YC Inside Cabin questions ...

CounselorCruiser

We normally sail in a balcony cabin on either Celebrity or RCCL on transatlantics back to the States. I'd like to know from those that have sailed in the inside cabins in the Yacht Club, are the YC lounge and sun deck enough to 'compensate' for not having a balcony? Is there enough going on that we wouldn't feel 'couped up' in an inside cabin? Thanks!

The public areas in YC are excellent. If you are lay by the pool people, the YC pool area is very pleasant. There is also a poolside grill that serves a delicious lunch every day with salads, roasted meats, grilled vegetables, etc. Top Sail has a buffet of snacks that changes throughout the day. Also, keep in mind you have unlimited access to the thermal suite in the Aurea spa. I would not feel worried about being "trapped" in your cabin.

Good luck with your decision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CounselorCruiser said:

Is there enough going on that we wouldn't feel 'couped up' in an inside cabin?

Cruiser Bruiser's post ought to answer your question.  I'll add two more thoughts.  Service in Yacht Club will be better than what you have experienced on Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, I expect.  Also, you are not confined to the YC area.  You have "run of the ship" availability to experience other venues on your ship.  Want a drink in a lounge outside of YC?  There will be no charge.  And, based on my experience, when the bartender recognizes you are a YC guest, the pour will be more than the "standard pour".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Cruiser Bruiser's post ought to answer your question.  I'll add two more thoughts.  Service in Yacht Club will be better than what you have experienced on Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, I expect.  Also, you are not confined to the YC area.  You have "run of the ship" availability to experience other venues on your ship.  Want a drink in a lounge outside of YC?  There will be no charge.  And, based on my experience, when the bartender recognizes you are a YC guest, the pour will be more than the "standard pour".

Most of the bartenders around the ship will rotate through either the Topsail Lounge or the Pool One (the Yacht Club bars).  They will likely recognize you from the current cruise or a previous one in Yacht Club.  

6 hours ago, CounselorCruiser said:

We normally sail in a balcony cabin on either Celebrity or RCCL on transatlantics back to the States. I'd like to know from those that have sailed in the inside cabins in the Yacht Club, are the YC lounge and sun deck enough to 'compensate' for not having a balcony? Is there enough going on that we wouldn't feel 'couped up' in an inside cabin? Thanks!

I have not stayed in a YC interior. I have been inside one on both the Meraviglia last month and Seashore in December and we could not do it, no way!

The balcony rooms you are used to are bigger than these little rooms. As a solo, it would probably get by but if you are a couple and are used to a balcony, ask yourself if you could go inside on Celebrity or RCCL?

I could actually never go back to anything but a YC deluxe on MSC.

The lounge has been empty for most of the day. The deck is OK if the weather is OK.

I actually just sailed with Cruiser bruiser a few weeks ago in YC. Hey John!

Steve

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CounselorCruiser said:

We are like you, we normally sail in at least a balcony (sometimes JS or GS if a good deal). Last year we had booked a balcony on a 7 night UK cruise on Virtuosa, had the offer to bid on a YC inside so thought we would try. We got the upgrade and I was still a bit nervous about the inside but it turned out we were blown away by YC so much so we have booked another YIN for a 7 night Fjord cruise in May. I still like my balcony, we did a JS on Anthem in Oct and it was great but we were missing all the lovely additions of YC. 

We've decided we will do a bit of both in future, also planning to do a YC balcony in the Caribbean in a couple of years for a big birthday, think I would miss the balcony too much on a warm weather cruise.Could you try a YIN on a shorter cruise to see if you like it before going for a longer TA?

2 hours ago, kernow said:

We are like you, we normally sail in at least a balcony (sometimes JS or GS if a good deal). Last year we had booked a balcony on a 7 night UK cruise on Virtuosa, had the offer to bid on a YC inside so thought we would try. We got the upgrade and I was still a bit nervous about the inside but it turned out we were blown away by YC so much so we have booked another YIN for a 7 night Fjord cruise in May. I still like my balcony, we did a JS on Anthem in Oct and it was great but we were missing all the lovely additions of YC. 

Precisely, a YIN is the best kept secret and value in cruising for those who can 'tolerate' it. Don't get me wrong, there is no comparison in terms of space with the Deluxe Suite but there are ways to better utilise the space. When we do YIN, our first and really only request is to have any floor tables, the chair, and the coffee machine on the dressing area removed. Makes a huge difference.

On our recent 25 night repositioning and Caribbean cruise, in a Deluxe Suite, I think we used the balcony less than a handful of times. The rest of the YC enclave is our 'balcony' whether YIN or YC1.

32 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Our kids had a yin on Seaside but sure newer ships similar.  Biggest issue bathroom is tiny and shower is coffin size. 

I don't know if other ships are different but our bathroom on Virtuosa was exactly the same size as the ordinary (non YC) balcony cabins and similar to those we have had on RCL and X. We had cabin 16010 and have the same one booked this year.