On board Sihouette 14 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

38 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

My friend was supposed to be on back to back an equinox and tested on the last day of the cruise with the other back to back passengers.  She was positive.   They told her she could not go onto the next cruise but they did not make her change rooms that night

What arrangements did they make for her after that last night?

Did they fly her home privately? Get her a hotel in FLL?

Just curious how they're implementing "Cruise With Confidence" currently.

How recently did this happen?

Edited by chamima

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

To be fair, we're all trying to interpret passenger reports as best we can. I've read enough that I feel confident saying that standard procedure on X is to move ALL positive cases, regardless of symptoms, into cabins designated for isolation.

Now, is it possible that there are exceptions? Sure. Maybe X ran out of isolation space on a particular sailing, or maybe someone tested positive late on the last night of the cruise and those people were isolated in their own cabins.

So it's possible that bravado got the best of me when I wrote "0% chance." That said, IMO, it's pretty darn close to 0%.

@RichYakI believe you are correct. The photo from Quarantined that @cruisestich posted was from his cabin on Deck 6. His wife stayed in their assigned stateroom. I think we are having a semantic issue with the term Red Zone. The Red Zone is simply the location of where the guest is moved after testing positive. It can be on Deck 3, Deck 6 or any other deck that X has designated for infected cruisers. I only saw one possible report from a guest that may have stayed in their cabin. They tested on the final evening and were waiting for results. She was positive and spouse was negative. I believe they stayed and probably because they were getting off the next morning. 

26 minutes ago, chamima said:

What arrangements did they make for her after that last night?

Did they fly her home privately? Get her a hotel in FLL?

Just curious how they're implementing "Cruise With Confidence" currently.

How recently did this happen?

It was just this month. They took her to a hotel where she stayed for five days and then flew home

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

The Celebrity Orchestra is back.

the new Cruise Director (Luis? Louis?) will appear an a couple more days

meanwhile Jaz, one of the Activity Staff, makes the morning announcements and introduces the evening shows

Maybe Lewis Hamilton.  He’s great.  

All those on board or have sailed recently:

Is there an advantage of Port vs. Starboard?  We will be in AQ deck 11 midship.  

Maybe you can remember which side faces the islands when you docked?  Sounds like we won't have much sun on our balcony.

THANKS!

I don’t think you can predict which way a ship will dock, bow are facing towards the shore or about facing outward.  And as far as I know it could have one configuration on one cruise and the opposite on the next cruise. Bottom line, I don’t think it can be predicted which side would be better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I don’t think you can predict which way a ship will dock, bow are facing towards the shore or about facing outward.  And as far as I know it could have one configuration on one cruise and the opposite on the next cruise. Bottom line, I don’t think it can be predicted which side would be better.

Exactly right. 

2 hours ago, MamaChach said:

All those on board or have sailed recently:

Is there an advantage of Port vs. Starboard?  We will be in AQ deck 11 midship.  

Maybe you can remember which side faces the islands when you docked?  Sounds like we won't have much sun on our balcony.

THANKS!

We currently book on the side of the ship that will potentially offer the most hours of afternoon shade on sea days, as we very much enjoy sitting on our balcony, weather permitting of course. For example, booking an aft-facing cabin on a TA sailing from the US to Barcelona would not provide a lot of afternoon shade, but a cabin on the port side would.

Now, if cruising in the Caribbean, that’s a little more challenging, but doable if you also include an aft-facing cabin as an option.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am going to say that there is no reliable way to tell how many people might be on your cruise, based on the fact that if you looked at this cruise two weeks in advance it would have appeared that 1600 people would be coming. Then a week ago it dropped to 1200. Then last minute cancellations dropped it again to around 900.

If you have a chance, can you see if you can find out how many guests they are forecasting for the next cruise 1/24. We have seen quite a few cancellations on the roll call and more expected this week. Thanks for reporting on your B2B. 

