Princess unable to adjust for price drop--had to rebook & cancel the original booking!

KKB

I used Live Chat after being on hold on the phone for an hour.

I did have to click on Live Chat numerous times over the afternoon but once it went thru it wasn't terribly long.

I just got back on Live Chat to cancel & it went SUPER fast!

(It was $360 cheaper for the same cabin class & perks)

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, KKB said:

I used Live Chat after being on hold on the phone for an hour.

I did have to click on Live Chat numerous times over the afternoon but once it went thru it wasn't terribly long.

I just got back on Live Chat to cancel & it went SUPER fast!

(It was $360 cheaper for the same cabin class & perks)

I tried the same with Live Chat but the person was not sure if they could transfer my FCD that I had used as it was over 2 years since it was issued.

Might try calling PCVP on Monday as they seem to have access to more options.

11 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

This is where a PVP is helpful.  Mine has refared every price drop before and after final payment with no problems whatsoever.  And either calls or e-mails me back the same day.

This is my experience too.  I just had one a couple of weeks ago where I noticed the cabin right next to mine was $200 cheaper than what I had paid.  I immediately emailed my PVP and asked if I could get that fare.  10 minutes later she responded that it was done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

This is where a PVP is helpful.  Mine has refared every price drop before and after final payment with no problems whatsoever.  And either calls or e-mails me back the same day.

Same for us. Our pvp is a marvel.

• Like 1

I ran into this problem this week. The second rep I spoke with made it seem possible. But I was trying to add Princess Plus to my booking too, and while she could see it on her computer before making the change, it disappeared afterward. Rep #3 couldn't see the deal I saw online. She said to see if the website would let me complete the booking. I did. Rep #4, though, couldn't get the new fare applied to the old booking. Rep #5 canceled my original booking without telling me about the consequences of doing so. Reps #6-8 ran into the same problem #2 had at getting Princess Plus to show up on the booking. Rep #9 worked it out.

I find this a terrible problem - I hate endlessly bothering our vacation planner, Matt. I We have several upcoming trips for 2022 and 2023 planned and then they all change prices. It's also ridiculous they keep giving the new prices new booking numbers and I have to rebook airfare. I'm not booking tours because I know they will also get dropped. I also take a screen shot of the price in case he does not respond quickly. I don't understand why Princess thinks this is an acceptable waste of their planners time.

30 minutes ago, paulandjoyce said:

I find this a terrible problem - I hate endlessly bothering our vacation planner, Matt. I We have several upcoming trips for 2022 and 2023 planned and then they all change prices. It's also ridiculous they keep giving the new prices new booking numbers and I have to rebook airfare. I'm not booking tours because I know they will also get dropped. I also take a screen shot of the price in case he does not respond quickly. I don't understand why Princess thinks this is an acceptable waste of their planners time.

Think of  this in reverse, Princess is endlessly bothering YOU the customer and you don't want to pay more then the current published fare. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, 1emerald1 said:

What is PVP?  I booked with a pricess cruise person back in January and I've had price adjustments and I've had to change the cruise several times with no issues up UNTIL now, under 30 days to sail.  STUPID.  I can't get my Princess travel guy to adjust it, he says it won't let him and his boss said he can't do it.  I called the 1800 number and she couldn't do it.  We said July 23.  Cruise is paid in full now all of a sudden they cannot adjust the prices.  It is huge too - 1500 difference.

1 hour ago, sumbuddy said:

What is PVP?  I booked with a pricess cruise person back in January and I've had price adjustments and I've had to change the cruise several times with no issues up UNTIL now, under 30 days to sail.  STUPID.  I can't get my Princess travel guy to adjust it, he says it won't let him and his boss said he can't do it.  I called the 1800 number and she couldn't do it.  We said July 23.  Cruise is paid in full now all of a sudden they cannot adjust the prices.  It is huge too - 1500 difference.

After Final Payment, it is less likely that you will be able to refare.

Some people have been successful, but many have not.

• Like 2