Caution ordering Covid Tests from Emed

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

Jim,

Any idea how long they are good for?  We sail on March 28 and trying to figure out when to order...

Everything I have been seeing so far on this thread is kits currently being received have an expiration date of Nov-Dec 2022 prior to extension.   

I hear everyone's positive reports of Emed.   I've been very disappointed in my experience.   As I said they have never answered any of my enquirers via their portal messaging system.

I tried to check the status of my order today and it still shows -

image.thumb.png.59052f6f8a4506da350620eb4bc1dd04.png

At first I though I had gone nuts because I was sure I saw a message about my shipment yesterday.   I looked through my mail and nothing from Emed.    I then looked for FedEx. and there was a message saying your package is on the way and a tracking number.

The good news it's from EMed but the reference number doesn't match my order number.   At least it shows it is in Oakland and scheduled for delivery today.

2022-01-21_7-34-16.jpg

OP, that was my experience with my 3rd order from eMed.  I ordered from eMed on 1/1/2022.  The status stayed Pending until AFTER the boxes were delivered on 1/6.

I ended up with 2 sets of tests (one from Optum via the Celebrity portal, one ordered directly from eMed), which will work for me (3 planned cruises this year + weekly maintenance testing).

I am glad you have time until your cruise, and hopefully you chuckle... LATER... like I now do!

16 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

OP, that was my experience with my 3rd order from eMed.  I ordered from eMed on 1/1/2022.  The status stayed Pending until AFTER the boxes were delivered on 1/6.

I ended up with 2 sets of tests (one from Optum via the Celebrity portal, one ordered directly from eMed), which will work for me (3 planned cruises this year + weekly maintenance testing).

I am glad you have time until your cruise, and hopefully you chuckle... LATER... like I now do!

Agree with you.  The light is always brighter on the other side of the tunnel.  

I'll report back and the expiration dates once I receive today. 

I think the government giving Test kits to all American's gratis will have a positive effect on the demand for these kits.   I may be wrong but I think many were ordering them because they couldn't get the other ones.

35 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I hear everyone's positive reports of Emed.   I've been very disappointed in my experience.   As I said they have never answered any of my enquirers via their portal messaging system.

At first I though I had gone nuts because I was sure I saw a message about my shipment yesterday.   I looked through my mail and nothing from Emed.    I then looked for FedEx. and there was a message saying your package is on the way and a tracking number.

The good news it's from EMed but the reference number doesn't match my order number.   At least it shows it is in Oakland and scheduled for delivery today.

2022-01-21_7-34-16.jpg

Interesting, mine came from Kentucky, so the must have different fulfillment centers. 

Might explain why the processing differs. (along with huge demand) 

If you have tests you aren't going to use I'd look into ways to donate or give away. I keep thinking how many tests might expire and go to waste. Would be nice if the cruise lines had a box where extra kits could be dropped. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sippican said:

Where did you get this info. I can't find anything that the FDA approved the 15 months?

[Sorry to share this way. I can’t figure out how to get the quote to post, so I’m cutting and pasting.]

I found this earlier today in post #50 above:

“Back in Sept I had ordered a 6 pk from eMed.  Thought nothing about looking for an expiration date.  Was planning on using 2 in Oct, 2 in Dec and 2 in Feb.  When I finally did look at the exp date, they had expired before I even ordered them.  But that was when the exp date had been extended 3 months.  

A couple of weeks ago I called eMed since my final 2 would be unusable (expired from original extention).  Below is the email I received after going back and forth with them a few times.

So my final 2 kits will still be good for our Feb 25 cruise.”

Kenya (eMed)

Jan 12, 2022, 5:11 PM EST

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting eMed.

Effective immediately, the test kits that have an original expiration date of September 2021, October 2021, and November 2021 have since been extended for an additional 6 months by the FDA. This means their updated expiration dates are now **March 2022, April 2022, and May 2022.

**The updated expiration date will be determined by the date you have on each test kit. Please take a look at the date next to the hourglass on the white label to find the original expiration date. Once you locate the original date, you will then add an additional 6 months to determine your kit’s updated expiration date.

For example, if your current expiration date is September 6, 2021, your new expiration date is now March 6, 2022.