Edited by RICCruisers

10 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

If you have a chance, can you see if you can find out how many guests they are forecasting for the next cruise 1/24. We have seen quite a few cancellations on the roll call and more expected this week. Thanks for reporting on your B2B. 

This cruise and the last both started off booked at 1600 passengers and then about a week before the cruise it was down to 1200 and then by the time the cruise actually left it was fewer than 1000. I think you will see something similar on the next couple of cruises

Edited by cruisestitch

On 1/16/2022 at 8:28 AM, cruisestitch said:

No it doesn’t mean that they are all on deck three. And different ships may do it differently. But on Sihouette right now if you are identified in a Contact tracing, you stay in your current state room while you are under observation until they clear you. If you test positive, but are asymptomatic, you probably will also stay in your assigned statement. But if you are in need of medical attention, you probably will be moved to the deck three hallway set aside for such a situation.

Cruisestitch, I was on the Silhouette last week with you.   Don’t argue with the lurkers!   I was in my same cabin ~ end of rant~ no questions please

46 minutes ago, lovetocruisee said:

Cruisestitch, I was on the Silhouette last week with you.   Don’t argue with the lurkers!   I was in my same cabin ~ end of rant~ no questions please

46 minutes ago, lovetocruisee said:

Just to clarify, you tested positive and were isolated in your own cabin.  Great news.

2 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

Are mask required while onboard and inside? I just read a post from Apex post that said mask are required on their sailing. Saw nothing on Celebrity web site  under health protocols about mask.

Yes they are required.  I don’t know what the website has to say about it. The requirement was just begun about 10 days ago.

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes they are required.  I don’t know what the website has to say about it. The requirement was just begun about 10 days ago.

Hi we are due to sail from the 4th Feb on this cruise, what are the testing protocols onboard at the moment? how frequent etc.? Thanks in advance.

Hi we are due to sail on the 4th Feb on the Silhouette on the 10 night Southern Caribbean sailing. Can you please tell me what the onboard testing protocols and procedures will be. ie daily every 2 days etc and the isolation details if unfortunate to test positive.

Thanks

Bluewezzie and friends

All, I just met Cruisestitch onboard. What a wonderful lady, I thanked her for all the information she has been providing. It really helped me decide to go on this cruise and it has worked out great. Plenty of room to distance, no problems with crowded cafe or elevators. A great cruise for the passengers. I have met some great and interesting people onboard, from fellow Navy Submariners, to gold miners! Thank you again,  Mark, Room 9200.

• Like 1

Hi, I am curious to know about the indoor mask rule and locations such as the Solarium or the Persian Gardens. Do they make any exceptions on wearing a mask in these areas, particularly if you are doing an activity such as swimming, using a steam room, etc.? 

Edited by conquesodor

36 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

Are mask required while onboard and inside? I just read a post from Apex post that said mask are required on their sailing. Saw nothing on Celebrity web site  under health protocols about mask.

Here's the relevant web site: https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

24 minutes ago, Bluewezzie said:

Hi we are due to sail on the 4th Feb on the Silhouette on the 10 night Southern Caribbean sailing. Can you please tell me what the onboard testing protocols and procedures will be. ie daily every 2 days etc and the isolation details if unfortunate to test positive.

Thanks

Bluewezzie and friends

They only test if you call medical with symptoms. Or if they call you because you were identified in contact tracing.

There is no routine passenger testing on board

i believe they test each crew member once weekly.

Edited by cruisestitch

5 minutes ago, conquesodor said:

Hi, I am curious to know about the indoor mask rule and locations such as the Solarium or the Persian Gardens. Do they make any exceptions on wearing a mask in these areas, particularly if you are doing an activity such as swimming, using a steam room, etc.? 

There is no formal exception list, the rule says “all indoor locations”. Now from a practical standpoint, no one in the pool or the hot tub’s wears a mask. I haven’t been in the steam room so I can’t answer that.