On board Sihouette 14 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

10 minutes ago, Bill1314 said:

Thanks for all information you are sharing, it’s really appreciated. We are booked on the Feb 25th cruise and wondered if there is any way to find out how many guests are currently due to sail on this cruise. We are very keen to sail, however we would have concerns if the ship was anywhere near capacity. Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

You can get a good idea of capacity by doing a dummy booking on the X website. If you go through the different classes of cabin you can see how many are currently unoccupied. Quite a few i think you’ll find!

I am going to say that there is no reliable way to tell how many people might be on your cruise, based on the fact that if you looked at this cruise two weeks in advance it would have appeared that 1600 people would be coming. Then a week ago it dropped to 1200. Then last minute cancellations dropped it again to around 900.

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind replies. I’ve tried a dummy booking, At the moment I’m guessing maybe around 85% of the cabins are booked. I was wondering if Celebrity were blacking out cabins to restrict the numbers onboard? Currently looks like a pretty busy ship.

Yes they are blacking out cabins and there’s pretty much no way to know how many.

Some they are keeping empty. And some they are blacking out for use as quarantine and isolation cabins.

As an example,On silhouette right now all of the rooms on deck three are unavailable. The corridors are blocked off and you cannot get from the front elevator to guest relations on deck three. One is kept for crew,  one is kept for passenger

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes they are blacking out cabins and there’s pretty much no way to know how many.

Some they are keeping empty. And some they are blacking out for use as quarantine and isolation cabins.

As an example,On silhouette right now all of the rooms on deck three are unavailable. The corridors are blocked off and you cannot get from the front elevator to guest relations on deck three. One is kept for crew,  one is kept for passenger

Does this mean all quarantined/isolated guests are on Deck 3? I've followed some guests on other ships that were in balconies so just wonder how that is working on Silhouette. 

37 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Does this mean all quarantined/isolated guests are on Deck 3? I've followed some guests on other ships that were in balconies so just wonder how that is working on Silhouette. 

No it doesn’t mean that they are all on deck three. And different ships may do it differently. But on Sihouette right now if you are identified in a Contact tracing, you stay in your current state room while you are under observation until they clear you. If you test positive, but are asymptomatic, you probably will also stay in your assigned statement. But if you are in need of medical attention, you probably will be moved to the deck three hallway set aside for such a situation.

• Like 1

Cruisestitch, Thank you for taking time from your vacation to provide answers and updates.

Hopefully we will be boarding on 1/24. Is there entertainment in the various lounges and in the foyer. Sure hope Vivace Strings are still on board. Thank you

53 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

...If you test positive, but are asymptomatic, you probably will also stay in your assigned statement....

34 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

...Do I understand you correctly that even if a person tests positive, as long as they are asymptomatic, they stay in their assigned cabin?

There's 0% chance that this is true. All positives, whether asymptomatic or not, isolate in the "red zone."

Edited by RichYak
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

There's 0% chance that this is true. All positives, whether asymptomatic or not, isolate in a 

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

There's 0% chance that this is true. All positives, whether asymptomatic or not, isolate in a different stateroom.

Perhaps you have missed the first hand reports from passengers who are claustrophobic and have been allowed to stay in their veranda state rooms even though they are positive, and on equinox in January a friend of mine tested positive and stayed in her original veranda state room the entire rest of the cruise. Here on silhouette, I have been told by guest relations that if you test positive you may or may not stay in your original state room, it’s on a case by case basis, but if you are ill and need medical care you will be moved to deck 3.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, h2ocruiser said:

Cruisestitch, Thank you for taking time from your vacation to provide answers and updates.

Hopefully we will be boarding on 1/24. Is there entertainment in the various lounges and in the foyer. Sure hope Vivace Strings are still on board. Thank you

Here is the music schedule for tonight 

DD5F82DE-80ED-425A-997E-7DB1CCBC6D75.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I was forced to move to a Deck 2 porthole room on the Millennium after testing positive Jan 4th.   Even after disclosing my very intense claustrophobia and spending over 4 hours pleading with the doctor who in turn was negotiating with the captain.  

I had very mild symptoms and didn’t require any medical care.  

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Rich yak, have a look here

And if you're referring to boogybaby on page 7 they wrote: "We were taken to deck 6 and given a balcony." They were not permitted to remain in their own stateroom either.

14 minutes ago, RichYak said:

And if you're referring to boogybaby on page 7 they wrote: "We were taken to deck 6 and given a balcony." They were not permitted to remain in their own stateroom either.

Thank you for relaying actual facts. It’s dangerous on such an important topic to a lot of people who may be using this info as one tool in determining whether they will cruise or not, to have some delivering information “that they think” is right, without verifying if their info is in fact accurate.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sayvan said:

Do you mean the Feb 25 cruise or did our cruise get an extra day added?🤣

Caught me, Fat fingers without reading before posting.

Sorry

We do got to Fort Lauderdale area the day before the cruise. Maybe that was my thought.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Thank you for relaying actual facts. It’s dangerous on such an important topic to a lot of people who may be using this info as one tool in determining whether they will cruise or not, to have some delivering information “that they think” is right, without verifying if their info is in fact accurate.

To be fair, we're all trying to interpret passenger reports as best we can. I've read enough that I feel confident saying that standard procedure on X is to move ALL positive cases, regardless of symptoms, into cabins designated for isolation.

Now, is it possible that there are exceptions? Sure. Maybe X ran out of isolation space on a particular sailing, or maybe someone tested positive late on the last night of the cruise and those people were isolated in their own cabins.

So it's possible that bravado got the best of me when I wrote "0% chance." That said, IMO, it's pretty darn close to 0%.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bill1314 said:

Thanks for all information you are sharing, it’s really appreciated. We are booked on the Feb 25th cruise and wondered if there is any way to find out how many guests are currently due to sail on this cruise. We are very keen to sail, however we would have concerns if the ship was anywhere near capacity. Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m also on the 25th

My friend was supposed to be on back to back an equinox and tested on the last day of the cruise with the other back to back passengers.  She was positive.   They told her she could not go onto the next cruise but they did not make her change rooms that night