Am I seeing the current fares correctly?

tjcletzgo

don't know where you are, but if you want to cruise out of the LA area - balconys for the 7 day cruises are running from $400 to under $600 per person for March and April.

Anyone who has to fly to a port city is taking a chance with booking flights, hotel the night before and then testing two days prior to test for covid.  At this time I would not fly to cruise.  Since we live in the LA area, we are stuck going to Mexico, and California Coast.

Hopefully, summer will bring an end to covid, testing and we can travel without fear of being thrown overboard.

TA at $50 a day per person/balcony....thus we booked our first Princess cruise......It's cheaper than what we would spend hanging around home!

(but the medallion app experience may make it the last, no matter the bargain price!...LOL)

• Like 2

My wife and I just booked the 15 day transatlantic Fort Lauderdale, Azores, D Day Beach, Spain, and London for $589 on the Caribe deck (approx $50 per day per person).

My CVP told me Princess is running a limited time sale for past passengers with balconies priced the same as interior staterooms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

TA at $50 a day per person/balcony....thus we booked our first Princess cruise......It's cheaper than what we would spend hanging around home!

(but the medallion app experience may make it the last, no matter the bargain price!...LOL)

If you don't want to use the app, you don't have to. I have taken several cruises and not used the features of the app. I was able to get along fine without it. Of course, that was back before Princess switched to Dine My Way for reservations and did away with traditional dining.

4 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

My wife and I just booked the 15 day transatlantic Fort Lauderdale, Azores, D Day Beach, Spain, and London for $589 on the Caribe deck (approx $50 per day per person).

My CVP told me Princess is running a limited time sale for past passengers with balconies priced the same as interior staterooms.

Did your TA say when that sale will end? I just noticed the pricing today. 

14 hours ago, geoherb said:

If you don't want to use the app, you don't have to. I have taken several cruises and not used the features of the app. I was able to get along fine without it. Of course, that was back before Princess switched to Dine My Way for reservations and did away with traditional dining.

My experience thus far (first timer on Princess) is related to the boarding stuff.  If I succeed getting that done (which I am praising the tech gods because I am green) I'm planning to be done with the app once I board....And it's none of my business but a medallion app onboard that opens my door does not seem like it is worth the struggle...but we shall see. 

Regarding "did away with traditional dining"---I did sign up successfully (after several struggles with spinning wheels and white screens) for same night, same time, same dining room and I hope that means same waiters....If it ends up that I am standing in line every night to wave my medallion and I get difference tables and waiters every night then I can safely say that this will be my first and last Princess cruise (Traditional dining in the MDR  is one of the top things that makes cruising so enjoyable for us). Fingers crossed.  This stuff should not be this hard!

4 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Regarding "did away with traditional dining"---I did sign up successfully (after several struggles with spinning wheels and white screens) for same night, same time, same dining room and I hope that means same waiters....If it ends up that I am standing in line every night to wave my medallion and I get difference tables and waiters every night then I can safely say that this will be my first and last Princess cruise (Traditional dining in the MDR  is one of the top things that makes cruising so enjoyable for us). Fingers crossed.  This stuff should not be this hard!

Traditional dining for those of us who like a large table--where a group of strangers the first night becomes friends by the end of the cruise--is gone. If you want the same table for just the people in your party, at the same time, and with the same waiters, you should be able to make it happen. But I do wonder how well even that will work out when Princess gets back closer to full occupancy on its sailings. 

13 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Traditional dining for those of us who like a large table--where a group of strangers the first night becomes friends by the end of the cruise--is gone. If you want the same table for just the people in your party, at the same time, and with the same waiters, you should be able to make it happen. But I do wonder how well even that will work out when Princess gets back closer to full occupancy on its sailings. 

Good...I hope you are correct at least for our upcoming March cruise.....it's a table for just Her Majesty and I. 

51 minutes ago, geoherb said:

So sad to read how well you stated the end of traditional dining.  Princess should bring back at least one TD option/time and let the rest of the DRs and times go to DMW!!

I am beginning to see a pattern between the new replacing everything old - a little of both is better!  Let passengers decide for themselves a little at a time - get them comfortable with the changes and you might find some people might like the new way and change.  One size does not fit all.

Where have we heard recently the phrase “my choice”!