Please note, if your purchase was made on or after December 1, 2021, you should have received test kits with an expiration date in October 2022 or November 2022. These particular kits are not under the extension at this time due to the fact that they were recently manufactured.

When you are ready to test, please visit www.emed.com and click on "start testing".  Once your test kit expiration date falls within the aforementioned dates, you will be able to test with no issues.

For more information regarding the expiration date extension, you may visit www.fda.gov or click on the actual link to the FDA extension letter:  https://www.fda.gov/media/155326/download

Thank you for choosing eMed.

Best regards,

eMed Customer Support Team 

Edited 2 hours ago by lkj1301 

Edited by JaneStarr
Added info. Corrected that post was in this same topic thread, not a different one.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

2022-01-21_7-34-16.jpg

I would just order again, and if I was charged twice dispute one of the charges..you experience seems to be the outlier here. Good luck. 

7 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I would just order again, and if I was charged twice dispute one of the charges..you experience seems to be the outlier here. Good luck. 

I finally got my kits today after 9 days.   

By the way it is still showing pending on my Order Status. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

December 09, 2022

Thanks. I placed my order for March and April cruises based on this thread. Rather than waiting and risking they’d be sold out. Hopefully ours will arrive reasonably soon.

We would have preferred another shipping option than 2 day FedEx which we didn’t need.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:56 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Wanted to give a heads up on EMed.com.

I ordered a 6 pack form emed.com on 1/12 and my order is still sitting there indicated approved but not shipping advice.  I called once after 4  days and they said they should ship soon. Nothing.   I've left messages twice using their portal and have received no reply.  

I'll be calling again tomorrow and insisting a commitmet ship date or cancellation.

In my case the package showed up 3 days before the shipping email.

I bet they’ll ship soon, but it is wise to plan ahead!

It’s all getting so confusing, we love to book last minute cruises and this testing is getting to me, we used the self test in December and will do it again in March feel like I am waiting for a pregnancy result line to show and I’m 65. . 

• Haha 1

I wanted to give a (i hope) final update. 

After 14 days I finally received a message to my numerous inquiries about my order -

Even though I received my kits their records show the order was never filled and I would automatically receive a refund to my credit card.   I won't hold my breath about anything automatic with them but will update if I get a refund.

image.thumb.png.b03f0f9cec6749f8239826501992460f.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We ordered on the 20th.  I called the evening of the 24th and the person I spoke with could not confirm anything about the order except that it was pending. Later that night I got a text from fedex saying they were picked up and would be delivered on the 25th.  They arrived that afternoon.  Expiration date is 12/2/22.  Was hoping they would be good for our December cruise.

The charge on our credit card is still pending today.  Hell of a way to run a business.

We ordered from eMed on Thursday Jan 20th. Our online account still said pending and no tracking info was available. We received the order on Tuesday January 25. Our account still said pending with no tracking info. 

This morning we received two emails stating that our order had shipped and provided the tracking numbers.

The expiration date for our order is Jan 3, 2023.

It seems like they have them in stock and generally ship them reasonably quickly however, they seem to have a backlog of updating accounts.

Our cruises aren't until March and April so we're happy to have them in house and ready to use when the time comes.

They must be catching up.   

Even though I got an email from FedEx and the kits the next day EMed still shows mine as pending and I was never charged for the 6 kits.   I called today and spoke to a call center in India.    They said there was a note on the order saying the kits were gratis due to our long wait time.  

OK --- I'll take it.   

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Slightly off topic but on USPS informed delivery this morning it says my Free non-Monitored Covid tests will be delivered today.    When it rains it pours.

I came to this thread to report the same.

My 4 free non-monitored ones arrived today in the regular mail as well and,  Surprise!! they are our old friends,  Binax Now.  Expiration date on them is  November 22, 2022

one - wish I had some Abbot stock

two-  if they are doing fulfilment for all the Gov't / Post Office  ordered ones, no wonder there have been delays

three -  I also ordered proctored ones as a Walgreen's  back up for my upcoming cruises on Jan 25, they are scheduled for delivery Mon Jan. 31.  So a  little slower than previous orders, but not unacceptable. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle