Complimentary Gift from Princess for Anniversary or Birthday

sloopsailor

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Honestly, if my DH and I are on a cruise during either a birthday or anniversary, we keep it to ourselves.  We have zero interest in singing waiters or run of the mill birthday cake.  We prefer to celebrate together with a good bottle of wine on our balcony with some nice cheese and crackers that we grab at the buffet.  Now, that’s a celebration!

You do know that the line knows your birthday correct. ?  That is how the know how old you are on embarkation day. You can see your age on the travel summary

30 minutes ago, memoak said:

You do know that the line knows your birthday correct. ?  That is how the know how old you are on embarkation day. You can see your age on the travel summary

Very true, but unless you place a formal request for a birthday celebration, it is just another day on a cruise.  I was recently on a cruise where a solo passenger wanted to celebrate her birthday.  I don't know who ordered her "real" 8 inch round cake, but she wore a tiara to dinner, everyone around her sang, and she took her cake around Club Class to share with everyone.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Very true, but unless you place a formal request for a birthday celebration, it is just another day on a cruise.  I was recently on a cruise where a solo passenger wanted to celebrate her birthday.  I don't know who ordered her "real" 8 inch round cake, but she wore a tiara to dinner, everyone around her sang, and she took her cake around Club Class to share with everyone.  

There are 8 inch cakes you can order on some ships. They are displayed at the IC. Perhaps she ordered it there

3 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

I no longer celebrate my birthday. Instead, I celebrate anniversaries of my 25th birthday. I am quickly approaching my 48th anniversary of that special b-day. 

Good one. The 25th was a special birthday because I remember celebrating that my car insurance rate went down.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

There are 8 inch cakes you can order on some ships. They are displayed at the IC. Perhaps she ordered it there

I was just comparing her cake to the square complimentary birthday cake.  

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I felt a bit insulted this last week when I didn't receive my usual, "Happy Birthday Jill!" email. Heck, I had it on my calendar. I usually get the email from Princess every year. Of course I'm not named Jill and I have never even known anybody named Jill but I kind of looked forward to the email.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I felt a bit insulted this last week when I didn't receive my usual, "Happy Birthday Jill!" email. Heck, I had it on my calendar. I usually get the email from Princess every year. Of course I'm not named Jill and I have never even known anybody named Jill but I kind of looked forward to the email.🤪

Happy Birthday, Jill! 🎁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Oh, so sorry you got Jillted!

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, memoak said:

Of course they know the date of my birthday!  However, unless I make a big deal about it and request recognition in the form of a cake, etc., then absolutely nobody could care less.  

Edited by Lady Arwen

On 10/24/2022 at 12:26 PM, Dar & Bob said:

We were on the Grand this summer on our anniversary and got absolutely Nothin, nada, zilch  We will be on the Sky for my birthday and we will see. 

There was nothing on the Enchanted either other than the display on your cabin door and the screens around the ship.

• Like 1

I kind of have mixed feelings about this. We’re cruising Mexico in January.  We’re going “whole hog” this time. We’ve got a nice suite (aft corner) and the whole Megillah.  Our first time in a suite after 20 years of cruising. Don’t tell anybody but I’ ll turn 80, midweek of our cruise. I am so happy, appreciative, thankful! This cruise is very special for my wife and I. I really want to tell the world but I’m a very private person too who doesn't like to draw attention to himself.  So we’ll try to stay beneath the radar. Don’t tell anyone.

Rick 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

Happy Birthday [insert name here]

On 10/24/2022 at 2:37 PM, sloopsailor said:

I no longer celebrate my birthday. Instead, I celebrate anniversaries of my 25th birthday. I am quickly approaching my 48th anniversary of that special b-day. 

I only celebrate every 5th birthday. The intervening 4 are "Gift Getting Days".