Will a laptop fit in the room safe?

puppyluv1

For what it is worth, we have spent over 200 days on Regent ships always with 2 laptops, readers, cellphones and  several cameras. (What can I say but DH and I don’t share?) We have never locked the electronics up. Jewelry, cash and passports, yes, not other things. We always stay in veranda suites. Never had anything stolen. In case you are wondering, we usually do months long trips on cruises or in our RV and blog and do travel books.

Edited by cwn

1 hour ago, cwn said:

For what it is worth, we have spent over 200 days on Regent ships always with 2 laptops, readers, cellphones and  several cameras. (What can I say but DH and I don’t share?) We have never locked the electronics up. Jewelry, cash and passports, yes, not other things. We always stay in veranda suites. Never had anything stolen. In case you are wondering, we usually do months long trips on cruises or in our RV and blog and do travel books.

Agreed - in over 500 nights there has never been anything missing - I once left cash in a pocket of some pants and sent them to laundry. I got a call from the front desk with the money waiting for me.

• Like 1

Agree…we never lock anything in the safe except passports, jewelry and wallets.  My husband once thought he lost his wallet ashore at a port. Fortunately, it fell out of his pocket in the closet. Housekeeping found it…nothing was missing. 
Traveling on Regent many years….nothing ever missing. 

Thanks everyone.  I definitely would not expect the staff on Regent to be anything but honorable.  I only asked because I may need to bring my work laptop and we have rules about keeping your laptop with you at all times when traveling.  Locking it in the safe would be a good alternative.  Thanks again!  

2 hours ago, puppyluv1 said:

Thanks everyone.  I definitely would not expect the staff on Regent to be anything but honorable.  I only asked because I may need to bring my work laptop and we have rules about keeping your laptop with you at all times when traveling.  Locking it in the safe would be a good alternative.  Thanks again!  

A suggestion… if it’s a work laptop, when you are not using, bring it to the Reception desk for safekeeping. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've traveled with my work laptop before and never locked it up.  Never had any issues in over a decade of cruises.

My guess is that a work laptop would be a bit on the larger size (I know mine is) and I don't think it would fit.  If you're just trying to meet company policy, maybe a cable loop lock would suffice?

On 2/15/2022 at 8:21 AM, UUNetBill said:

I've traveled with my work laptop before and never locked it up.  Never had any issues in over a decade of cruises.

My guess is that a work laptop would be a bit on the larger size (I know mine is) and I don't think it would fit.  If you're just trying to meet company policy, maybe a cable loop lock would suffice?

We've never used the safe getting close to 200 days on board.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:24 AM, HonTri said:

We've never used the safe getting close to 200 days on board.

We use the safe for wallets, passports, watches and jewelry, etc...

Thing is, we usually forget to lock it.  🙂

Never had a problem in over a hundred nights, either.

• Like 2