2-4-2022 Covid Restriction Changes

SteelCityCruiser10

10 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

F1A629E4-EB88-4087-874B-B15554736412.thumb.png.49776e863d69dc288b54ee5094f42750.png

1FEDEE22-B400-4DA7-8950-DE0CCE22AF32.thumb.jpeg.c013d7890e7f8538936ee5e53bf5898e.jpeg

According to the Bermuda website you have to get a PCR test no more than 96 hours before leaving and upload it no less than 72 hours to get the travel authorization.  That only leaves a day to get the results.  Is that still necessary?  I don't see any changes on the Bermuda website.

Don't expect the website to update for ages, they're always slow.

What the website says is still in force till March. Effective from March 7th, as I read it, for visitors who are double vaxxed and boosted you only need an antigen (lateral flow) test within two days of departure (supervised and certified, not just one you do at home on your own). No on-island testing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

According to the Bermuda website you have to get a PCR test no more than 96 hours before leaving and upload it no less than 72 hours to get the travel authorization.  That only leaves a day to get the results.  Is that still necessary?  I don't see any changes on the Bermuda website.

When is it you plan to cruise to Bermuda?

I believe it would be prudent to wait until 30 days before departure to figure out what the regulations are, as they can change between now and then.

A web search does show the updated requirements requested by the MoT.

The other option if still concerned/confused about the regulations for cruising into Bermuda, is to email the MoT here ....

In health and bon voyage

6 hours ago, jollyjones said:

What the website says is still in force till March. Effective from March 7th, as I read it, for visitors who are double vaxxed and boosted you only need an antigen (lateral flow) test within two days of departure (supervised and certified, not just one you do at home on your own). No on-island testing. 

That’s how I read it as well.  The Bermuda website still shows the language about PCR test which is contradictory to the new regs like @molly361noted.  I was encouraged to see some easing of the restrictions.  We don’t sail until early June.  Plenty of time for things to change again but definitely a move in the right direction.

6 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Yeah that's how it is according to this article  Much better  we don't sail until later this year 

https://bernews.com/2022/02/travel-authorisation-to-be-reduced-to-40/?fbclid=IwAR3YO8AH1EGjwPVpnJgnQEYByaB7xZzU-gKgZejf9iqlkeJSbQsupeQd-WQ

5 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I was encouraged to see some easing of the restrictions.  We don’t sail until early June.  Plenty of time for things to change again but definitely a move in the right direction.

Agreed. We're booked to go there as part of a RCL cruise in May. Hope restrictions continue to slack off a bit. 

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Yeah that's how it is according to this article  Much better  we don't sail until later this year 

https://bernews.com/2022/02/travel-authorisation-to-be-reduced-to-40/?fbclid=IwAR3YO8AH1EGjwPVpnJgnQEYByaB7xZzU-gKgZejf9iqlkeJSbQsupeQd-WQ

So for a cruise does that mean within 2 days of departure from the home port or from the last port you visited? Not clear at all for cruises. 

Laura

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

So for a cruise does that mean within 2 days of departure from the home port or from the last port you visited? Not clear at all for cruises. 

Yeah that part also has me confused. See how things progress as we get closer. The 'relaxing cruise to Bermuda' I envisioned might not turn out to be that. If it appears that way, would rather do it some time later on.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

I wish the cruise lines would prepare a detailed process for everyone to understand.  Yes, i know the protocols are changing very frequently.  What does "48 hours before" mean?  48 hours before you board the ship?  48 hours before you arrive in dock?  Which test?  Supervised?  Fully vaccinated?  Seriously.  We are so looking forward to our cruise, but these ever changing rules and requirements are taking the enjoyment out of our cruise and adding so much stress.  Maybe a cancelation is in order. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

I wish the cruise lines would prepare a detailed process for everyone to understand.  Yes, i know the protocols are changing very frequently.  What does "48 hours before" mean?  48 hours before you board the ship?  48 hours before you arrive in dock?  Which test?  Supervised?  Fully vaccinated?  Seriously.  We are so looking forward to our cruise, but these ever changing rules and requirements are taking the enjoyment out of our cruise and adding so much stress.  Maybe a cancelation is in order. 

Bermuda's new guidelines were just announced two days ago and they haven't even firmed up the effect date yet, saying they want to implement them no later than April 1, with at least some parts possibly as early as March 7.

The cruise lines can't tell you the mechanics  before Bermuda has put them in place and seeing how things worked in 2021 because the details had to be worked out between the cruise lines and Bermuda final procedures were slow in coming. Most everyone seemed to manage to comply in time even given the short notice. At this point all you can do is be patient.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

We sail May 13th, and at least final payment is now not due until 60 days before, which gives us a little over a month to see how it plays out.  By then Celebrity will have to let us know what the procedure will be, since we will be already onboard during the time frame where we would have to be tested.  If there are still issues, I don't think they would sail there until it is all eased up.

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:00 PM, philpcruiser said:

I wish the cruise lines would prepare a detailed process for everyone to understand.  Yes, i know the protocols are changing very frequently.  What does "48 hours before" mean?  48 hours before you board the ship?  48 hours before you arrive in dock?  Which test? 

Not sure if your comment is rhetorical or not, but I did an NCL cruise to Bermuda this past December 2021.  To the question of 48 hours, the cruise line is not being laser specific, it just has to be 48 hours (read: 2 days) prior to boarding.  You could conceivably be tested at Friday at 10am and board the ship Sunday at 1pm and you'd be OK despite exceeding 48 hours...

That said, when I did the trip in December, it was a huge hassle to get the costlier (and longer turnaround time) PCR test.  I'm really hoping that their recently announced changes -- to allow an antigen test -- will come to fruition.  I'm planning on returning via cruise to Bermuda in April.  Would love less burdensome hoops to jump through...

• Thanks 1