Booking the Wi-Fi package questions

trbarton

I’m on the Majestic Princess next month & when I try & purchase the Wi-Fi package I get an error message that there is a problem with the information I’ve posted or my CC. I’ve been on the chat & they say all of my information is OK plus I’ve reinterred my CC details. Also restarted my computer. 

Anyone else had any problems?

Tom🤔

Past posts have indicated the app did not have the capability of purchasing Internet and it had to be done pre-cruise via phone.

Your experience indicates they are trying to add it to the app and I guess it does not work yet, at least for some users.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Past posts have indicated the app did not have the capability of purchasing Internet and it had to be done pre-cruise via phone.

Your experience indicates they are trying to add it to the app and I guess it does not work yet, at least for some users.

Had no problem purchasing the 4-device WiFi package for my two B2B cruises next month. Bought the first one a month ago; the second a week ago. 

4 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

Had no problem purchasing the 4-device WiFi package for my two B2B cruises next month. Bought the first one a month ago; the second a week ago. 

Do Elite get a discount on wifi packages?

1 minute ago, brisalta said:

How much does a WiFi package cost?

Can you purchase access to WiFi for just one day or a few hours?

The cost of the package depends the length of your cruise. How long is your cruise?

Tom😀

You can add package using live chat.  But they will not be able to collect any money.  It will be added to your final payment.  Discounted price will be reflected with a 50% OBC (still not convinced it is "refundable" OBC/skeptic)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cjpj said:

Do Elite get a discount on wifi packages?

You get a 50% rebate on the amount paid. It will show up on your onboard statement as a credit. For some reason, Princess has not set up the app yet to charge Platinum and Elite passengers half price when they purchase internet packages. 

• Thanks 1

We are platinum. I booked the 4 device package pre-cruise for the Enchanted and on the 1st day on Majestic. We got the 50% discount on both. It is unlimited minutes for the duration of the cruise. As everyone is attached at the hip (ear) to their phone theses days, it’s a good deal

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brisalta said:

Can you purchase access to WiFi for just one day or a few hours?

Individual days are $20 for single device.  If eligible, you get 50% off.  So, if you intend to have internet for at least half the voyage days, may as well buy the full-cruise package at $10/day.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can add package using live chat.  But they will not be able to collect any money.  It will be added to your final payment.  Discounted price will be reflected with a 50% OBC (still not convinced it is "refundable" OBC/skeptic)

I’ve been on live chat but all they did to recheck my Personalizer information which was all correct. My next step is to call Princess which I’ll do tomorrow. 

Tom😀

34 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’ve been on live chat but all they did to recheck my Personalizer information which was all correct. My next step is to call Princess which I’ll do tomorrow. 

Tom😀

Nothing is surprising anymore.  One day this is the policy, the next day it is changed.  

FYI….I had to call Princess on the phone to get the wi-Fi added.  For a 7 day cruise it was $69.93. I’ll get 50% OBC once I’m on the cruise.

You need a lot of patience when you call Princess, which I had. 

Tom😀