So What Goodies Do You Personally Bring Onboard (Food-Snack-Treats) For In Cabin Snacks

BklynBoy8

So we have added so many interesting subjects under Food Goodies and having a lot of fun commenting.

From Wines, Drinks, Menu Choices and Wishes to Have on board if available during our Days of Sailing.

Some of those items in the In Cabin Refrig can be $$$$......

Do we have those particular items that we like to feel at home with choices we pack in the Carry On Bag. Something special to have on the Cabin Desk to nosh on once in awhile. Even for a late night snack the ship may not stock. Or on a Tour Bus....... May I add my.....

• Italian Sesame Cookies from our favorite bakery called "Regina's"
  • Favorite Hard Candies
  • Either/Both - Medium Bag of Potato Chips/Nuts/Pretzels
  • Pop Chips for lite snack
  • Some interesting items maybe from local stores in the Ports that are different to try..

So What's Your Favorites.........

I bring no snacks with me, but, if I am able to bring a bottle or two of a favorite wine without issues, I will do so.

Goodies that I have acquired aboard and returned home with me have been a bag of Dutch licorice candies from the Nieuw Statendam and those nightly chocolates from a variety of ships.  (MSC Meraviglia's flavor selections for those chocolates were varied and all were delicious.)  

I will purchase some foods in some ports at times.  Having samples available while shopping helps.  The most memorable have been chocolates from Iceland and Dutch cheeses.  

• 1 month later...

Depends where we are sailing to. When we did the Mediterranean we knew lots of places in Europe are big on putting nuts in food and don't really seem to have warnings or big concern on allergies so we brought on prepacked nut free snacks just in case to have something on hand to eat if my husband didn't want to risk eating while at port.

Last time we sailed on Royal's Freedom of the Seas there was almost 0 desserts my husband could have. All he could safely eat was pavlova, fruit, or the soft serve ice cream from the Sprinkles dispenser. So on our upcoming cruise we are planning to bring aboard a box of these chocolates so he can at least have something more special for dessert than fruit. vermontnutfree[.]com (Vermont Nut Free Chocolates)

Only foodie thing I've brought at stops besides alcohol was chocolate and vanilla from Mexico (which I shall be doing again and cinnamon if I can find it).

Edited by letstrythisplace
added what i have brought from ports
  • Thanks 1

I always take a box of my favorite diet drink in powder form.  Our local supermarket chain makes a concentrate powder similar to Crystal Light that’s even better.  The lemon mixed with iced tea is great and zero calories.  This is a great way to stay hydrated in the tropical heat!  

We usually bring some kind of chocolate (bars or candy), granola bars to take along on excursions just in case, and potato chips or cheesy crackers for something crunchy and salty. Sometimes you just need that, and not all ships have the little bags of potato chips. 

Gotta love the Yacht Club onboard MSC.  They offer a huge selection of bar snacks in the Top Sail Lounge the extent of which I have never seen anywhere before.  They also stock the refer in the cabin with a nice selection of snacks.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 11:49 AM, CntPAcruiser said:

not all ships have the little bags of potato chips. 

Pre-Covid, the Lido Restaurant on HAL ships would have small bags of potato chips where the pre-made sandwiches were located. 

• Like 1