Diamond Club complimentary drinks

twonpcb

My husband and I are both Diamond members.  We have not cruised since the pandemic began so we are a little behind on the latest RCI procedures.  As I understand things, the “Diamond Club” has basically gone away and your card has been “loaded” with three complimentary cocktails that you can enjoy at any bar throughout the ship.  Back in the day when we had the Diamond club gatherings in the actual Diamond Club, if it was Saturday night I would enjoy my weekly vodka martini on every Saturday night.  My question is that will my Saturday night martini be included in my three “free” drinks?

DL still exist and offers hors d' oeuvres nightly. No longer unlimited drinks and you'll have to use your vouchers.  Open during the day...coffee machine still available.

Diamonds now get 4 drinks loaded in their seapass card...you can use it all day, pretty much everywhere with a few exceptions...can't use it at Starbucks, bionic bar, or Rising Tides bar.

Vouchers are good for  drinks $13 or less.  You are charged for anything more than $13 plus tips.

You can also use your vouchers for coffee, water, sodas, etc.

In our experience, the vouchers have been available upon embarkation and morning of disembarkation.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

Vouchers are available and loaded on your Sea Pass each day of your cruise, starting with Day 1.  The poster was referring to the morning you disembark from your cruise.

People posted they could find a open bar and get a drink before disembarking too. A extra day.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

Vouchers are available and loaded on your Sea Pass each day of your cruise, starting with Day 1.  The poster was referring to the morning you disembark from your cruise.

Thanks. Some have reported that they are available for use on the last morning. Although we are not really into drinking that early. The posts mentioned Mimosas and coffee with Bailey's. :classic_smile: I thought about that, but I always think of us "departing" as we sail away. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

On Harmony we were allowed to use our vouchers at Rising Tides, but not Starbucks or the Bionic Bar.

We also could get a bloody mary at the windjammer on the day of disembarkation.  I wonder if those who said you couldn't actually tried to and were denied?

3 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

On Harmony we were allowed to use our vouchers at Rising Tides, but not Starbucks or the Bionic Bar.

We also could get a bloody mary at the windjammer on the day of disembarkation.  I wonder if those who said you couldn't actually tried to and were denied?

We used our vouchers on Rising Tide on Allure

We were able to get lattes in Cafe Promenade on debarkation day on both Independence and Harmony AND we were able to on turn around morning for our B2Bs without it affecting our 5 drinks for day 1 of the second cruise.

Also were able to use vouchers in Rising Tide on both Allure and Harmony.

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Are you departing ON your cruise or FROM your cruise?😇

Embarkation is the day you get on the ship; debarkation day is the day you get off the ship.

About that coffee machine - last week on Odyssey, the coffee machine was only available for a few hours in the morning, and during happy hour.  However, it was free and didn't count against your preloaded drinks.

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

Embarkation is the day you get on the ship; debarkation day is the day you get off the ship.

About that coffee machine - last week on Odyssey, the coffee machine was only available for a few hours in the morning, and during happy hour.  However, it was free and didn't count against your preloaded drinks.

Hello,

If you say 'debark' when you disembark a ship, why don't you say 'bark' when you embark the ship?

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Many use debarkation day as the day your cruise ends

Should be disembarkation.

Debarking is either surgically removing a dogs ability to bark or removing the bark from a log before processing.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

If you say 'debark' when you disembark a ship, why don't you say 'bark' when you embark the ship?

Regards,

Cublet

I remember asking once at church, "If the prelude is before service, and the postlude is after the service, is the service itself a 'lude'?"  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

State laws may be where the variations come from.
Texas (TABC) has rules that can affect the Deluxe Beverage Package but maybe there is another rule against "free" drinks while in Texas waters.    

“State law and TABC rules prohibit any practice which could reasonably be interpreted to allow or encourage overconsumption of alcohol. This includes “all you can drink” packages or other promotions which allow unlimited alcohol for a buy-in price. These standards would apply to any alcoholic beverages served or sold within Texas territory, including any waters over which Texas claims jurisdiction. Once a vessel is outside of Texas territory, the state’s laws no longer apply.”

4 hours ago, SRF said:

Should be disembarkation.

Debarking is either surgically removing a dogs ability to bark or removing the bark from a log before processing.

Should be milled after removing the bark ,that's the log not the dog 🤣

6 hours ago, sjb317 said:

We were able to get lattes in Cafe Promenade on debarkation day on both Independence and Harmony AND we were able to on turn around morning for our B2Bs without it affecting our 5 drinks for day 1 of the second cruise.

Also were able to use vouchers in Rising Tide on both Allure and Harmony.

Sherri🙂

Was hoping to on a B2b in transit day get some grouch swing top or a screw cap beer before pinging off 🤔