Galveston Salt water Moms/Friendswood Moms

Djford75

I used them back in August 2021 and have them scheduled again for March 2022.  They were wonderful!!! On time, clean vehicles, great communication even when I switched the pick up time last minute.  I would highly recommend them without any hesitation.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

Anyone have an email address to reach Saltwater Mom's? 

Yes, there is an email to contact them if you (like me) do not use FB.

Found this on Cruise Critic a few months ago and was successful in setting up our transportation with the Galveston Saltwater Mom's.    

Send a message with 'Reservation' in the header to:   bwarren814@att.net

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Found this on Cruise Critic a few months ago and was successful in setting up our transportation with the Galveston Saltwater Mom's.    

Good to know.   I have their business card - no email.  We use them all the time to go to from mainland airports.

5 hours ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

Good to know.   I have their business card - no email.  We use them all the time to go to from mainland airports.

I was so happy to find a way to contact them without using FB.   

When we booked our cruise from Galveston I had no idea how hard it would be to figure out transportation from IAH to Galveston.  Once I read about the Saltwater Mom's and contacted them, it was all so easy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

I was so happy to find a way to contact them without using FB.   

When we booked our cruise from Galveston I had no idea how hard it would be to figure out transportation from IAH to Galveston.  Once I read about the Saltwater Mom's and contacted them, it was all so easy.  

I found this excellent discussion using google:

https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-houston-airport-to-the-galveston-cruise-port/

I would not join facebook for any reason.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2022 at 7:41 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Thanks so much!  Yes, I am an "email type" gal! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As far as Saltwater Moms go. I'm the kind of person who wants to see operating/incorporation licenses, commercial insurance coverage. All the things a business needs to be in business. No corporate email, no website, no easy to find communication. This screams not paying for stuff you should be paying for, and you won't find out until you get t-boned on the way to or from wherever you're going. At that point, you better hope you have travel insurance because they may not. Car insurance is not the same as commercial insurance coverage. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong with documentation and not insults. 

Saltwater Mom's are licensed to enter the Port of Galveston; Uber is not.  As a business owner of 20+ years in the tourism business, i have yet to have someone ask for documentation of licenses, insurance, etc. 

We have used their services multiple times; excellent service, new vehicles and very professional. Cannot say the same with many taxis.

• Like 1

We used Saltwater Moms back in September the day before our cruise to get from Hobby to Galveston.  We had a great experience and certainly wouldn't hesitate to use them again.  We would have used them to get back to the airport, but they were already booked, so we used Lyft instead.  Saltwater Moms service was much better.  The Lyft driver obviously didn't know the port very well.  She drove right by us at the Lyft pickup area and had to go back out and come back around again for another 15 minute wait.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 11:21 PM, Sand and Seas said:

So glad  we read about  Saltwater  mom's on this board. 

We had a great experience  with their personalized service.   

Saltwater Moms are the best!  It was like being transported by your best. friend.

• Like 5

On 1/7/2023 at 8:19 PM, rkr said:

Saltwater Moms are the best!  It was like being transported by your best. friend.

@Sand and Seas and @rkr what was the total cost of your trips? I seriously want to know. Thank you.  Also, my best friend wouldn't charge me. 

4 hours ago, Ojii said:

@Sand and Seas and @rkr what was the total cost of your trips? I seriously want to know. Thank you.  Also, my best friend wouldn't charge me. 

Too bad your best friend doesn't live in Galveston ?

We have family that may stay outside of Galveston to save money.  Perhaps stay near Texas City.  Does Galveston Saltwater moms pick up from there and bring to the port?  Or is it better to have a Uber/Lyft pick up the morning of the cruise?

13 hours ago, slyster said:

We have family that may stay outside of Galveston to save money.  Perhaps stay near Texas City.  Does Galveston Saltwater moms pick up from there and bring to the port?  Or is it better to have a Uber/Lyft pick up the morning of the cruise?

Yes, Galveston Saltwater Moms will pick you up from there.  Just be sure to contact them ahead of time to get in a reservation.  The other thing to mention is it is best to pay cash.  They aren't set up for credit card payments (or at least they weren't) unless you want to send them payment thru a pay app.  You can ask about payment when you make your reservation.  Or you can Lyft to the port.  There has been an issue sometimes with using Uber.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 7:41 PM, Sand and Seas said:

I tried sending an email to that email address, but have not received any response. We also don't do Facebook.

😞