Harmony of the Sea week of 1/16

3 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

Just heard they bounced the passenger count on HOTS today’s sailing is 2000 passengers. Nice!

What do you mean bounced?

Harmony of the Seas Ship Profile & Stats

• Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean International
  • Ship Type: Cruise Ship
  • Line Class: Mainstream
  • Registry: Bahamas
  • Year Built: 2016
  • Year Last Refurbished: -
  • Capacity: 6,687 passengers
  • Decks: 16
  • Gross Tonnage: 226,963
  • Length: 1188 ft
  • Beam: 215.5 ft
  • Average Speed: 22 knots
  • Inside Cabins: 448
  • Outside Cabins: 2,299
  • Nationality of Crew: International
  • Number of Crew: 2,193

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

What do you mean bounced?

Harmony of the Seas Ship Profile & Stats

• Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean International
  • Ship Type: Cruise Ship
  • Line Class: Mainstream
  • Registry: Bahamas
  • Year Built: 2016
  • Year Last Refurbished: -
  • Capacity: 6,687 passengers
  • Decks: 16
  • Gross Tonnage: 226,963
  • Length: 1188 ft
  • Beam: 215.5 ft
  • Average Speed: 22 knots
  • Inside Cabins: 448
  • Outside Cabins: 2,299
  • Nationality of Crew: International
  • Number of Crew: 2,193

Yes, sorry. It was “announced”. NOT bounced. damned autocorrect gets me all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Seems ships are trading on and off crew with Vision, Jewel, and Rhapsody; new positives off, those out of quarantine back on and very few 'sick' sick? What is word on crew now; up to strength? Any word on what shows are canceled for example this cruise [16th] if any? Have a great cruise!  Most medical information I'm seeing suggest after this omicron surge, we'll be in endemic stage along with flu, measles, colds and other seasonal stuff.  We can only hope...

On Harmony now. It’s hard to tell approx headcount right now as everyone’s always roaming around the ship the first day which makes things look really busy, but it looks pretty light to me. 
Opening night headliner comedian show took place as well as 1887 Ice Show so things look pretty much normal so far. 
Got a Royal Up from a JS to a CLS so hoping I don’t get exposed and demoted to steerage quarantine.  

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

On Harmony now. It’s hard to tell approx headcount right now as everyone’s always roaming around the ship the first day which makes things look really busy, but it looks pretty light to me. 
Opening night headliner comedian show took place as well as 1887 Ice Show so things look pretty much normal so far. 
Got a Royal Up from a JS to a CLS so hoping I don’t get exposed and demoted to steerage quarantine.  

Glad that your cruise is off to a nice start. Enjoy your week!

16 hours ago, Painter4me said:

Just heard they bounced the passenger count on HOTS today’s sailing is 2000 passengers. Nice!

• And they were all on deck 5 at noon😄 and in the Schooner Bar at 9PM.🤨

Seriously everything is so peaceful. Didn't stop at Coco Cay. On the way out. So maybe we make St Thomas this trip.👍

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Are you going to get to see Grease?  Is Sabor and/or the Solarium Bistro open?

Only show we're seeing listed is 1887. Solarium Bistro is closed. Bar was open though. Similarly with Sabor. But bar is open.

We have UDP and doubling up on spots. 

Jaime's  last night. Must get the Elderberry Spritz. Aracini, Eggplant Parma,real eggplant, not breaded.

Chops wasn't open for breakfast.  Izumi for lunch.

150 Central tonight.

Adding  Solarium deck was almost  empty. 

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Only show we're seeing listed is 1887. Solarium Bistro is closed. Bar was open though. Similarly with Sabor. But bar is open.

We have UDP and doubling up on spots. 

Jaime's  last night. Must get the Elderberry Spritz. Aracini, Eggplant Parma,real eggplant, not breaded.

Chops wasn't open for breakfast.  Izumi for lunch.

150 Central tonight.

Adding  Solarium deck was almost  empty. 

