Another LIVE E-class thread —- Apex 1/29/2022

mac_tlc

Just got out of the show tonight. Performer was Antonio Salci. He was fabulous, accompanied by the Apex orchestra which is also top notch. If you have the chance, catch his show. We also saw him on the Edge last year.

C40EEA66-5657-4C74-9729-EBB3D5783464.jpeg

48B47CF2-DAB0-4280-A837-4DE0A4786940.jpeg

60696F3B-8A5D-484C-9FB5-8A92C7FA4AA3.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 1:17 PM, mac_tlc said:

So here is my informal whiskey/bourbon survey results.

My preference is Woodford , followed by Bullitt, Buffalo Trace and Makers. So far it has been hit or miss on the Woodford. Not available at Magic Carpet, Pool Bar, Sunset Bar. Have found it in Retreat Lounge and Eden. 

Magic Carpet didn’t have Woodford, Bullitt or Makers.

Haven’t tried The Club yet. Maybe later today😜.

More work needs to be done on this.

mac_tlc 

They have Buffalo Trace?  Ooooo Baby!  I'm all over that!  Certainly can't get it at home.  And, I'm just across the Ohio River from their distillery.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

They have Buffalo Trace?  Ooooo Baby!  I'm all over that!  Certainly can't get it at home.  And, I'm just across the Ohio River from their distillery.

So far I think the Club bar has the most options. Woodford, Bullitt, 4 different Macallan’s, Makers, Buffalo Trace.

It can vary as the week goes on, some disappear at times.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Here is an under appreciated, or at least an not-often-discussed dining location that we really liked this trip. Located in the Solarium. Only open about 2 hours for breakfast and 2 hours for lunch. 

864A2DAB-7494-4D90-A54F-C45A107D9DBC.jpeg

3035A5C6-EDBE-422A-B27A-85E12365EB40.jpeg

801C687B-6386-4967-AFCC-D99D314F38F7.jpeg

Don’t let the name scare you! While it’s probably healthier than some options, the items are really tasty. the turkey club has mayo, cheese and bacon….enough said.

At least a dozen options plus the smoothies, espresso coffee machine, juices, etc. We went for lunch three times. Great ocean views too. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Here is an under appreciated, or at least an not-often-discussed dining location that we really liked this trip. Located in the Solarium. Only open about 2 hours for breakfast and 2 hours for lunch. 

864A2DAB-7494-4D90-A54F-C45A107D9DBC.jpeg

3035A5C6-EDBE-422A-B27A-85E12365EB40.jpeg

801C687B-6386-4967-AFCC-D99D314F38F7.jpeg

Don’t let the name scare you! While it’s probably healthier than some options, the items are really tasty. the turkey club has mayo, cheese and bacon….enough said.

At least a dozen options plus the smoothies, espresso coffee machine, juices, etc. We went for lunch three times. Great ocean views too. 

mac_tlc

All the salads under the Recovery Section of the menu are very tasty. On my nine day Apex cruise I don't remember ever seeing a Turkey Sandwich premade as pictured sitting out in the Spa Cafe.

50 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Were the smoothies included on the beverage plan?  They should be, since the $6 charge is vastly smaller than an alcoholic drink would be.  Everything looks so yummy. 

3 hours ago, Birdnutty said:

Were the smoothies included on the beverage plan?  They should be, since the $6 charge is vastly smaller than an alcoholic drink would be.  Everything looks so yummy. 

I believe they are.

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

All the salads under the Recovery Section of the menu are very tasty. On my nine day Apex cruise I don't remember ever seeing a Turkey Sandwich premade as pictured sitting out in the Spa Cafe.

I had one three times, on different days of course😜. It was on wheat bread, cut diagonally in half. 

In the first picture, it is the fifth item from the left.

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

I had one three times, on different days of course😜. It was on wheat bread, cut diagonally in half. 

In the first picture, it is the fifth item from the left.

mac_tlc

Ahhh now I remember seeing it, although it looks different than the menu photograph, lol. I'll have to try it then, I think I thought it look too dry and didn't take it. 

And so we wrap up cruise #42. It was a wonderful time on a fabulous ship. We really do like the Retreat experience on E-class. 

A few shots pulling into Port Everglades :

AFA66173-A09D-4850-B653-EA682CD80816.jpeg

67F121CE-7A2E-47A6-BC5A-2B9DA6EAE21A.jpeg

4B981DBF-B4CB-4BA8-B525-8FC0BBDBA3E1.jpeg

6D1F0E94-41B6-4BD8-9102-6E4E8FBC83BF.jpeg

I will be posting all of my pictures to my FLIKR account within the next few days. I’ll post the link here.

Until next time, March 27,2022 onboard the Celebrity Edge. Please join us for a trip to the Western Caribbean!!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On 2/4/2022 at 3:11 PM, Birdnutty said:

They are included with the Premium Beverage Package but not the classic or all included.  Read the description of what is included and you will see where it specifically mentions smoothies. 

Have enjoyed following along. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

We were on Apex last month and absolutely loved it!

Things can sure change sailing to sailing. We did have the Beyond The Podium series so perhaps they could not get someone or they could not get to the ship this week?

When we arrived at Port Everglades to board were given a memo that anyone wishing to disembark in St Thomas would have to purchase a ship-sponsored excursion. We were disappointed as we had independent plans, but understood we are in an ever-changing situation right now so we booked a simple beach excursion which was fine.

We booked a last minute ocean view guarantee. Three days out we were assigned a stateroom on deck three. After check-in we were advised we had been upgraded to an infinite verandah on deck seven! Loved it and would book one again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:11 AM, mac_tlc said:

Got up a little earlier today to walk around and take pictures. I’ll post them throughout the day. 

Retreat Sundeck:

1901FDC0-795E-44D1-B091-06984B600072.jpeg

7F0159DF-AEDF-4356-B973-7E0E573C215D.jpeg

FF1E1DDF-A7BE-47E2-9BF2-E1E27FF71EC3.jpeg

BE74DF10-CAF0-47C1-A6D6-D638622E264B.jpeg

7988EA47-24D1-450B-9C82-14769BF10390.jpeg

2AE3A1B6-DC52-4784-9C05-B056ABA0C8C8.jpeg

E6816187-ACC7-497F-9E9C-0B859C517CAE.jpeg

Thanks for your review and posting all the pics Mac.  Interesting to see the towels and bags on all the loungers on the Retreat sundeck that early.  I can’t imagine the staff put these there so is it safe to assume the chair hogs have now migrated to the Retreat?  We have not seen this on past cruises in the Retreat so I hope it is not an issue on our upcoming Apex B2B.

1 minute ago, CruzeBoozer said:

Thanks for your review and posting all the pics Mac.  Interesting to see the towels and bags on all the loungers on the Retreat sundeck that early.  I can’t imagine the staff put these there so is it safe to assume the chair hogs have now migrated to the Retreat?  We have not seen this on past cruises in the Retreat so I hope it is not an issue on our upcoming Apex B2B.

The Staff puts them on every chair and folds them to make sure they are uniform. When I was walking around early the last day, I saw the Staff on the Retreat Sundeck and Resort Pool deck placing all the towels. Such a nice touch.

mac_tlc

4 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

The Staff puts them on every chair and folds them to make sure they are uniform. When I was walking around early the last day, I saw the Staff on the Retreat Sundeck and Resort Pool deck placing all the towels. Such a nice touch.

mac_tlc

Thanks I have seen the folded towels placed at times.  I was referring to the last pic posted where they are covering the chairs and it appears there may be a bag and chair clips etc. as if people who are not there using them are reserving them.