Bermuda Travel restrictions

S&LMom

6 hours ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

No, I didn't post to Troll, I am on a Cruise on 5/15 to Bermuda. Just more Bureacracy that duplicates the same procedures as current Cruise protocols. 

i agree with you  that it is unnecessary. The cruise line can check the vaccination and test documents.  You implication that they don't actually care about the documents and will clear passengers after receiving the $40 is off base. Bermuda is one of those counties that was really strict. They had lockdowns, curfews, vaccination cards, quarantines  As mentioned small population, small hospital. The problem there is that what were good policies before vaccines and while vaccination was happening was the last war. They have been lowering their restrictions but slowly.  

27 minutes ago, PC Skier said:

I talked to RCCL and was told that if we book an excursion through the ship.the price includes the $40.

Do not believe that.

Only you can file your application form and you must make payment when you file it. Your application must be approved before you board the ship and it doesn't matter whether you ever set foot on land once the ship arrives in Bermuda. Even if you stay aboard you must have a travel authorization.

I suppose there's a chance, although I'm skeptical, that Royal Caribbean has decided that they will give you a $40 credit if you book an excursion as an incentive but to say the price includes the $40 isn't correct.

Whatever you do do not arrive at the pier without your travel authorization in hand because if you don't have it you're going to watch the ship leave without you.

We're on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda in July.  We booked directly through Celebrity.  We're about 2 weeks from final payment.  No where on the confirmation from Celebrity does it say anything about applying for a Bermuda travel authorization.  Anyone know where to find this info?

46 minutes ago, baggal said:

We're on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda in July.  We booked directly through Celebrity.  We're about 2 weeks from final payment.  No where on the confirmation from Celebrity does it say anything about applying for a Bermuda travel authorization.  Anyone know where to find this info?

The earliest you can submit your application to Bermuda's health authorities is  about thirty days prior to your embarkation date so there's no need for Celebrity to provide you with any information right now.

The process starts on this page: https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The earliest you can submit your application to Bermuda's health authorities is  about thirty days prior to your embarkation date so there's no need for Celebrity to provide you with any information right now.

The process starts on this page: https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

Thanks for the info

On 3/10/2022 at 9:12 AM, njhorseman said:

You have to take your test, submit the report to Bermuda and receive final approval of your travel authorization before you arrive at the pier to board your cruise. You'll submit the approval document to your cruise line at check in.

Then if you're on a  cruise requiring an additional test because it makes a port call prior to Bermuda or your embarkation was more than four days before your ship's arrival in Bermuda, that additional test will be conducted on board by your ship's medical staff. The results of that test will be provided to Bermuda health authorities by the ship. 

Can you do all this on a desktop computer, we don't have a smart phone.

14 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

And upload your covid test to the application from email via emeds? Thank you!

You are going to have to scan or take a photo of your documents to upload them. That is why I think it is easier with a smartphone. If you have a scanner it will be easy. Or a digital camera you can transfer photos of your documents to your computer. If you don't you probably have family of friends who can assist in getting the documents to your computer. 

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You are going to have to scan or take a photo of your documents to upload them. That is why I think it is easier with a smartphone. If you have a scanner it will be easy. Or a digital camera you can transfer photos of your documents to your computer. If you don't you probably have family of friends who can assist in getting the documents to your computer. 

I could print out the emed  covid test result, then scan it on my printer and then I would be able to upload to the application?

14 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

I could print out the emed  covid test result, then scan it on my printer and then I would be able to upload to the application?

Yes. Since you have a printer and scanner all you will have to do is find the files you scanned to  your computer to upload them into the application form which is on the Bermuda Government website. You can check out the web form on their web site now and do a dry run to see what documents you will need to upload. 

Edited by Charles4515

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Yes. Since you have a printer and scanner all you will have to do is find the files you scanned on your computer to upload them into the application form which is on the Bermuda Government website. , 

Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

I hope that Bermuda will eliminate the Travel Authorization and all of the uploading we must do within a short window of time before our cruise.  I don't know how to do those things.

If you follow the form it is self explanatory but if you have a problem you probably have a family member or friend who can help you. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 3/9/2022 at 10:08 AM, njhorseman said:

Yes, for that itinerary you would have to be tested again on the ship.

I apologize if this has already been answered.  If you have to get tested on the ship, who is testing you?  Are you doing the proctored test on the ship or is NCL testing you? Is there a fee? What if you test positive and you're already enroute? 

59 minutes ago, BarnCat1 said:

I apologize if this has already been answered.  If you have to get tested on the ship, who is testing you?  Are you doing the proctored test on the ship or is NCL testing you? Is there a fee? What if you test positive and you're already enroute? 

NCL will be testing you when you're on the ship. Here's what it says on NCL's website. I've highlighted the relevant wording in red:

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Bermuda Cruise Protocols

Bermuda Travel Requirements

Country Requirements

All guests must complete Bermuda Travel Authorization (TA) within 10 days of sailing. The cost of the Travel Authorization is $40 per guest. Link to form: https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

All vaccinated guests (any age):

• Travel Authorization requirements include uploading vaccination card and proof of negative antigen test, administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test, within 48 hours of embarkation.
  • Note: The upload of the antigen test results should occur at same time as the upload of proof of vaccination. Do not upload one without the other, as the application will be rejected.

