Attn: May cruises final payment dates

39august

On 1/27/2022 at 12:00 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

This must be so hard for you folks on the first few sailings in Europe.  You have NO idea what sailing is going to be like in the European ports at this point.  Our Baltic sailing isn't until July so we have some time.  But this is a lot of money for a final payment when there is no guarantee as to what these cruises will look like.

To me, ports in the Caribbean can change the day before and I really don't care.  They are all the same to me.  But these European ones are very specific.  And skipping a port or only being able to take Celebrity tours would really change the cruise.  (Not trying to pour salt on an open wound.  Just trying to sympathize.)

Going to Europe right now is veru risky, and its not only connected with pandemic and a few coutnries being locked up but also a danger of a war coming from the East. We dont know what will happen, and we all shall be very carefull. Hope everyone is doing alright 

53 minutes ago, TXMJK said:

We have a reservation for a May 20 cruise but have not received the email yet others have quoted.

I called Celebrity today to request an updated booking confirmation because I wanted something in writing from them showing both the final payment date plus a revised cancellation schedule. After a surprisingly short wait time of about 5 minutes and then a few minutes with the agent I had a new confirmation email showing the 60 day final payment date. The revised cancellation schedule shows no cancellation amount for 60 days or more then the normal 75% for 59-31 days and 100% for 30-0 days.

I would think that those who have paid in full and are now in the 89 to 61 day window should now fall under the revised schedule rather than 25% or 50%.

My understanding is you only got the e-mail from celebrity if your booking is with Celebrity.   I didn't get one and learned about it here and also my agent had not received anything on it.   She had to call to get it confirmed as my booking for end of may due tomorrow was still shown as 90 on her computer.

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding is you only got the e-mail from celebrity if your booking is with Celebrity.   I didn't get one and learned about it here and also my agent had not received anything on it.   She had to call to get it confirmed as my booking for end of may due tomorrow was still shown as 90 on her computer.

I didn't book directly with Celebrity but got the email.

Laura

• Like 1

this 60 day policy is keeping our group semi committed to making this May Apex British isles cruise trip happening🙂

Now if Celebrity will extend their complimentary on board Covid coverage past April 30👍 it will help the more nervous of us go for it 😁

I'm working hard on finding reasons to go!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ilandguy said:

this 60 day policy is keeping our group semi committed to making this May Apex British isles cruise trip happening🙂

Now if Celebrity will extend their complimentary on board Covid coverage past April 30👍 it will help the more nervous of us go for it 😁

I'm working hard on finding reasons to go!

Good luck.   Things are starting to calm down.   I've been watching the Covid numbers in UK and Scotland and they have really dropped off their high.   France, Spain and Portugal don't appear to have hit their plateau yet.

UK New Case Covid Chart

image.png.cb47fe6ec7f7fbaa350e14279039cb06.png

I was hoping to get the 90 day FP date reduced to 60.  I phoned them on Jan 17 asking for this.  I got the run around and finally was told, after about an hour on the phone, to call back on Jan 22 or 23.  Jan 23 was FP date.  So I called again on Jan 22 and the rep had to call this one and that one while I held on again.  Finally got some generous soul who gave me 7 days!  What good is that?  I cancelled only to find out 2 days later that they were giving the 60 days to people booked with May FP dates.  Then I checked the roll call for our cruise and they were all being offered the 60 days out cancellation after the final payment date.  Many were upset as they had already paid in full.  And they have the audacity to thank you for your loyalty (28 years of it) on the phone.

I have written to air my frustration with them but I doubt I'll hear back.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My booking that I did not receive the email for was directly with Celebrity

28 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I was hoping to get the 90 day FP date reduced to 60.  I phoned them on Jan 17 asking for this.  I got the run around and finally was told, after about an hour on the phone, to call back on Jan 22 or 23.  Jan 23 was FP date.  So I called again on Jan 22 and the rep had to call this one and that one while I held on again.  Finally got some generous soul who gave me 7 days!  What good is that?  I cancelled only to find out 2 days later that they were giving the 60 days to people booked with May FP dates.  Then I checked the roll call for our cruise and they were all being offered the 60 days out cancellation after the final payment date.  Many were upset as they had already paid in full.  And they have the audacity to thank you for your loyalty (28 years of it) on the phone.

I have written to air my frustration with them but I doubt I'll hear back.

I’m booked on the same cruise you cancelled. I contacted my TA to express my frustration about the change to 60 days right after our final payment date.  She told me we could still cancel before Feb. 23 and get a refund for all but our $900 non refundable deposit. The NR deposit would be given as FCC.  So, it buys us a bit more time, but I’m not sure this cruise will actually sail anyway.

15 hours ago, gracebest said:

I’m booked on the same cruise you cancelled. I contacted my TA to express my frustration about the change to 60 days right after our final payment date.  She told me we could still cancel before Feb. 23 and get a refund for all but our $900 non refundable deposit. The NR deposit would be given as FCC.  So, it buys us a bit more time, but I’m not sure this cruise will actually sail anyway.

For your sake, Grace, I hope it does sail.  I'm still upset as we had this cruise tied in with time at our timeshare in Kauai.  BTW, we booked directly with Celebrity.

On 1/25/2022 at 4:00 PM, sherylc said:

I have a May 23 Mediterranean cruise. Payment is still due Feb 22.  Got excited with the posts here, but talked to travel agent and did a mock new booking. Both said final payment is still in February.  Guessing only some cruises have the decreased final payment window.  

Yes, I think you're right.  We are leaving from Amsterdam in June.  Final payment is still March.