Had 150 CP last night. Ordered the lobster Thermidor and the waitress brought me 2 plates. Excellent as usual. 
Harmony looks like a ghost town today. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, crewsweeper said:
  • And they were all on deck 5 at noon😄 and in the Schooner Bar at 9PM.🤨

Seriously everything is so peaceful. Didn't stop at Coco Cay. On the way out. So maybe we make St Thomas this trip.👍

oh why did you not stop at Coco Cay?  was it the weather?  If so, I am hearing more and more ships not getting in.  Just one more disappointment.   I loved Grease when I was on the harmony in 2016

90.JPG

I was on Harmony last week and this week too. No Grease either weeks unfortunately and St Thomas is cancelled again for this week, as it was for last week. We did visit CocoCay last Saturday and will do again this Saturday. What crewsweeper means by not stopping there is that the Jewel (known as the plague ship!) is moored there. As the other RCI ships leave port in Florida they do a quick stop at CocoCay to offload crew who test positive and take on new ones. And as they don't know how many passengers will actually end up boarding (as many leave testing until they're at the port, then fail), there can be 4 ships converging on CocoCay at the same time to swap crew around depending on how many are needed on each ship. We didn't stop there for crew changes today. Last week when we arrived at the port there was a huge queue for COCID testing. We were told onboard that 1200 passengers had failed their tests in the 2 days since they had to be done.

Edited by Mim Lloyd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Had 150 CP last night. Ordered the lobster Thermidor and the waitress brought me 2 plates. Excellent as usual. 
Harmony looks like a ghost town today. 

DW had that tonight. Veal medallion were good. Braised short ribs could be both appy or entree. Peanut butter chocolate tort wins the dessert race.

Chops looked full but other than than, agree ship seems empty. 

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I was on Harmony last week and this week too. No Grease either weeks unfortunately and St Thomas is cancelled again for this week, as it was for last week. We did visit CocoCay last Saturday and will do again this Saturday. What crewsweeper means by not stopping there is that the Jewel (known as the plague ship!) is moored there. As the other RCI ships leave port in Florida they do a quick stop at CocoCay to offload crew who test positive and take on new ones. And as they don't know how many passengers will actually end up boarding (as many leave testing until they're at the port, then fail), there can be 4 ships converging on CocoCay at the same time to swap crew around depending on how many are needed on each ship. We didn't stop there for crew changes today. Last week when we arrived at the port there was a huge queue for COCID testing. We were told onboard that 1200 passengers had failed their tests in the 2 days since they had to be done.

Mim.  Is the St Thomas cancellation this week official? Or just a crew rumor.? Still on app. Nothing about it on room TVl

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Mim.  Is the St Thomas cancellation this week official? Or just a crew rumor.? Still on app. Nothing about it on room TVl

2 members of staff have each said it's off. Last week, we only had it officially confirmed the day before but I think it's left to last minute in conjunction with St Thomas authorities looking at COVID percentages on individual ships. At least we get compensation if it is cancelled.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Last week when we arrived at the port there was a huge queue for COCID testing. We were told onboard that 1200 passengers had failed their tests in the 2 days since they had to be done.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? 1200 of which passengers? 2 days since what had to be done, testing?

10 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Are you saying that out of the 2743 passengers last week 1200 tested positive for COVID? That doesn't sound right.  PS  I was on last week's sailing

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How much per person to make that upgrade?

I'd bet nothing.  On the TA there were quite a few that received free upgrades to CLS because so few were sold.  They also awarded a few to bingo winners early in the cruise.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Are you saying that out of the 2743 passengers last week 1200 tested positive for COVID? That doesn't sound right.  PS  I was on last week's sailing

I think she means pre boarding So 1200 passengers didn't make the ship. Only 2743 made it on board.

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How much per person to make that upgrade?

I bid $760 pp which was pretty high but I really wanted the upgrade. Also, I had the original JS from a dirt cheap L&S so the CLS only ended up about $1400 pp  A steal for a cabin listed at $6100 pp. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

2 members of staff have each said it's off. Last week, we only had it officially confirmed the day before but I think it's left to last minute in conjunction with St Thomas authorities looking at COVID percentages on individual ships. At least we get compensation if it is cancelled.

Was same exact itinerary for 1/2 Harmony as well.  Three weeks of the same.  😮 

• Like 1