How much do you drink while cruising?

CruiseRQA

3 hours ago, garyl62 said:

If the wine glass never gets empty until you leave dinner it only counts as 1 correct? 

Asking for a friend. 

Which one, may I ask??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

19 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

I rarely drink at home although reading this post makes me want a drink right now. But on a cruise I make up for not drinking at home. I cruise with my best friend and our husbands stay home. I drink around 8 or so each day.

Laura

Hopefully your husband does not read CC or this post... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

18 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I do find it odd when people write-up trip reports and state that on a particular day it seems they had too much to drink and didn't feel good, or had to sleep it off, or whatever. Then they go ahead and do the same thing over, and over, and over literally every day of their cruise. What is the fun in that? I don't get it. 

k - it is more than likely that they do not remember that they do not remember to stop... as in Ground Hog Day... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

16 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

When my doctor asks me, "Do you drink?" I reply, "Only on cruises."

Will you doctor consider it being social, regular or special occasions only??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HelenCG said:

Must have missed the posts from people saying they need a drink to enjoy themselves!

From the posts here I don’t get the feeling that anyone here is drinking to the extent that their taste buds are numbed by alcohol, but I know some people just enjoy it, so why would that bother you?

I myself never touch alcohol, doesn’t appeal to me and never has, but that doesn’t mean I look down my nose at those that do. My husband does enjoy a beer.

I made a statement about my husband and I  - we don't need to drink to enjoy ourselves. 

There is not a sentence in my post about other people's need to drink or that it bothers me.

By the way, more than four alcoholic drinks in a day does cause numbing of the taste buds and loss of flavors and texture. Google it and learn something.

So, yes, if someone has listed a number of drinks for the day, I do take that into account for any food that they review.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

I made a statement about my husband and I  - we don't need to drink to enjoy ourselves. 

There is not a sentence in my post about other people's need to drink or that it bothers me.

By the way, more than four alcoholic drinks in a day does cause numbing of the taste buds and loss of flavors and texture. Google it and learn something.

So, yes, if someone has listed a number of drinks for the day, I do take that into account for any food that they review.

Your judging may have not been stated but it was certainly implied.  Julia Child, who never met a glass of wine she did not like, would be laughing right now.

• Haha 1

Love, Love Julia Child.  We usually have enough different liquids to just about cover what it used to cost.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  All those bottles of water, capacinos, juices, cocktails, wine.  It's fun to try different things without having to drink the whole thing too.  Definitely only happens at sea.  Something about drinking at sea level seems to not hit one as much as at altitude.  We were in Denver at 6,000 ft and now at 3,000 ft.  Definitely can drink more on a cruise.

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Glad you enjoy them! I decided to start keeping track of my drinks after I got black-out drunk for the first time in my life on a cruise.

Interested to know -do you do the log drink by drink or what you remember at bedtime??

11 hours ago, Homosassa said:

How’s that database of each of us coming along?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well here goes and can I firstly add that my partner and I work extremely hard throughout the year and enjoy our few cruises when we can.

We always upgrade to the top drinks package and always tip the staff even with gratuities included.

No doubt there will be lots who judge us but the question was asked so here’s our answer.

2 or 3 Bucks Fizz (mimosa’s) for brekkie.

Couple of amaretto sours mid morning.

2 or 3 glasses of wine with luncheon but if it’s a long luncheon and we’re chatting with people (which often happens) then more.

Few G&T’s in the afternoon.

Cosmopolitan or Sidecar before dinner.

2 or 3 glasses of wine with dinner.

Cognac or two afterwards.

Then off for music and a dance with a few G&T’s or rums and coke.

I await with tin hat on ready for the ambush!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Interested to know -do you do the log drink by drink or what you remember at bedtime??

I log them in a document on my phone as I go along. I started this when I started to carry my phone around with me on cruises. I used to always just lock it in the safe, since I don't do wifi on ships usually, but now the app, especially on Celebrity, has become so useful for getting around the ship and deciding where to eat and what to do next, that I keep my phone with me to access the app.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:09 PM, CruiseRQA said:

So how much do you guys drink while cruising?   Am I about average?  

Well.... let's just say this 'ship' needs to go into 'dry' dock after each and every cruise!  🛳️

🙂

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Have you actually read this thread?  These people make me look like a Boy Scout.

Every post!  You are the one that called yourself an alcoholic not others.  What Boy Scout troop do you belong to. The "Wet Lizards". 🤣

18 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Glad you enjoy them! I decided to start keeping track of my drinks after I got black-out drunk for the first time in my life on a cruise.

LOL--- 

Didn't nobody tell ya------There ain't  no prize for gettin " black-out " drunk on a cruise.

And----It ain't no contest-- Nobody's countin how much ya drink.

So---Ya don't need to keep track of your drinks no more.

Now-- Let's say that drinks were not included in your package---- that's a different story.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Every post!  You are the one that called yourself an alcoholic not others.  What Boy Scout troop do you belong to. The "Wet Lizards". 🤣

Not sure what Wet Lizards is???  🤮

• Haha 2