Any details on possible big Celebrity Sale coming in FEB?

happy cruzer

21 hours ago, cdn_tbird said:

I didn't think X gave extra OBC. You learn something new everyday. Certainly something to look into when booking our next cruise.  Thanks.

That woks fine if you can use the non-refundable OBC.  We prefer to use a TA who gives use refundable OBC as we always have more OBC than we use.  That unused refundable OBC goes back on our credit card or can be taken in cash on the last night of the cruise.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, gotcha3 said:

I've never had to do that. I have a Celebrity planner who will match any legitimate deals with just a screenshot and verification. Gift card extras are matched with OBC. We get the best service and can communicate by phone or email.

Would you please elaborate on this and if you can remember, what is the largest amount of nonrefundable OBC you have received from Celebrity? The reason I ask is because before the pandemic, we were told by our CVP the same thing. However, when we produced a web site screen shot of the advertised deal our TA was offering, it was subsequently rejected our CVP's supervisor. The total amount of nonrefundable OBC would have been $800.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

That woks fine if you can use the non-refundable OBC.  We prefer to use a TA who gives use refundable OBC as we always have more OBC than we use.  That unused refundable OBC goes back on our credit card or can be taken in cash on the last night of the cruise.

Which would be a nice option if you can get it. Up here it's slim pickings. Most TAs if they offer anything it'll be maybe $50 OBC or a specialty dinner (but not both). Heck, I had one TA stiff me on the $50 OBC she offered. I booked a suite, and 2 referrals for the same sailing. If I wanted to be an ass, I could have reported her to the parent company (I believe they own this site). Decided instead she'll never get any of my future business. 

On 1/23/2022 at 8:25 AM, happy cruzer said:

TA of a big box site hinted that a sale is coming in Feb?  Anyone else hear more?

Has anyone booked onboard and the transferred to TA to get their best rates?  Any advantage to doing so?

Thanks.

We always try to book on board to get the smaller deposit and also find it easier to view what cabins are available.  My understanding is that you have 30 days to transfer to your travel agent.  The advantage is that our TA usually gives us additional OBC (the amount depends on cost of cruise.)

21 hours ago, pip43 said:

We always try to book on board to get the smaller deposit and also find it easier to view what cabins are available.  My understanding is that you have 30 days to transfer to your travel agent.  The advantage is that our TA usually gives us additional OBC (the amount depends on cost of cruise.)

You are correct the new transfer time is now 30 days.    I also usually book on-board for the reasons given and then transfer to an Agent for additional refundable OBC.    Most recent bookings in Suites I have received a small deposit which makes a non-refundable fare very attractive an $800 NR OBC.   When I transferred to an agent he gave me my usual additional Refundable OBC. 

By the way I booked a couple cruises from the new 2024 season online and paid regular deposit and also received the 800 NR OBC.    I transferred to my agent today.

• Like 1

My TA gives me a choice of a rebate check of between 6%-7% of the cruise fare (less taxes and fees), or I can take the same amount as OBC.

I also get any Celebrity (or any other cruise line) perks along with that.

Regarding a price drop…..back in July, there was such a big price drop, I got over $2,200 in OBC from Celebrity on the EDGE.

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

A very low deposit would definitely get me to book.  We will see in a few days....

I'm going to hold off until more ports open up don't want to sit on the ships if we can't dock due to numbers or forced to take cruise excursion. Things are just too fluid right now.