All unvaccinated guests (only applicable to guests under the age of 12):

• Travel Authorization requirements include proof of a negative PCR test, administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test, within 96 hours of embarkation.
  • All unvaccinated guests (only applicable to guests under the age of 12) will also be required to take an additional antigen test at embarkation. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line.

Where Bermuda is not the first port of call, or if the ship takes longer than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to take an additional antigen or PCR test onboard no more than 2 days prior to disembarking in Bermuda. This test will be paid for and administered by our onboard medical team.

All guests must have an approved Travel Authorization before embarkation.

• A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved
  • If you have any issues with the process, please contact:
  • Bermuda Tourism Authority: 1.833.570.2594 (toll-free)
  • Norwegian Cruise Line: 1.800.327.7030

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Does anyone know if Bermuda will accept a video proctored test?

Yes, supervised antigen tests are accepted as long as they satisfy the requirements stated here:

https://www.gov.bm/covid-19-tests-accepted-bermuda

COVID-19 Tests Accepted by Bermuda

Effective March 7, 2022:

A valid pre-travel COVID-19 test must be a COVID-19 NAAT test listed below or a supervised antigen test.

COVID-19 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)” means a type of viral diagnostic test for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 specifically identify the RNA (ribonucleic acid) sequences that comprise the genetic material (nucleic acids) of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The COVID-19 NAATs accepted in Bermuda are:

“COVID-19 PCR test” (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction),

“COVID-19 LAMP test” (loop-mediated isothermal amplification), and,

“COVID-19 TMA test” (transcription mediated amplification).

A valid pre-arrival test result must meet the following standards:

• The COVID-19 test type must be indicated on the test result: RT-PCR, Rapid PCR, RT-LAMP, Antigen, 
  • The test must be performed by an accredited laboratory, healthcare provider or pharmacy
  • The test result must be negative
  • The test result must be on the laboratory’s official documentation and state full name of laboratory and contact information for laboratory (address, telephone, email)
  • The test result must state the traveller's full name and date of birth and contact information (address, email)
  • The test result must state the date the sample was collected which must be within the time frame listed below:
    • For PCR, LAMP or TMA test, the date of the test must be no more than 4 days before the arrival date if arriving by air, or 4 days before the date of departure from the last port if arriving by sea 
    • For supervised antigen tests, the date of the test must be no more than 2 days before the arrival date if arriving by air, or 2 days before the date of departure from the last port if arriving by sea.

For any queries, contact Bermuda's COVID hotline at +1 (441) 444-2498 or TAapprovals@gov.bm

For more information visit out: Traveller's Testing FAQ's page.

• Like 1

Good news! I just got off the phone with Felicia at the Bermuda Coronavirus Information Call Center. According to Felicia Bermuda requires the travel authorization form and a PCR or antigen test 48 hours before embarkation sent to Bermuda and nothing else! I asked several times if either was acceptable and she said either and no other testing necessary. 
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PMO said:

Good news! I just got off the phone with Felicia at the Bermuda Coronavirus Information Call Center. According to Felicia Bermuda requires the travel authorization form and a PCR or antigen test 48 hours before embarkation sent to Bermuda and nothing else! I asked several times if either was acceptable and she said either and no other testing necessary. 

Unless it is a very new rule this is what you need to have done if Bermuda is NOT your first stop

If Bermuda is the not first port of call on your cruise OR your cruise will take more than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda:

All passengers regardless of vaccination status must undergo a further supervised antigen or COVID-19 NAAT on-board, by the ships medical team, no more than 2 days before passengers are to disembark in Bermuda. 

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Yes, supervised antigen tests are accepted as long as they satisfy the requirements stated here:

https://www.gov.bm/covid-19-tests-accepted-bermuda

COVID-19 Tests Accepted by Bermuda

Effective March 7, 2022:

A valid pre-travel COVID-19 test must be a COVID-19 NAAT test listed below or a supervised antigen test.

COVID-19 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)” means a type of viral diagnostic test for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 specifically identify the RNA (ribonucleic acid) sequences that comprise the genetic material (nucleic acids) of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The COVID-19 NAATs accepted in Bermuda are:

“COVID-19 PCR test” (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction),

“COVID-19 LAMP test” (loop-mediated isothermal amplification), and,

“COVID-19 TMA test” (transcription mediated amplification).

A valid pre-arrival test result must meet the following standards:

• The COVID-19 test type must be indicated on the test result: RT-PCR, Rapid PCR, RT-LAMP, Antigen, 
  • The test must be performed by an accredited laboratory, healthcare provider or pharmacy
  • The test result must be negative
  • The test result must be on the laboratory’s official documentation and state full name of laboratory and contact information for laboratory (address, telephone, email)
  • The test result must state the traveller's full name and date of birth and contact information (address, email)
  • The test result must state the date the sample was collected which must be within the time frame listed below:
    • For PCR, LAMP or TMA test, the date of the test must be no more than 4 days before the arrival date if arriving by air, or 4 days before the date of departure from the last port if arriving by sea 
    • For supervised antigen tests, the date of the test must be no more than 2 days before the arrival date if arriving by air, or 2 days before the date of departure from the last port if arriving by sea.

For any queries, contact Bermuda's COVID hotline at +1 (441) 444-2498 or TAapprovals@gov.bm

For more information visit out: Traveller's Testing FAQ's page.

I saw this. I wasn't sure if supervised antigen test meant that a video one was allowed, or if it needed to be done in person.