Anyone currently on the Constellation and have a passenger count?

cgolf1

21 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I’ll ask at the front desk tomorrow. I expect numbers to rise now, the anti-maskers are coming back. 
It should be noted, tho, that all the islands this cruise and the Last one, do require masks on shore. 

Thank you we appreciate it. 

I have a new question:

We have the earliest embarkation time scheduled - but it is later than usual...

Does anyone know the time the Connie has been opening for checking on the last few cruises?

We cruise in a little over 3 weeks.

Thanks in Advance!

13 minutes ago, Von & John said:

I have a new question:

Does anyone know the time the Connie has been opening for checking on the last few cruises?

Thanks in Advance!

Noon.  The lines move fast, especially with  only 700 pax on board.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Von & John said:

I have a new question:

Thanks in Advance!

I would suspect when all previous passengers are off and cleaning has been completed.

On Silhouette last summer, we had to be out of our rooms at 08.00.

The previous week embarkation had already started when we arrived at 11.30 and we were told we could proceed, even though our time was noon.

• Thanks 1

Guest Service just told me 700 plus. So, with the last minute cancellations and positive tests, occupancy should be nice and low for the Feb 25th sailing. 

They seem to be sticking to noon, and be cautious of arriving early. Tampa is not like Ft Lauderdale where you can arrive early and camp out while the departing passengers are still leaving.

They actually close the gate to the terminal and make early birds wait in the parking lot  under a tree outside the entrance. It is then a bit of a walk to the luggage collection and the ship. And last week it was COLD. I believe they let people in abound 11:15. Check in lines  were divided by arrival  time on your boarding pass, and they checked. 

They did hustle people off, the final last call “get off the ship! “ was 8:40. 

• Thanks 1

Rather than wait under the tree in the parking lot forget about getting onboard as early as possible just to get one more meal onboard. There is a little asian eatery called Bamboozle within one block of the pier entrance. They have good food and indoor and outdoor seating. Grab lunch there and then take a short walk across the street to board. Way less stressful. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Von & John said:

I have a new question:

Thanks in Advance!

We sail on the Connie in March 18th.  We have a 12:00 check in.  I think that maybe one of the earlier check ins.  We were on the Reflection on Nov & had the 12:00 as well.  They are really sticking to the times they are giving.  We saw people waiting outside the terminal that got there an hour early & couldn’t go in.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 4:42 PM, Auntiemomo said:

We had an oceanview stateroom booked on Deck 3, and we got upgraded at the pier to a concierge stateroom on Deck 8.  What a pleasant surprise.  Got all the CC amenities, including embarkation lunch and champagne.  We had initially tried to bid for upgrade to FV and AQ, but bids were rejected. 

One of the medical officers told me they are using the deck 3 staterooms for crew overflow.  Quarantine if needed was on Deck 2 and Deck 7.  Don't know where on the ship.  I asked out stateroom attendant how many cabins he had, and he told me just five.  They have more crew than pax.

Just curious, we were on the Edge in August & Reflection in November & the Embarkment lunch for Concierge was not on Embarkment Day, it was midweek.  Was your lunch aboard the Connie the day of Embarkment? 

10 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

We sail on the Connie in March 18th.  We have a 12:00 check in.  I think that maybe one of the earlier check ins.  We were on the Reflection on Nov & had the 12:00 as well.  They are really sticking to the times they are giving.  We saw people waiting outside the terminal that got there an hour early & couldn’t go in.

We'll see you at check-in...

Edited by Von & John

3 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

Just curious, we were on the Edge in August & Reflection in November & the Embarkment lunch for Concierge was not on Embarkment Day, it was midweek.  Was your lunch aboard the Connie the day of Embarkment? 

Yes.  We were prepared to head to the OV for lunch, but when we got upgraded to CC, it was a pleasant surprise.  Either way, there was no fighting the crowds based on the numbers embarked.

Just now, Wineaux007 said:

Yes.  We were prepared to head to the OV for lunch, but when we got upgraded to CC, it was a pleasant surprise.  Either way, there was no fighting the crowds based on the numbers embarked.

Do you know the hours they offered the Concierge Lunch on Embarkation day?

1 minute ago, Wineaux007 said:

We always book CC & we’re disappointed that they took the embankment lunch away on the last 2 cruises.  They substituted it with lunch during the week in the dining room, which is no big deal since the dining room is open for lunch on sea days.  So glad to hear it’s back!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Von & John said:

I have a new question:

Thanks in Advance!

In January the earliest was 11:00 to get in the gate then 11:30 to get in the building, except for the highest level suites who could enter at 11:00.  But even then we had to wait a bit in the suites area (not nice like FLL) before we could board. Do not show up earlier in Tampa!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good Afternoon  --

Anyone currently on the 03/07 Cruise - know the # of passengers on-board?

Or anyone who just got off the 02/25 Cruise - know the # of passenger on-board your cruise?

Thanks  --  Von

Edited by Von & John

I believe the earliest embarkation slot in Tampa is 12 noon.   Arrived about 11:15 and were not allowed to proceed to the terminal and had to wait in a grassy area in the parking lot.   After a few minutes the cop allowed us to proceed to the terminal.   I wouldn't arrive in Tampa before 11:30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Von & John said:

Good Afternoon  --

Anyone currently on the 03/07 Cruise - know the # of passengers on-board?

Or anyone who just got off the 02/25 Cruise - know the # of passenger on-board your cruise?

Thanks  --  Von

The 2/25 cruise had 633 passengers with no children.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...