Silhouette connecting cabin question

whoshwhosh

We will be sailing on the Silhouette and have connecting cabins 9290 and 9288.  How do the cabins connect?  A door in the common wall like in a hotel or a shared entry from each cabins exterior doors? Does anyone have pics of this? Just wanting to know what to expect. Thanks for any replies.

58 minutes ago, keesar said:

I recall the door being in the common wall just as you enter your room.  

Only on the Reflection. On all the other S-class ships, including the Silhouette, the cabins “connect” only through, in the OP’s words, a shared entry from the exterior doors.  No connecting doors inside the cabins themselves. 

There are photos in this thread (and note the comments about how the bathroom doors open):

Edited by Turtles06

Hi - these older threads give good explanations and show photos with the outer hall doors both open and closed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2432897-connecting-door-on-solstice-noise-problem/

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/1687579-silhouette-interconnecting-cabins/

The Solstice and the Silhouette have similar layouts, so same info applies to both.

• 1 year later...

Were off on Silhouette next month and just realised we have an adjoining cabin, but we are not going with anyone else so this wont be used as such. In relation to the other posts, about brown doors making a sort of vestibule and yellow doors being the main doors to your suite, does this mean that the cabin is smaller in length [entrance door to veranda] than the normal " non adjoining cabins"

7 hours ago, Scotty2411 said:

Were off on Silhouette next month and just realised we have an adjoining cabin, but we are not going with anyone else so this wont be used as such. In relation to the other posts, about brown doors making a sort of vestibule and yellow doors being the main doors to your suite, does this mean that the cabin is smaller in length [entrance door to veranda] than the normal " non adjoining cabins"

Cabins are identical internally. The extra space needed the vestibule needed is created by the shape of the corridor. As you not using the "connected"  feature the outer doors remain locked into the walls and are virtually invisible - just a darker wall panel.

Just some pics to illustrate...This first one i pinched off Cruisedeckplans because somehow I never took a pic of non-connecting cabins.  It's from Equinox.

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

This next is also from Equinox but it is a connecting cabin.  The only difference is the wall on the side is a door...see the handle.  If you look at the other side, there is a door but no handle.  So if you weren't looking you wouldn't see the difference.  You might also notice the door handle for the cabin is on the opposite side:

:00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

And here is the 'connecting' door half closed:

And here is one with both doors closed:

I hope this makes it a little clearer than mud...  EM

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Just some pics to illustrate...This first one i pinched off Cruisedeckplans because somehow I never took a pic of non-connecting cabins.  It's from Equinox.

This next is also from Equinox but it is a connecting cabin.  The only difference is the wall on the side is a door...see the handle.  If you look at the other side, there is a door but no handle.  So if you weren't looking you wouldn't see the difference.  You might also notice the door handle for the cabin is on the opposite side:

:00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

And here is the 'connecting' door half closed:

And here is one with both doors closed:

I hope this makes it a little clearer than mud...  EM

Great set of pics. Just to be clear the outer (brown doors) are only released for use by guests who have booked "adjoining cabins" - if you are allocated one of these as a conventional cabin the brown doors are locked in place and just become a wall.