Galveston Salt water Moms/Friendswood Moms

Djford75

53 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

I tried sending an email to that email address, but have not received any response. We also don't do Facebook.

😞

Hmm, just double-checked and that is the email that worked me about 6 months ago.  I wonder if it went to her spam and she missed it?

On 1/16/2023 at 8:03 PM, jbrinkm said:

(There are several little fees mentioned in their flyer so be sure to count those in)

image.png.4c68681de5ecb79552275a4d6e761708.png

I have 7 going from a Hobby hotel. It's cheaper to get 2 large SUVs than it is to get the single that holds all of us. Makes no sense.

Just an update.  Apparently, Saltwater Moms only takes 5 or less passengers now.  Their previous driver, Stephanie, started her own business and she takes less than 4 passengers, and more than 5 passengers.  Her business is Space City Moms and she can be reached through Facebook too

On 2/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, Hutcha said:

I have 7 going from a Hobby hotel. It's cheaper to get 2 large SUVs than it is to get the single that holds all of us. Makes no sense.

Dang you are right...sigh.  We have six passengers and for 2 small SUVS (3 in each), it's $65 x 2= $130.  That's cheaper than $29 x 6= $174.  I'm going to ask about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slyster said:

Dang you are right...sigh.  We have six passengers and for 2 small SUVS (3 in each), it's $65 x 2= $130.  That's cheaper than $29 x 6= $174.  I'm going to ask about that.

Well I got shot down by Saltwater Moms.  They told me they do not tie up 2 SUVs for 6 people.  She also mentioned she will be out of town the day I asked about and that made them even more limited.

They're certainly affordable! We tried to book Saltwater mom for our 4/1 Vista but she's completely booked. Next, she told me to try Friendswood Mom's but she never replied back (yes, I reached out twice). 

Personally, I'm just not a fan of the Carnival bus and price. If we arrive at 9:30 am is too unreasonable to get an uber?

11 hours ago, Pika8347 said:

They're certainly affordable! We tried to book Saltwater mom for our 4/1 Vista but she's completely booked. Next, she told me to try Friendswood Mom's but she never replied back (yes, I reached out twice). 

Personally, I'm just not a fan of the Carnival bus and price. If we arrive at 9:30 am is too unreasonable to get an uber?

She recommended Space City Moms to me. Sent her a message in morning and heard back the next day.  I am a bit worried that they are a small company and are slow to communicate.  Saltwater moms usually responds in a few hours though.  

On 2/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, slyster said:

Space City Moms said they only have one large SUV and one passenger van.  That makes me a bit nervous if something were to happen with their vehicle or driver.  No back up.

12 hours ago, slyster said:

Space City Moms said they only have one large SUV and one passenger van.  That makes me a bit nervous if something were to happen with their vehicle or driver.  No back up.

Most private personal limo services do not have back up 

• 4 months later...

I was quoted a price from the cruise line of $108 per person going/coming back from the ship to the Houston/Hobby airport. There will be 7 or 8 of us flying into the Houston/Hobby Airport. It was mentioned that it might be cheaper to get a SUV, but they were small, and I don't know if they hold 3 as stated, or 4? If you know, or how can I find out the rental price of the SUV's for this trip to/from?

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, beshears said:

So to get a hold of Saltwater Moms, do I find it under that name if they have a website or Galveston Saltwater Moms or what?

You have to look them up on Facebook and message them directly.

1 hour ago, beshears said:

OK, thank you.

Rocketman, you sound like my friend who does NOT have a computer, and does not want one. You may have a computer, only do not do FB, which I understand too.

Trust me.  My first computer was a 386 which I bought in 1990 IIRC.  I've lost track of the computers I have purchased since then.  My latest is a top of the line Dell I purchased a few months ago.  I love computers.   I've heard too many horror stories to join Facebook.  I don't need Facebook.  Nor do I need to do business with anyone/group that has Facebook as their principal point of contact.

• Like 2

I understand where your coming from. I have been BLESSED that my son has MADE two computers for me, and that is all I have, and when something goes wrong, he or his wife are the ones that "fix" it for me. As for FB, I'm sure I'm much older than you, but that is how I stay in touch especially with friends from my past and the large corporate office I just retired from a few years go. I never had an issue with FB, until just lately when I received "2" emails ASKING me if I wanted to start a NEW account, which I NEVER requested on FB. Some way or another my d-i-l see it and ask me if I had requested it, and I said no, and I said the same thing in the two emails they sent to me to. She said she was able to contact them and to not change anything on my FB, which I was thankful for. As for Messenger, I try my best to STAY away from it, but sometime I get messages that I have to read. Twice I have been HACKED  on Messenger, so I try to stay away from it as much as I can.

21 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Which is exactly why I won't use them.  I do not do facebook.

Same here. I only read fb. Not post or do business through it.

I’ve settled my transportation thanks to this site on cc. 

• Like 1

I will say (I have FB) I went to the area that says Message on it, and sent my message to them. I don't like using Messenger (been hacked more than one time), but I did hear back from them and with our group of 7 or 8, they said they don't take care of that many people at once, or something like that.

• Like 1

It's pathetic there's no mass transit at all  between Houston and Galveston. No bus, no train, no nothing. There are too many people traveling between the two cities for there to be no mass transit.

I don't have Facebook, so it appears Saltwater Moms isn't an option. And, I really don't feel like I should have to pay for shuttle services when many other cities offer cheap mass transit from their airport to their tourist destinations. 

I'll probably drive from Fort Worth to Galveston like I did last cruise, even though I don't like driving and now have flight benefits I can use to fly from DFW to Hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1