When does a child get adult's Crown & Anchor status update?

drrich2

The linked accounts show the points total of the highest person.

So husband, wife, kids, all show the same points.  Once the kids turn 18, the are automatically unlinked and they keep the status, but their points totals will revert to their actual number based on sailing.

This is what you SEE.  The persons actual points totals are carried behind the scenes.

• Like 3

While not directly related to the original topic, somewhat related!

Earned the points for Diamond plus on last cruise (Navigator a couple weeks ago).  My wife did not join me, however both our accounts updated to Diamond Plus status at the same time (yesterday).  So this worked as advertised, no calls necessary.  Do not have any linked minors to report on...

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thanks for posting! I'm surprised to see that. I'd had the understanding your kids get your status but their points. On our last cruise, I think our daughter's Seapass card listed her status on her points, below my wife and mine, but it didn't have any significant impact so I didn't complain about it. If my wife and I are blessed to make diamond after our next hoped for cruise, that will be another story. I'd like our daughter to get it, of course. 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:47 PM, ustasmom said:

That isn't the way the accounts read for two of my children. My 14 year old's account shows my point number and status. She is now the same status with her own earned points, but her points show my total. Another child turned 18 recently. So he had my status and point count from when he turned 18.  We recently cruised and the point count continued on and did not reset.

But, my older son's account has his points and status just that, his points and status. He definitely had more points a few years ago.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:47 PM, ustasmom said:

That isn't the way the accounts read for two of my children. My 14 year old's account shows my point number and status. She is now the same status with her own earned points, but her points show my total. Another child turned 18 recently. So he had my status and point count from when he turned 18.  We recently cruised and the point count continued on and did not reset.

But, my older son's account has his points and status just that, his points and status. He definitely had more points a few years ago.

That being said, my daughter's point count was wrong a few months ago. When I asked about it, they were actually seeing one number and her account was showing an entirely different number. But when cruise points were rewarded they got everything straighten out on her account. 

Tell them not to be surprised if the glitch gets fixed at some point.  In other words, don’t plan around those numbers they know are wrong (ex. some folks book an extra short trip just to get to the next level before a big trip).  I wonder if her cruise history shows her prior cruises accurately.  

• 5 weeks later...

My son inherited my Diamond status when he was under 18. Now, several years later, he still has the status, but not the point total. That is accurate with the number he has earned on his own. Daughter is Diamond in her own right, but also reflects her proper point total she sailed.

Fast forward to now. Cruising with my granddaughter soon and we will see how her status reflects after her first sailing. Talked to the C&A Dept and the lady I spoke to insisted that they will only status match with only the father or mother at the request of the parent. So much for mixed family units. 🤦‍♀️ Stay tuned....

On 2/17/2022 at 3:05 AM, brillohead said:

Like I said, it's gotta be for MY benefit... I still need to pay for 117 points worth of cruising to hit Pinnacle.

So if you wanna be my sugar daddy with no expectation of receiving any sugar, we can talk! 🤣

I support this mutually beneficial deal

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 8:29 AM, SRF said:

So husband, wife, kids, all show the same points.  Once the kids turn 18, the are automatically unlinked and they keep the status, but their points totals will revert to their actual number based on sailing.

This is what you SEE.  The persons actual points totals are carried behind the scenes.

So what happens if you get fake divorced from your fake marriage, would you keep your status? 🤔

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

So what happens if you get fake divorced from your fake marriage, would you keep your status? 🤔

Well, since he hasn't actually proposed to me, and since his girlfriend would probably beat me up, I guess we'll never actually find out!  🤣

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2022 at 11:49 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

Why bother, they accept significant others without marriage, as long as the same mailing address.

28 minutes ago, SRF said:

Why bother, they accept significant others without marriage, as long as the same mailing address.

13 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Still need to worry about your GF beating me up!  LOL

Sounds like the solution is for all 3 of you to "share the same address." Everybody gets Pinnacle. Nobody gets beat up. Everybody wins.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm not sure 3 way relationship can be linked

Unlink GF.  Link to BH, get Pin, unlink from BH, link back with GF. 😄

Even if I have to cruise with BH it would be worth it. 😄

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SRF said:

Unlink GF.  Link to BH, get Pin, unlink from BH, link back with GF. 😄

Even if I have to cruise with BH it would be worth it. 😄

They used to call that the Pinnacle Divorce. 

It's a little more complicated now, good luck.

Even without swapping partners, it can be lucrative to seperate after the lead spouse attains pinnacle.

Why you ask?

The milestone cruise certificates. 😉

And that's why it's hard to do now

• Like 1

From the inconsistency department, son inherited Diamond status from us. First cruise as an adult took his soon to be wife and received Diamond status. She was only Gold. We planned a family cruise after they married and his wife called Royal to upgrade her status to his only to be told his Diamond status was a mistake and bumped him back to Platinum. We told him to call back and send them his cruise card with Diamond status on it but apparently he was too busy for that so they both cruised Platinum. He and his family are Diamond now based on his points.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:29 AM, SRF said:

Somehow my husband has 5 more points than the rest of us. He turned platinum before we did.  It's weird. If we go in and look at our accouns we all have the same amount of points. But his total shows 5 more points. 

2 hours ago, dcgrumpy said:

Somehow my husband has 5 more points than the rest of us. He turned platinum before we did.  It's weird. If we go in and look at our accouns we all have the same amount of points. But his total shows 5 more points. 

Then he must have cruised without you knowing it :classic_wink:

• Haha 1