Will Royal copy NCL and add a new loyalty tier

It would make sense rather than a unnamed level with additional perks. Yes I know its currently still diamond plus before I get attached ... was attacked before for saying it's a unnamed level.

I get solo perks. John says extra free bottle of wine level at 340. 350. Doesnt really matter if it gets a new name or not. I saw a list of amenities... some like better wine are at this level. 

59 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

They already have the benefits for a new level, so they would only need to name it.  Naming the level would be an inexpensive play that might incentivize loyalty members to book cruises striving to reach it.

I think this would make a lot of sense. Probably a lot of people don't  realise those other benefits even exist. I wonder how many give up the chase and go elsewhere once they reach D+ because they know there is no way they are ever going to reach pinnacle and are unaware that there is anything in between.

1 minute ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We should reach 340 by the end of the year.  But it does seem a bit anticlimactic to not have a name for that level. 

At 76 points we were gold on NCL, now we are platinum. Well done NCL.

• Like 1

I'm surprised they lowered the amount of points along with the addition. I'll take it though. I'll move up a level if my Feb cruise still goes in time to get priority tender on my next cruise with them that has a few tender ports. 

Happy they didn't get rid of benefits with the change. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

I'm surprised they lowered the amount of points along with the addition. I'll take it though. I'll move up a level if my Feb cruise still goes in time to get priority tender on my next cruise with them that has a few tender ports. 

Happy they didn't get rid of benefits with the change. 

I think this was long coming.   At 49 points, I think they made me gold even though, at the time, I should have been silver (haven't cruised with them in a few years).  Now, I'm still gold but quite a bit closer to platinum.

I'm not sure if Royal will do anything with their loyalty levels other than naming the D+ ones that they already have as discussed before.   They're in a hard spot adjusting them because if they make it easier to get to a level, the existing loyalists will complain about eroding their status.  I haven't looked at the NCL forums but I'd be surprised if there weren't some heated debates going on there.

Edited by TickledBlue

I don't care what they call the level of points I have, as long as I get the perks.  Sailing solo now, I think the DP340 is one of the best next to the balcony discount and free laundry.

I spoke with a LA in 2019 who said he had been trying to convince RCCL for several years to revamp the levels, because he thought the Emerald level was unecessary, and it's a LOOOOOONG haul from D+ to Pinnacle.  They were supposed to have it on their annual Miami LA meeting agenda in the first quarter of 2020.................................but we all know what really happened then.

Edited by pcur

1 hour ago, TickledBlue said:

I think this was long coming.   At 49 points, I think they made me gold even though, at the time, I should have been silver (haven't cruised with them in a few years).  Now, I'm still gold but quite a bit closer to platinum.

I'm not sure if Royal will do anything with their loyalty levels other than naming the D+ ones that they already have as discussed before.   They're in a hard spot adjusting them because if they make it easier to get to a level, the existing loyalists will complain about eroding their status.  I haven't looked at the NCL forums but I'd be surprised if there weren't some heated debates going on there.

I haven't popped over there - but since they didn't decrease any of the perks and a lot were probably bumped up to the next level for it they're probably not mad unless they think it will be followed by getting rid of perks. 

Though I suppose on some ships it might be a bit harder to get your two free specialty meals.