Can I control two bookings?

Tedferg

We booked and paid for two cabins on Majestic Feb 19, 2022, cancelled and booked Majestic April 2,2022. Wife and I in one cabin, daughter and granddaughter in the other. Princess will not discuss FCC etc. for second cabin and if daughter could not take Apr 2 cruise, then FCC goes to their account. I understand that Princess sees the occupants as the owner of the booking and does not factor in which credit card is used, except that any cash refund goes back to that credit card.

This must happen often when parents or grandparents book a second cabin for children. Is there a way for one person to be able to manage both bookings?

I have seen schemes where people put DH in one cabin and DW in second cabin, but this is cumbersome and gaming the system. Even then, if FCC results it would still go to children's accounts.

Good Question.  I have nothing to add in providing an answer, but will read along as the experts weigh in.  

We have not yet taken our adult children and their families, but are considering this if we can ever arrive on the backside of COVID.  I would like to be able to control all the bookings.

Don

Yes.. I've just done it recently for my adult daughter. 

All you need is the app and booking number to control reservations, credit card info, etc.

Make sure to use your email for both bookings so all notifications come to you.

Easy peasy.

• Like 1

I believe the OP wants more than seeing the other booking in MC App.  Wants to be able to discuss anything about the res with Princess reps.

I don't think it games the system unless the split is done in order to get double Elite benefits such as the mini-bar.  Lots of parents do it for minor children (but that isn't OP case).

@Tedferg, I will be looking for a good answer here, but you can have control of the booking knowing Name, BD, Booking Nbr.  If your daughter gives you her PCL login and pswd, you also have control online and via the App.  I guess you just want to know how to be able to talk to a PCL rep? 

10 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Princess will not discuss FCC etc. for second cabin .... Is there a way for one person to be able to manage both bookings?

I didn't have any issue discussing with my PVP when I booked 5 rooms back in 2015. Have you asked your PVP why it's an issue now? And yes, sadly, they would own the FCC. My granddaughter won't be vaxed so can't cruise (her dad's decision) so her goodwill FCC will expire (I chose 100% refund + FCC)

Edited by Ombud

Can you get your daughter to provide an authorization to Princess to allow you to manage their cabin? 

With the email coming to you (set up a different new gmail for your daughter for Princess cruises - both you and she can log into it from your own devices) 

and having the booking #, you can do most things online and on the app.  

Make sure the bookings are "linked"  by Princess in their system. 

The only other option is to transfer the booking to a local travel agent - explain to the agent, have daughter authorize you to agent, then agent will deal with you for both cabins and agent will deal with Princess on your behalf.  

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

Thanks for informative responses, clears up most points. The difficulty I had was with Chat, perhaps a new hire. Live phone calls would be easier to ask for help.

FCC is what got me going on this and I am amazed that there is no way for it to revert to my account.

Hopefully Omicron will subside, and April 2 cruise will take place so no FCC.

• Like 1

FCC is always tied to the traveler, not the person paying for the cruise.  Have seen lots of people trying to argue that they bought five cabins and should get all the FCC.  Doesn't work that way.

Similar problem with onboard credit.  Even if your credit card is tied to another room's folio their onboard credit often will not pay for room charges on your folio.  Guest Services can fix this but you can lose OBC by not having that person "pay" for something onboard.

22 minutes ago, LeeW said:

FCC is always tied to the traveler, not the person paying for the cruise.  Have seen lots of people trying to argue that they bought five cabins and should get all the FCC.  Doesn't work that way.

I understand and most times it does not matter. Just now with cancellations and FCC. I would think that a lot of Seniors buy cruises for family members and would lose out when those family members cannot reschedule.