Diamond Club complimentary drinks

twonpcb

Okay...

So, my wife seldom drinks four drinks in a day...and, since we have zero sea days on our upcoming 8 night Vision Med cruise...and we're likely maximizing time in port...and doing some wine tasting tours, I'm sure she will drink, maybe, a pre-dinner drink and a glass of wine--maybe two at most--at dinner...

So, the question is:  Can I drink what she doesn't?  Do we have to charge the drinks four on each card...or is it 8 for the two of us?  How do they account for it? 

9 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Okay...

So, my wife seldom drinks four drinks in a day...and, since we have zero sea days on our upcoming 8 night Vision Med cruise...and we're likely maximizing time in port...and doing some wine tasting tours, I'm sure she will drink, maybe, a pre-dinner drink and a glass of wine--maybe two at most--at dinner...

So, the question is:  Can I drink what she doesn't?  Do we have to charge the drinks four on each card...or is it 8 for the two of us?  How do they account for it? 

Each C&A member is charged. So per Seapass card. I see nothing wrong with you drinking the drinks she doesn't want. I have in the past when we use to only get 3 drinks loaded on our Seapass cards during the C&A HH to have at other bars. 

Edited by davekathy

7 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Okay...

We just got off Navigator. We only used my card for the whole trip. Every night the drinks were compiled and added to one card,  oddly it was her's which she never used. Final morning I had no problem getting a Bloody Mary in Windjammer for breakfast with no charge.  If you go over on a drink price the difference is added to your bill.  A $14.95 Royal Zombie in the Bamboo room was charged $1.28. Had a bartender in Schooner's and at the Plaza Bar go old school, they looked at the card , saw the word Diamond and just handed it back and gave us our drinks. We always tip a dollar a drink. 

8 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We just got off Navigator. We only used my card for the whole trip. Every night the drinks were compiled and added to one card,  oddly it was her's which she never used. Final morning I had no problem getting a Bloody Mary in Windjammer for breakfast with no charge.  If you go over on a drink price the difference is added to your bill.  A $14.95 Royal Zombie in the Bamboo room was charged $1.28. Had a bartender in Schooner's and at the Plaza Bar go old school, they looked at the card , saw the word Diamond and just handed it back and gave us our drinks. We always tip a dollar a drink. 

Weird. Interested in hearing if that was ship/your cruise specific or fleetwide. 

Edited by davekathy

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Weird. Interested in hearing if that was ship/your cruise specific or fleetwide. 

On Harmony, we used one card.  When that was done, we used the other card.  At the end of the night if there was any leftover, got an unopened beer, a water, or an after dinner drink to take back to the stateroom.  

• Like 1

It was on Navigator last week.  Only time my wife took out her card was for getting the two DL pictures, dinging on and off at the ports and entering Windjammer. Neither of us showed a card for the ice show.  Because of my sons family all getting Covid we missed meeting for breakfast at Disney Walk and ended up getting to the port 2 hours before our checkin time, walked on no problem with no one checking times. Ship sailed with 546 passengers. MTD and early dining was packed with tables inches apart. We had asked for a two top on the balcony which was deck 4 for everyone. That is what we got and there were only 10 - 12 guests eating with us,  tables spaced yards apart. By night 4 about 30 or so other diners had opted to move upstairs also.  We sat upstairs with the unvaxed for all the shows and never wore a mask. No spacing at all on the bottom showroom floor and if you had a drink you could take off your mask.. Windjammer open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ice show had no restriction seating on one side and in the front, and it was full, Starboard side was unvaxed and that is where we sat with less than a dozen people.  Great cruise.. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I get that. Not the same experience what @taglovestocruise had.

I can only tell you my experience on Harmony.  We were dining with a P and 2 D+ couples.  One of the P's did not drink, so when we ordered wine for dinner, the P chimed up to put our 4 drinks on his card and his wife's on her card.  

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

I can only tell you my experience on Harmony.  We were dining with a P and 2 D+ couples.  One of the P's did not drink, so when we ordered wine for dinner, the P chimed up to put our 4 drinks on his card and his wife's on her card.  

Not sure what tier level has to do with anything, but I believe what your experience was. Just saying what you experienced is not the same what @taglovestocruise experienced. And I'm not doubting @taglovestocruiseexperience either. First I've heard of it. 

Edited by davekathy

44 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not sure what tier level has to do with anything, but I believe what your experience was. Just saying what you experienced is not the same what @taglovestocruise experienced. And I'm not doubting @taglovestocruiseexperience either. First I've heard of it. 

Tier level had nothing to do with anything.  Just annotating my experience  of using vouchers amongst others.  Maybe different experiences on other ships.

Regarding using one card or both, I've noticed (currently on Navigator, and also on the ships I was on in Nov/Dec) a tendency for staff to ask for Room Number rather than swiping the card.  

I'm assuming that when all drinks were put on "one card" that anything beyond the available number of daily vouchers was automatically charged to the other person's available vouchers, even though the server didn't have the physical card in their hand at the time they were charging to it, because of it being the same room number. Something like: Swipe Card A, no vouchers available, see Card B on same account with vouchers available, click button for Card B, apply vouchers to drinks.  They don't have to have your card to charge to your account -- they just need to know your room number (which they do when they swipe the first card).  

In the nightclub the other night on Navigator, the server didn't ask for my friend's card when he ordered a drink (I had already handed my card over when I placed my order, and specified I was using a Diamond voucher).  When the drinks arrived, the server said he charged them both to my vouchers.  My friend has the drink package (he's lower than Diamond), so the next time we ordered a round, we had them charge both drinks to my friend's DBP to make up for the fact that they charged my voucher for his drink that should have been charged to his DBP.  

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

A $14.95 Royal Zombie in the Bamboo room was charged $1.28.

I got a Banana Daiquiri in the Bamboo Room -- was charged $1.00 + 18% gratuity = $1.18.

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Had a bartender in Schooner's and at the Plaza Bar go old school, they looked at the card , saw the word Diamond and just handed it back and gave us our drinks. We always tip a dollar a drink. 

I often had a similar experience during my B2B on Allure.  The waiters that knew me would just hand me back my card without swiping it or charging it via room number.  (I also always tip a dollar a drink.)