Required Covid testing for US citizens after disembarkation?

palolake

5 minutes ago, palolake said:

We are on a BTB cruise and this is our last week. We were told by 2 different Princess employees yesterday that a Covid test was required of US citizens after getting off the ship. Is this true? Is this new?

Where are you disembarking?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, palolake said:

Ft. Lauderdale 

No, only heard b2b’s had to test between their b2b’s.  
That could delay us for flight home.

Haven’t they been testing you between b2b’s?

Have they been testing the day before disembarking?  Or, the morning of?

You should have gotten a notice of this in your cabin.  I would check with medical or a supervisor. 

Please post what they say.

Yes we had our Covid test this morning for our second cruise.

We first learned of this when we were talking to the shore excursion desk about getting a Florida tour when we get off. He was telling us that we had to collect our luggage, go outside and then have our Covid test. I told him we were US citizens and he asked what state we were flying to. And then said you have to get a test because you’ve been out of the country. So then we went over to passenger services and asked them and they also said we had to have a Covid test. We will try to investigate further but I was wondering if anyone else had had this happen to them. And we are vaccinated and boosted. 

51 minutes ago, palolake said:

We first learned of this when we were talking to the shore excursion desk about getting a Florida tour when we get off. He was telling us that we had to collect our luggage, go outside and then have our Covid test. I told him we were US citizens and he asked what state we were flying to. And then said you have to get a test because you’ve been out of the country. So then we went over to passenger services and asked them and they also said we had to have a Covid test. We will try to investigate further but I was wondering if anyone else had had this happen to them. And we are vaccinated and boosted. 

Confused.  You said you had your test this morning for your b2b.

Did they know you already tested this morning for your b2b?

Are you flying within the US tmrw?  Or, staying on the ship?

That test this morning should be sufficient, unless this is something is new?

Please let us know.

We were on the Caribbean Princess with one day between our two cruises-We were to board the Regal one day after disembarking. We got many answers as to what we needed to do including "you will be tested on the pier disembarkation day". That was not true as pier side testing was only for those flying out of the country. Really don't know who to believe and they don't seem to be reading from the same notes 🙂

1 hour ago, palolake said:

That is what is described on pcl website for b2b.  But most of the ships have been testing OB the day before your turnaround on b2b’s.  Just like you are doing.  Maybe they don’t know about

the testing OB day before?  They should know about it.

What ship are you on?

Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back-to-back?

Yes, back-to-back bookings will be available for vaccinated guests, subject to availability.

Guests on back-to-back voyages will need to disembark the ship at the end of each voyage, receive a complimentary viral COVID-19 test, and will be permitted to board the ship again once they receive a negative test result.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

We will closely monitor all guidance and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

48 minutes ago, dockman said:

What about back to back majestic princess from San Pedro?  Do you have to get another test to go on each leg?

Yes, you are tested, complimentary by PCL between each turnaround.  Most ships, I’ve heard, are doing it OB the day before the turn around. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

We were on the Caribbean Princess with one day between our two cruises-We were to board the Regal one day after disembarking. We got many answers as to what we needed to do including "you will be tested on the pier disembarkation day". That was not true as pier side testing was only for those flying out of the country. Really don't know who to believe and they don't seem to be reading from the same notes 🙂

Did you end up getting it on your S2S

at the pier before embarkation for the Regal?  

Complicating the topic a bit.......

Any intel regarding testing if you are departing the ship in England?

We are on the Sky Princess TA leaving the USA and arriving in the UK.  We are flying back to the USA on disembarkation day and hoping we get a Covid test on the ship the last day of the cruise so we can use that for forward travel back to the USA.

3 hours ago, palolake said:

We are on a BTB cruise and this is our last week. We were told by 2 different Princess employees yesterday that a Covid test was required of US citizens after getting off the ship. Is this true? Is this new?

I am not sure if your question is about the back to back portion of the cruise or flying home.  So here is a bit of a blanket reply:

If you are sailing back to back, you will be tested by Princess between sailings.

