposed to go in 2020 but missed it due to  storms.

I slept late today and the lists will be VERY late.  I'll close this post with the Noordam (right) and Nieuw Statendam in Everglades:

2oos.JPG.e88dee02d894c0c0ecc120c369328fe8.JPG

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 7

Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks for the daily report.  Ah, my favorite spot on Cruise Critic!  I’ll try and learn my name in Morse Code.  As it’s 11 degrees F this morning I think all of our puddles are frozen solid, lucky day for friends!  Every day is shop for travel day, that’s how we all get those bargains.  The quote pretty much sums it all up, life goes on.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious but there is no corn at this time of year in our grocery stores.  The drink sounds like it will be very tasty although since it’s dry January for us everything does!  I’ll have to visit today’s port through the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our list I hope it shortens soon with favorable results for all.  Cheers for everyone celebrating a happy event today!

• Like 33

Good afternoon.

It is 40°F and sunny here in NE England.

Thank you Rich for today's daily and fleet reports.

Thank you Roy for the various lists.

I have never stamped my foot in a puddle of water to splash someone else although I have inadvertently splashed myself.

A lot of people probably look at the January sales to shop for clothes for their holiday's.

Today's quote is true for us all since the start of time.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Australia is on out to do list so we have never been to Tasmania so photos welcome.

Prayers 🙏 for Jacqui, José,Roy and everyone on the care list.

Take care and have a nice day everyone.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220111_121312.jpg

• Like 32

Good morning .-. .. -.-. .... 

and fellow Daily-ites.

Last night was pretty bumpy on the Rotterdam and this morning rainy and dreary. The empty hangers in the closet kept me irritated til I got my butt out of bed and took them down. 

We will not sail on next week. The itinerary includes 5 sea days of 7. Although my sweet husband would not say so, I think he's ready to move on. 

Continuing prayers for all on Roy's care list and cheers to all on the celebration list. 

Blessings and Cheers

• Like 34

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I never learned Morse code, but would be interested in learning my name. Not a fan of stepping in puddles. I'm always at least window shopping for travel.

The quote is true. The meal sounds good.

@msmayorit's good to hear that your daughter was so excited even though the shower can't be in person. I'm sure you will all have a great time.

@rafinmdRoy I'm glad you were able to sleep in...that's extra healing for your body and mind. 🙂

Have a terrific Tuesday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 35

Thanks for the Tuesday Daily, Rich 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  My name is way too long to learn it in Morse Code 😉 

It’s way too cold to have any puddles here - 31 Celsius (I think that’s around -24 F). Too cold for the dogs to be out more than a very few minutes 😢  

2510BD4A-D18F-4314-8851-71660E3A4BF4.thumb.jpeg.697cbe52ab468bc046d8fd53ba7f1728.jpeg

Love shopping for travel but I already did that when I thought we were going two years ago.  Miss travel and I’ve tested positive!

91AF29FE-AC4B-4D21-A59F-086CCE9C07E0.jpeg.ed5dc238484d9e320f8b99e34c40989e.jpeg

Robert Frost is so right.  DH would love today’s meal suggestion & today’s wine sounds intriguing.

Loved Hobart when we were there and yes, we saw a Tasmanian devil 😉 

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!

948FE56A-763E-4384-A9C4-302D6A3084B1.jpeg.fb4cbb614253b2ff47c7437afb8f98bc.jpeg

Stay safe & warm and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Good morning from a very foggy day at sea.  Quick post for the drink of the day.

Berry Burst:

INGREDIENTS
Nutrition
1  ounce cherry vodka
1  ounce grape vodka
1  dash cranberry juice
1  dash carbonated lemon-lime beverage
1⁄2 ounce lemonade

DIRECTIONS
Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
Pour into glass filled with ice.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 8.11.44 AM.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Congrats on your big win!

Roy, glad you could sleep in - sleep is so restorative. Morning Dailyites! The sun is out, it is cooler this morning but compared to my Northern friends, it’s nothing. I spent a painful 20 minutes this morning making an appointment for the bloodwork needed for my annual physical. Their online appointment scheduler did not offer any appointments before 8 a.m.  No clue why not, since their phone automated scheduler did. If I have to fast, I want the earliest appointment of the day. 😉 We have another white wine today!

@puppycanducruise How amazing for your friend!

Well I need to get ready & head to the gym. Not sure what else I will do today. I really need to force myself to inspect three branches of my Christmas tree that did not light this year. I did a cursory check when I discovered the problem and marked the branches so I could easily find them, but no luck, yet. Perhaps there is a YouTube video that can help me.

More of my library/book series….

E9A5BDB7-D143-47FF-81FF-79C669D1C8EE.jpeg.e0dd89ebb488eed5ea2f8bc6def2fb72.jpeg

ABFED74C-D103-42E9-8967-1C54FB2519CA.jpeg.d4f91d1f95842e7fe7efa957d6ef4c33.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Williams Selyem 2019 Vista Verde Vineyard Late Harvest

This dessert Gewurztraminer has excellent ratings. And if you enjoy dessert wines, there were several online distributors with prices starting at $59.99.

Producer notes: "Spicy and boisterous aromas in the glass make the Gewurztraminer truly special and unique. Rose oil and lychee elements along with more classic poached stone fruit notes dominate to nose. The natural structure of this variety coupled with barrel fermentation in new oak adds structure and depth with notes of vanilla and nut spice which further round out the complexity. The exotic aromas are echoed on the palate with a creamy richness without being too heavy. Drink: 2022-2029. Alcohol 9.3%."

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning from a very foggy day at sea.  Quick post for the drink of the day.

Berry Burst:

INGREDIENTS
Nutrition
1  ounce cherry vodka
1  ounce grape vodka
1  dash cranberry juice
1  dash carbonated lemon-lime beverage
1⁄2 ounce lemonade

DIRECTIONS
Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
Pour into glass filled with ice.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 8.11.44 AM.png

Thanks for telling me about a drink I never heard of or tried.  Not too big on Vodka but years ago I tried a White Russian on HAL and I really enjoyed it.

• Like 15

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  --. . .-. .-. -.-- checking in this morning - I love a challenge!  I remember puddle splashing on the way home from school, with a whole bunch of us ending up soaking wet.  @grapau27 you mean you never did that even as a child?  Every day I go shopping is shop for travel day; if it's clothing, the first thing I do is pick up the article to see how much it weighs.  I have put many things back on the rack, despite being so attracted to them, because of their weight.  Great quote today.

Well halleluiah, we finally made it into the single digits; right now it's -6C (21F), so it's practically balmy outside.  That means I'll be able to get out and whittle down some of the snowbanks bordering the driveway and back patio.  I'm thinking instead of wasting my energy with a shovel, I might just fling myself on the drifts to squash them down.  LOL   We'll see what happens.   I'm sure everyone's tired of winter already, especially the folks in Eastern Canada who are getting slammed with it right now - sorry, we had to get rid of that Arctic Low somehow.  Pretty sure this is how we'll all be looking at the end of winter this year:

Feeling.jpg.c21e6f2f054ad8c38dc38914e598cc3f.jpg

I like today's menu suggestion, but the barbecue is buried in the snow, so that will have to wait for summer.  If I had any corn right now, I'd be cooking it in the microwave.  Yesterday, someone on a site mentioned that a little known market had whole pork loins on sale for $1.99 per pound, so DH and I went over there.  What a great little place, clean, friendly, and a whole assortment of Asian goodies in there as well.  We walked out with 6 loins, 5 of which went into the freezer.  The one we left out will be going into the slow cooker today along with a bottle of barbecue sauce so we can have pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Congratulations to all the new parents (Jaime), and @puppycanducruise's friends who are grandparents to not one, but two new grandbabies - jackpot!  

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jacqui, Jose, his medical team, Marley, and for Tana. We'll raise the wine glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good Morning Dailyites!  Another sunny and chilly day here.  And today is one of those days when i get to "go to work" for one hour.

DH got a call from his brother last night, suggesting that it is time to go home and see his  step Mom.  We haven't replaced our cat sitter yet (he has been quite ill) so DH is thinking of flying out there to spend a week or so with her.  Her health and memory have been declining this year.  I have been telling him to go for several months, but I think he finally realizes that it is time.  She is an incredible woman who in her 80's  raised her great granddaughter when the rest of the family couldn't.  (we were never asked as the rest of the family lives far away from us, and I am the "new" wife.)  

Nothing set in stone yet, plans may change.

I love the quote today, but I love all of them as they give individual philosophies about living.

My cat Tazi is named after the Tasmanian Devil, but that's as close as I have been to that port.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is a nice, sunny day here, but oh so cold.  I have the pool reserved at 10:00 and PT at 1:00.  Then I have some work to do for the non profit that I manage.  

I ran across this meme and for some reason, it reminded me of the Daily.

271658030_2311699752303267_8395829155647480809_n.jpg.72c4ec678250b2870fa9ca9c1630ce31.jpg

We could make this a community project.

Today's meal would go wonderfully with a steak on the grill next to it.   If you can find corn, you could roast it in the oven.  If not, use the chipotle lime on frozen or canned corn to dress it up and roast it.  

This first one is another Who Knew?   https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/grilled-corn-with-chipotle-lime-butter   It never occurred to me to check Web MD for recipes.  

300x300_ew_grilled_corn_with_chipotle_lime_butter.jpg.63fa8a988b0cab2e2ddfeefa430ee76e.jpg

In this next one and in all you CAN substitute parsley for cilantro.  Or leave it out altogether.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-grilled-corn-with-chipotle-lime-butter/

Easy-Grilled-Corn-with-Chipotle-Lime-Butter_EXPS_SDAS18_227475_C04_04__5b-12.jpg.7043cdd75911dd0e2211f56463729931.jpg

This one grills the corn and then adds the chipotle lime butter to it.   https://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com/grilled-corn-with-chipotle-lime-butter/

grilled-corn-with-chipotle-lime-butter-25.thumb.jpg.c0d752c070e18461161674a611a07f3e.jpg

They all look good to me and the chipotle lime butter would be great on other vegetables roasted in the oven.  I might try it on brussel sprouts tonight.   

Prayers for all who need them and cheers for all who are celebrating.   Enjoy!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2