Be accountable for our eating

We have things we want to do

Cruises to take

Want to walk around

See different places

We will never give up

We can do it

Lose Weight, be healthy and enjoy our lives

My thoughts---I haven't lost like I wanted the last couple of years.

I've had some ups and downs but mainly stayed the same

Was thinking if I wasn't coming here---How much would I have gained

I made it thru the worst of the virus (hope the worst) without

gaining like others we read about or if I did, I got it off.

Why because coming here each Week.

How about you? Coming here has helped you? Even if not where you want to be

What about you out there reading the posts, does it keep you aware to eat less.

Hope it does and you would come join us in person.

Edited by Belle

Thanks for starting the thread Belle.  I unfortunately got up and dressed (will shower later) and forgot to weigh myself.

This thread is why I have not gained as much as I would have - it does keep me accountable.  I enjoy having the chance to talk with others.   Jan

Umm fess up time?? I lost due to this thread than gained when I left. So back .....

Yesterday was a crappy day. My hairdresser 'misunderstood.' I wanted an inch off and it's about 1.5" long. It was almost shoulder length. Once my glasses come off I can't see what she's doing or I would have stopped her. Got so upset that I came home and ate a jar of peanuts. Not even the good honey roasted kind. Just regular. All I can think is "hair grows, at least it's not due to ca, it's been worse through medical treatments." 

Obviously didn't lose

Jan, just read about your son's housing on the other thread. Worst time to look

Edited by Ombud

Hello you two. Hope Izena and Jo enjoying their cruises.

Think Susan is on one too.

Jan you keep forgetting to weigh on Thursdays. Are we that easy to forget?😊

Hope you weigh Friday and you have a loss or no gains. Yes, talking to each other is nice.

Ombud was wondering where you went to. Glad your back with us. Even if not

losing at the moment coming in here helps to at least stay the same till we

do better.  Sorry about the haircut. Yes, it will grow back but understand how you feel.

Me I stayed the same. Glad I didn't gain been eating to many carbs. Wanted to lose a few

before the cruise but a this rate just don't want to gain. Leave in two weeks.

Take care, stay safe

Remembered to weigh myself this morning and I am down 2.6#  - I am very happy, now to just keep it off and to lose more!

Ombud - I'm so sorry she chopped off your hair - I would be wild and would have eaten lots of chocolate - at least peanuts have a little less calories - I know it's not much of a comfort, but hair does grow back.  I'm sorry.  Hope you have a good day today!

Belle - Where and how long are you going for on this newest cruise adventure?  I leave in 50 days - Nice you didn't have a gain this week.

This week has been ok (knock on wood) - all the kids seem to be dealing with what life has been this year (as of now) so that is good.  DH is doing well and the dog is her happy self ... Life is ok - I am still dealing with my back/sciatic - it isn't the best, but hoping it will keep improving all the time.

Have a wonderful weekend all - I will check in.  Jan

Jan congrats on the big loss. Did good this week. Glad your family is

doing good too. Yes, these last few years have been trying to say the least. 

Doing a b2b to the Panama Canal. Two 15 days, so 30 days gone.

1st leg doing solo and 2nd leg my daughter is joining me.  I've been before

but my daughter's 1st time. Have inside doing solo and balcony 2nd leg

with daughter.  Where are you going on your cruise?

Sorry your having trouble with your back still. Hope it gets better soon.

Ombud hope you're feeling better today. Remember peanuts not to bad, like

Jan I would of wanted Ice cream and chocolate, so if look at it that way you

really did good.😊 

Nothing new here, oh did get my home tests for the cruise and these have good dates

on them compared to the last ones. Bet the company is working around the clock making them now.

Really need to clean this house, should start doing it then sitting here at the computer.

Enjoy your weekend but do come by and say Hi.

Jan congrats on the loss

Belle which company are you using for the home tests? Are they proctored? I might need one for my September cruise

Still struggling to get back in weight loss mentality but it's easier to ramp up activity. So that's where I'm concentrating 

Got back yesterday from cruise.   Jan great loss ,   Ombud sorry about hair cut.  Belle thanks for the thread.

I feel like I won the lottery with my cruise.   The Friday before the cruise I was already in Cabo.  We were notified that the Mexican Navy halted our sailing ( would be on dock at least until Tuesday when the could try and get us sailing). We had option to continue to boat or go home (with full cruise credit)   I decided to stay.   

The trip was amazing.  Our boat never left the dock but Uncruise  arranged excursions — whale watching,  swimming with whale sharks and sea lions, horseback riding, kayaking, beach and hiking adventures,   Staff was incredible — none of cruisers were aware we were the first cruise since Covid on this ship.   42 cruisers signed up 13 went home so there were only 29 of us and 28 crew members.   So we had an uncruise on uncruise.

We were informed mid week that we would be getting compensated for activities a few weeks after the cruise.  What none  of us expected was a full  cruise credit for a future cruise.    They out did themselves in arranging  excursions — and making us have an incredible experience.   They cancelled the cruise after ours because Still no clearance to sail.  I was also upgraded from a small solo cabin to a double at no cost.   

• Like 3

Izena what a fantastic experience!! 

Super Bowl today kicks off at 3pm PST. Just hoping I can restrain myself from all the goodies. Its 1/2 watching game 1/2 feasting. Anyone watching? What are you serving??

Hello to all

Ombud sorry didn't get back to you sooner. Yes, the home test ordered from

Optum, Abbott, BinaxNOW. You take it while they watch and get results in 15 minutes.

Good Luck with Super Bowl Eating. May watch, no party so no extra food. If watch

maybe popcorn.

Izena sounds like a great cruise that didn't cruise. All those excursions and then got

your money back. You were already there so why not stay--Good Decision.

Jan hope you're having a good. In fact, wishing everyone a good day.

Settling in to daily routine.  Researched  flights to Hawaii — way to $$$ and  timely return flight — decided no Hawaii cruises — I can snorkel and enjoy warm water in Cozumel or grand cayman .    

Hope everyone is safe and warm. 

Afternoon to you Izena and others.

Finally had Christmas with my "kids" yesterday. I decorated a little, we open gifts and

had a nice lunch/dinner. Couldn't make it before, 1st was on cruise and then have

to make it when they all have the same day off. Yesterday was it!

Sorry about Hawaii air flights, if cruising why do you have to fly to Hawaii? Do you only

cruise out of Hawaii? Los Angeles and San Francisco have round trip cruises

to Hawaii. Less money for air fare to those cities.

Jan and Ombud hope you're doing well.

• Like 1