Costa Magica to Carnival Fleet

brilliantseas

6 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Was looking at European cruises on Pride and noticed that they only have bookings for summer 2022, so they toke down summer 2023 cruises.

INTERESTING. Hmmmm I wonder if this could be the replacement for the Spirit in Australia.
What is the last date you can see ANY Pride sailings currently for sale, anywhere? 

8 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

INTERESTING. Hmmmm I wonder if this could be the replacement for the Spirit in Australia.
What is the last date you can see ANY Pride sailings currently for sale, anywhere? 

Now what I COULD envision CDaze is a brand new IV taking over Pride's 2023 European run perhaps. I just don't see Carnival repositioning either of the absolutely necessary Spirit Class boats (low bridges in Tampa/Balt.) from the Atlantic all the way down under.  I could envision Miracle heading over to Australia post an Alaska season though. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Now what I COULD envision CDaze is a brand new IV taking over Pride's 2023 European run perhaps. I just don't see Carnival repositioning either of the absolutely necessary Spirit Class boats (low bridges in Tampa/Balt.) from the Atlantic all the way down under.  I could envision Miracle heading over to Australia post an Alaska season though. 

So what dates for bookings does the Miracle have still up for sale? Have they put any of those on hold? Any after the Alaska season?

Except any ship heading to Australia has to have Australian power plugs installed in all of the staterooms at a minimum. If Australia drags the shutdown into 2023, this presumably would make Miracle an option (last drydock was in 2020, before the shutdown). That said, I don't see the economic justification of converting another Spirit-class vessel, as that doesn't allow the Australian market to grow.

14 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

So what dates for bookings does the Miracle have still up for sale? Have they put any of those on hold? Any after the Alaska season?

Everything is available for sale though April 2024.

Her last drydock was in February/March 2020, before the shutdown, but so far all of those dates in 2023 have sailings available for booking. She may be able to hold off until 2024 given her age, although ship maintenance schedules usually change at 15 years, which in Miracle's case is 2019.

Miracle does a bunch of Hawaii cruises outside of the Alaska season, and I suspect Carnival wouldn't want to cancel those - there would be a window in early October 2022, but right now those 3 Baja Mexico sailings are open for booking.

• 2 weeks later...

So somewhat back on topic - Has anyone heard any updates regarding Costa Magica to Carnival? So quiet!

I figured with Carnival Jubilee's steel cutting beginning last week, (not wanting to cloud over that PR) we should hear something about this transfer very shortly....

8 minutes ago, Beezo said:

So somewhat back on topic - Has anyone heard any updates regarding Costa Magica to Carnival? So quiet!

She is sitting off the coast of La Spezia, Italy. She has been there for a while along with Costa Pacifica.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Costa Magica entered a dry dock in Marseille, France

Maybe a announcement is coming very soon and Marseille could be where the refurbishment will be.

Couldn't find this thread lol but apparently Carnival is expected to make an announcement come Monday, this could be it, I mean its already in dry dock at this point.....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

In italian forums they are saying that the ship after drydock will go up to Amsterdam to host ukrainian refugees just like HAL's Volendam.

The offer was declined, they won’t transform the ship for it to be out of service. 

• Like 1