If you are a US citizen getting off of a cruise that started and ended in a US port and are boarding a domestic flight home then you would not need a Covid test to fly domestic.

if you are a US citizen disembarking in a foreign port negative Covid test is required for an international flight back to USA.  

If you do need a post cruise test here’s what Princess says about that:

B5B3BCC3-DCFB-4C99-B414-9C60A34010D0.thumb.jpeg.fbbd1f73f9c408f25ba20dae254606b9.jpeg

of course as we have all learned Covid protocol is subject to change! 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you end up getting it on your S2S

at the pier before embarkation for the Regal?  

When we got off they told us to take a shuttle to our next pier-That turned out to be the same pier only next day 🙂 We left, went to our hotel and came back the next day and were sent to Yellow line-Sent inside and tested only to on board the ship 30 minutes later. No charge for the test--Only lots of confusion--We will see how it gets handled in a month or so, when we get off the Ruby from going through the Panama only to try and board the Regal for a TA on the same day .

18 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

When we got off they told us to take a shuttle to our next pier-That turned out to be the same pier only next day 🙂 We left, went to our hotel and came back the next day and were sent to Yellow line-Sent inside and tested only to on board the ship 30 minutes later. No charge for the test--Only lots of confusion--We will see how it gets handled in a month or so, when we get off the Ruby from going through the Panama only to try and board the Regal for a TA on the same day .

That’ll be fun!  Well at least you know what to expect!  Unless, they change it.

lol

It would be nice if they would just test you ob the Ruby the day before.  

3 hours ago, WoolworthAdventures said:

Hi there i know it’s off topic or side topic but what is Princess policy on back 2 back cruisers do we get tested at the port or do we have to go into town to get tested thanks ps this would be in Los Angeles 

Yes, you are tested, complimentary by PCL between each turnaround.  Most ships, I’ve heard, are doing it OB the day before the turn around. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

We are on the Sky Princess TA leaving the USA and arriving in the UK.  We are flying back to the USA on disembarkation day and hoping we get a Covid test on the ship the last day of the cruise so we can use that for forward travel back to the USA.

See posting by Shelly97060. Beliw.

She pasted the Post cruise info you wanted from PCL website.

We had our Covid test this morning on the first day of our second cruise. 

The first employee we spoke to only knew that we were wondering about a tour in Florida after disembarkation. He said we needed a Covid test after leaving the ship. 

27 minutes ago, palolake said:

We had our Covid test this morning on the first day of our second cruise. 

The first employee we spoke to only knew that we were wondering about a tour in Florida after disembarkation. He said we needed a Covid test after leaving the ship. 

Must be a lot of new employees.

So are you all okay now?  

They should have given you instructions for your turnaround tmrw.  They will tell you where to meet in the morning 

and they will help you clear customs. Very easy.  There are also instructions if you want to get off the ship and sightsee, etc.

Just go by what instructions you’re given in your cabin and you’ll be fine.

This question had nothing to do with a back to back cruise so forget that I said that 🙂 I have no questions about turnaround day. 

My only question is wondering if we have to have a Covid test after disembarkation if we are US citizens. Because that is what two different employees told us. Is there anyone who recently disembarked a cruise in the US that are US citizens that had to take a Covid test?

17 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

If you do need a post cruise test here’s what Princess says about that:

B5B3BCC3-DCFB-4C99-B414-9C60A34010D0.thumb.jpeg.fbbd1f73f9c408f25ba20dae254606b9.jpeg

of course as we have all learned Covid protocol is subject to change! 

18 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Can change by March 28/22, but as of now Princess says they will test us once we disembark if we have flights home 

1 hour ago, palolake said:

This question had nothing to do with a back to back cruise so forget that I said that 🙂 I have no questions about turnaround day. 

My only question is wondering if we have to have a Covid test after disembarkation if we are US citizens. Because that is what two different employees told us. Is there anyone who recently disembarked a cruise in the US that are US citizens that had to take a Covid test?

I disembarked on 12/30 from LA and did not have to test.

There was no discussion about it.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1