What is the state of housekeeping services?

sunsetme

On majestic in December..once per day in the morning.  You can request evening also with no problem.  We felt that the morning cleaning was sufficient especially since we could request an evening cabin cleanup as needed.

• Like 3

It is good to know that you can still get the normal twice daily service.  We tend to shower later in the day and need our room done up in the evening for that reason.  

Interesting that it appears that it is not consistent across all ships.  Hmmm.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

What is the Hmmm for, may I ask ?

Lady Lynn of Forest Gate

Just interesting that most reported twice daily service with the exception of the Majestic.  I happen to be going on that ship in a couple of weeks.  I guess I will see first hand what the differences are.  This will be my first Princess cruise since the restart.  I sailed on HAL in August 2021 and had twice daily service with the turndown and chocolates and all.  We shall see!

• Like 1

The evening turndown service is by request. You can either just let your cabin steward know or request it through the TV. There's probably a way to do it on the app as well, but I did not see it since I did not use the app very much on my two cruises since Princess started cruising after the stoppage. 

My first cruise back was on the Majestic, and the second one was on the Caribbean. I'll be on the Regal next week.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

Please give us all the updates from your cruise 🙂
(Kind of jealous to be honest !!)

Lady Lynn of Forest Gate

I will try to do a "Live from" if no one else does or contribute to someone else's.  I'm probably better at the latter lol!  I am not very good at multi-tasking and my vacation is my main task! lol

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Just interesting that most reported twice daily service with the exception of the Majestic.

22 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I will try to do a "Live from" if no one else does or contribute to someone else's.  I'm probably better at the latter lol!  I am not very good at multi-tasking and my vacation is my main task! lol

We were on the August 29th sailing on Majestic and had service twice a day. Hoping you will do a “Live from” for your upcoming sailing on the Majestic as we will be on her again in April. Enjoy your upcoming vacation!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We were on the August 29th sailing on Majestic and had service twice a day. Hoping you will do a “Live from” for your upcoming sailing on the Majestic as we will be on her again in April. Enjoy your upcoming vacation!!!

We'll be B2B on her in March and will do a "live from", hopefully with others chipping in 🥰

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Chocolates haven't been back since the restart. 😪

Princess advertises chocolate on the pillow as part of the Mini-Suite benefits.  I will bring a bag of Ghiridelli (sp?) squares with me just in case.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Princess advertises chocolate on the pillow as part of the Mini-Suite benefits.  I will bring a bag of Ghiridelli (sp?) squares with me just in case.

We each bring a 1/2 lb. box of our favorite See’s candies and have these before bed in place of the chocolate on pillows. We sailed in a full-suite on the Majestic and a mini-suite on the Sky and neither ship had chocolates on our pillows. Hoping they return someday.

• Like 2

I am so glad I read this thread! NO CHOCOLATE!!! My husband is a chocoholic and if he doesn't get his nightly fix of chocolate (including mine - I don't eat chocolate), he will be very, very grumpy! Since we only have a balcony, I like Mike45LC's idea of bringing a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates with me.

Thanks for the heads up!

Arlene