Celebrity just extended CWC - Royal will most likely follow

Celebrity just extended CWC.  Given how they mirror Royals policy I expect Royal to follow with an announcement shortly.

FCC's still have a sail by date of Dec 31, 2022 or 12 months from date of cancellation

• UPDATE: As of January 13, 2022, the Best Price Guarantee and FCC components of the Cruise With Confidence program will be extended for bookings made through March 31, 2022 on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty soon it will be bookings made on Sept 30, 2022 for sailings departing on Sept 30, 2022.  😄

Edit:  I was thinking they haven't moved the sail by date the past couple of times, but they did recently move it from April 30, 2022 to Sept 30, 2022.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Celebrity just extended CWC.  Given how they mirror Royals policy I expect Royal to follow with an announcement shortly.

FCC's still have a sail by date of Dec 31, 2022 or 12 months from date of cancellation

• UPDATE: As of January 13, 2022, the Best Price Guarantee and FCC components of the Cruise With Confidence program will be extended for bookings made through March 31, 2022 on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022.

Interesting that Celebrity says 12/31/22 or one year from the original sailing date, as opposed to one year from cancellation date.

NEW Cruise With Confidence FCC Applicability- Effective January 13, 2022 

• ALL MARKETS – All new and existing FCCs issued under the Cruise With Confidence policy must be used (applied and sailed) on or before, 12/31/22 or one year from the original sailing date.

5 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Interesting that Celebrity says 12/31/22 or one year from the original sailing date, as opposed to one year from cancellation date.

NEW Cruise With Confidence FCC Applicability- Effective January 13, 2022 

• ALL MARKETS – All new and existing FCCs issued under the Cruise With Confidence policy must be used (applied and sailed) on or before, 12/31/22 or one year from the original sailing date.

It even refers to original sailing date in Royals faq's if I recall correctly.  What is original sailing date?  If you had FCC's applied to a sailing in September is the Sept date the original date or is it the original date from the sailing where the FCC's were issued from in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It even refers to original sailing date in Royals faq's if I recall correctly.  What is original sailing date?  If you had FCC's applied to a sailing in September is the Sept date the original date or is it the original date from the sailing where the FCC's were issued from in the first place. 

Interesting question. I know what I would assume—- which is probably not what Royal would assume. If there is no FCCs applied, though, it’s clear, maybe. I could cancel a 9/30/22 sailing today that has no FCCs applied and the FCC would be good until 9/39/2023. 

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

I could cancel a 9/30/22 sailing today that has no FCCs applied and the FCC would be good until 9/30/2023. 

The FCC is usually one year from cancellation date, not sailing date. Even pre COVID, the recommendation was to cancel as late as possible (right before final payment) to have the FCC use by date as late as possible.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The FCC is usually one year from cancellation date, not sailing date. Even pre COVID, the recommendation was to cancel as late as possible (right before final payment) to have the FCC use by date as late as possible.

Don’t disagree, but that is not what it says.