Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's it for pre cruise. 

We drop Bell off at the beach tomorrow. Going to stay and have early dinner, hopefully watch a SpaceX launch, and then drive to Ft Lauderdale Saturday morning. Parking at the pier.

Thanks for coming along

John, do you know if the parking lot is in walking distance to the pier?

Also, do you know if we can use our Diamond + drink coupons on day ? Celebrity wouldn't let us.

Looking forward to meeting you!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Also, do you know if we can use our Diamond + drink coupons on day ? Celebrity wouldn't let us.

No problem using C&A drink vouchers after boarding.

• Thanks 1

John I hope you have a wonderful cruise. That OS should be “sweet”! We had a GS in November on Odyssey and really liked the layout. The bathroom has two entrances, one from the living room and also a door from the bathroom. I think the OS might have the same type of layout. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Parking lot definitely close. D drinks active immediately 

1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Did your itinerary change? We sail on Odyssey Feb. 26th and just got an email that Nassau, Bahamas is out and Coco Cay is IN. I am thrilled with this switch!

As far as I know it's always been Nassau, but friends (M8) did this in December and they did CC

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

John I hope you have a wonderful cruise. That OS should be “sweet”! We had a GS in November on Odyssey and really liked the layout. The bathroom has two entrances, one from the living room and also a door from the bathroom. I think the OS might have the same type of layout. 

Did you have electric drapes and light dimmers in your GS?

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you have electric drapes and light dimmers in your GS?

Yes, you can do it from the wall controls. We also had the only Owner’s Loft Suite last September on Odyssey and the genie told me I could use my phone for the loft curtains but I never tried it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Did your itinerary change? We sail on Odyssey Feb. 26th and just got an email that Nassau, Bahamas is out and Coco Cay is IN. I am thrilled with this switch!

We are on board that date too but we haven’t been told that.  I’d be very happy with that!  They did email mail this a.m. that one of our Aruba excursions has been canceled and refunded.  

Will be following along this week.  It will be the first of this class for us too and then we will have done all classes of ships including Empress. Hoping for a Royal Up but with so few suites on this ship not counting on it.  You obviously got a great deal!

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds very interesting I will have to try that. That's too bad the Schooner bartender did not perform. Too good of a venue to not have the best bartenders. 

@John&LaLa Interested in knowing what bourbons are being offered on board?

To make it a bit easier for John&LaLa, my app shows Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, Makers, But Suite Lounge and Diamond Club may have other selections.

What's interesting is that Schooners offers a Hennessey Old Fashion.  Maybe get the bartender to add some bourbon and vermouth and and bitters to create a Vieux Carre, or add some benedictine and get an a la Lousianne.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As far as I know it's always been Nassau, but friends (M8) did this in December and they did CC

I think we were originally scheduled for Grand Cayman if I remember correctly and it was swapped to Nassau when Grand Cayman shut down again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We did it in October, and it was always CC for our week.  So glad that was the case. 

My boss did this 2 weeks ago and they did Nassau.  No CC.  Must depend on # of ships at CC scheduled.   We had 3 2 weeks ago but 1 was the Jewel as the evac ship.  As long as that stays there and any Oasis class ship is in probably no room for the Odyssey.

Edited by crewsweeper

48 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

To make it a bit easier for John&LaLa, my app shows Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, Makers, But Suite Lounge and Diamond Club may have other selections.

What's interesting is that Schooners offers a Hennessey Old Fashion.  Maybe get the bartender to add some bourbon and vermouth and and bitters to create a Vieux Carre, or add some benedictine and get an a la Lousianne.

Thanks, the Schooner Bar used to have a cocktail on their menu called the Baton Rouge. It was Hennessy Cognac and Bourbon and bitters. It was so good. I have no idea why they took it off the menu. I had my favorite bartender Norvo make it on Explorer. We called it Baton Rouge 2.0

• Like 1