Testing at NCL pier

kapeaccruiser

I just did check in for the 2/5 Joy.  They had me select an arrival time (offered half hour bolcks from 9 or 9:30 until 2).  Then when I registered for the covid test, it said no time is assigned, just that it is booked for that day and I will be tested when I check in at the pier.

On 1/14/2022 at 7:39 PM, kapeaccruiser said:

Can anybody that has already did check in let me know what time is latest slot for test?

Thank you

You need to be checked in 2 hours prior to departure. Therefore you have to be tested in advance of that. The two times we were tested at check-in, it took over an hour. But, I have read a lot of other accounts saying that it was quicker. 

Good evening,

sorry to cut into this conversation but is there a cost for the COVID tests at the piers before you depart?  I live in NY and want to book a cruise from NY and the whole COVID testing thing is very confusing to me.  any help at all would be very much appreciated.  

thank you!
Lisa

16 minutes ago, cruzn4abruzn said:

Good evening,

sorry to cut into this conversation but is there a cost for the COVID tests at the piers before you depart?  I live in NY and want to book a cruise from NY and the whole COVID testing thing is very confusing to me.  any help at all would be very much appreciated.  

thank you!
Lisa

Policy depends on when you are sailing.  Before March 2022, testing is at the pier, no charge.  After that, you are responsible to provide negative test at your expense.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

On 1/18/2022 at 12:19 AM, cruzn4abruzn said:

Good evening,

thank you!
Lisa

There are frequent ads on tv about free testing sites in NYC. You can read about them and make an appointment here.

COVID-19: Rapid Testing (nyc.gov)