Transportation from Rome airport to cruiseport

rfs7306

On 4/28/2022 at 1:07 PM, Ride-The-Waves said:

The stairs at Civitavecchia are steep and not easily navigated with luggage.  Even when younger than we are now, it was a challenge to haul bags down and the up the stairs to get to the train platform.  Termini does no have stairs and is relatively easy.

We will be doing Rome hotel to cruise port in late June and definitely taking a car transfer.  

FYIO, the Termini to Civitavecchia train is a local.  For the real Italian train experience take a Frecciarossa between major cities and travel at 300kph in luxury.

As of this season there are now elevators at Civitavecchia station, so that issue is now a non-issue, thank goodness.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know what type of vehicles Bob's Limo uses?  There's nothing on his website.  We have two people in our group with a little claustrophobia and like to rent larger vans/etc.

I don't see anything on his site about the car type.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, BeginnercruiserHD said:

Yeah we've decided to take the train - we'll likely take a cab from the train station to port. 

...and be ready to lug those case down, then up, the stairs under the rail line.  No getting away with that unless the train is routed to the rail closest the street.  Once saw a policeman stop a local for crossing the tracks.

21 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Does anyone know what type of vehicles Bob's Limo uses?  There's nothing on his website.  We have two people in our group with a little claustrophobia and like to rent larger vans/etc.

I don't see anything on his site about the car type.

You should be able to ask them for a vehicle type.  The Mercedes vans popular in transporting travelers around European cities have excellent space.

Just now, Ride-The-Waves said:

...and be ready to lug those case down, then up, the stairs under the rail line.  No getting away with that unless the train is routed to the rail closest the street.  Once saw a policeman stop a local for crossing the tracks.

Not too worried about that :).  Thanks for the warning though.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, cruisemom42 said:

As of this season there are now elevators at Civitavecchia station, so that issue is now a non-issue, thank goodness.

Quick search doesn't confirm a lift from the platform to the tunnel beneath the platforms.  

It did provide this information:

image.thumb.png.8014e6f0968dca361b0d011ec3b3b1d4.png

On 1/26/2022 at 10:52 AM, FionaMG said:

Just wanted to let you know that the Bob's Limo website is now back up and running for anyone who may be interested in using their services.

Has anyone used this service? It's reliable ?

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Quick search doesn't confirm a lift from the platform to the tunnel beneath the platforms.  

It was posted on this board recently by a local (see posts #14 and #24):

6 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

Has anyone used this service? It's reliable ?

I used them several years ago (so pre-covid) and they were fine.

I would have used them this time too for our upcoming cruise but, unlike the last time I used them, when you could pay the driver, they currently want payment up-front and there is a deadline for cancellation  (a week in advance, if I remember rightly), and given the uncertainty of travel at the present time I didn't want to do that. I opted for a different company that lets you pay the driver on the day.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

If you want current information on things in Italy you really need to google in Italian.  Big news is translated into English, and even relatively unimportant things like this will eventually appear in English, but for recent events, google in their language.

On 5/3/2022 at 3:09 AM, FionaMG said:

I used them several years ago (so pre-covid) and they were fine.

I would have used them this time too for our upcoming cruise but, unlike the last time I used them, when you could pay the driver, they currently want payment up-front and there is a deadline for cancellation  (a week in advance, if I remember rightly), and given the uncertainty of travel at the present time I didn't want to do that. I opted for a different company that lets you pay the driver on the day.

FionaMG - who did you book with?  Thanks.